Welcome to The Platinum Board

We are a Nebraska Husker fan community. Please either login or register for an account

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Breaking Keep your eyes on

This seems like clickbait to me. Wiltfongdonger finding a way to get Nebraska fan clicks on a day when most Nebraska fans aren't generating any because our class is basically done.

I would be happy to be wrong but we are sitting at 88 scholarships already without this dude and RB Allen.
Don't worry about the scholarship number...

Make him walk on and get him an NIL deal. Then when spring is over cut the fat and put who is worthy on scholarship.

If any worthy OTs or DTs come available I'm sure Nebraska will be interested....along with every other school out there.
I agree but for all the kids in the portal you can’t tell me there aren’t 10-20 OL better than 2-3 of ours. Teddy P has a shot to be great but the others are very replaceable.

I agree but for all the kids in the portal you can’t tell me there aren’t 10-20 OL better than 2-3 of ours. Teddy P has a shot to be great but the others are very replaceable.
There's a reason a lot of those guys are in the portal. Most of them are because they have been processed.

Let's say Benhart entered the portal and we are all familiar with his time and struggles at Nebraska
If you were a fan of say......Washington St, and had no knowledge of Benhart's performance at Nebraska. You'd look at this recruiting profiles and see his size and his star rating and say "that guy's gotta be better than what we currently have"

My point is that linemen that can really contribute are not a dime a dozen. Everyone knows that it begins and ends up front. So if a linemen in the portal hasn't been picked up at this point....he's either REALLY good and can wait it out and the schools won't care or he's not a power 5 kid.

They desperately need interior DL or they are going to see what these pups have to offer.

Missing out on that Miami kid stings. They really need a solid 1/0 tech
I don't think the need for an interior DL is at the point where I would consider it desperate. The Miami kid would have been amazing and would have elevated the defense a level. But I have faith in the room that Tuioti left behind.

Gonna be a lot of hot hot Chub to Bonner action! 🍆

I don't think the need for an interior DL is at the point where I would consider it desperate. The Miami kid would have been amazing and would have elevated the defense a level. But I have faith in the room that Tuioti left behind.
I think it would be nice to have somebody with more experience at the 1/0.

Or they're going to need Nash to step up big time.

They desperately need interior DL or they are going to see what these pups have to offer.

Missing out on that Miami kid stings. They really need a solid 1/0 tech
Still some guys available in the Portal unfortunately haven't heard any connections with Nebraska with any of them. I'm sure there will be more in the spring hopefully Nebraska can pick up one or two then.

Gracias

The Rock Thank You GIF by Regal

I get the angst around O-Line but we are sitting around 15 scholly O-Lineman right now correct?

If we could just hit on 33% of O-Lineman there’s your starting 5. Problem is we batted Zero from 2017-2019

There's a reason a lot of those guys are in the portal. Most of them are because they have been processed.

Let's say Benhart entered the portal and we are all familiar with his time and struggles at Nebraska
If you were a fan of say......Washington St, and had no knowledge of Benhart's performance at Nebraska. You'd look at this recruiting profiles and see his size and his star rating and say "that guy's gotta be better than what we currently have"

My point is that linemen that can really contribute are not a dime a dozen. Everyone knows that it begins and ends up front. So if a linemen in the portal hasn't been picked up at this point....he's either REALLY good and can wait it out and the schools won't care or he's not a power 5 kid.
I don’t disagree with your entire thought process but you’re basically saying we’re fucked and that benhart is better than every other guy in the portal. I don’t buy it. I know the good guys get good schools but there has to be better than what we’ve got.

I think it would be nice to have somebody with more experience at the 1/0.

Or they're going to need Nash to step up big time.
I have Nash Penciled in there. This will be his second spring and third summer/fall raining - he should be ready to take that step. I was pretty impressed with him against Cockeye. I actually think we see pretty big steps out of both him and Blaise Gunnerson.

Theme customization system

You can customize some areas of the forum theme from this menu.

• Wide/Narrow view

You can control a structure that you can use to use your theme wide or narrow.

Grid view forum list

You can control the layout of the forum list in a grid or ordinary listing style structure.

Close sidebar

You can get rid of the crowded view in the forum by closing the sidebar.

Fixed sidebar

You can make it more useful and easier to access by pinning the sidebar.

• Color combinations cannot be used

Color combinations are not available to you, this area may be restricted by administrators. Please contact the administrator for more information.

Color gradient backgrounds
Back