Welcome to the forum 👋, Visitor

To access the forum content and all our services, you must register or log in to the forum. Becoming a member of the forum is completely free.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

July recruiting thread

I'm not sure I agree that we have a smaller chance with Terry than Sanders. What we did hear was that Oregon was a little disappointed after his visit there because Nebraska had the momentum - and that was before he returned here.

I don't expect him to decide for a couple of weeks.
I didn’t read it that way. It was more “Nebraska isn’t a non factor” or “don’t sleep on Nebraska”, but they believed it was Texas as the real threat.

From what’s been said about Terry, he is realizing how much money he can make and this could come down to a bidding war between two of the deepest pockets in the game. And if you are completely thrilled taking either “job”, both offer the same opportunity, why not take the one that pays more?

On the Sanders girlfriend point, I’m not 100% positive that is the case. In the context of the message I was putting together points I’d heard from their sides. Like @SOHusker11 said, there is a rumor she is a soccer player. There’s a rumor she just goes there and is a year ahead. There’s another that she “committed” to play there. Idk.

@nja13 i think @Lionsfan93 was just referring to my “happy?” At the end of the post.

Young Mr. Sanders,

Some advice:
You don't follow any single pussy to college. You drown in tons of strange pussy when you get there.

You're welcome.

Tsakoi
The feedback the Rivals Clemson writers were getting from their recruiters was that the GF was playing only a small role in his recruitment.

Heard she plays soccer.
Although I have heard that rumor, the soccer connection has never been mentioned that I can find on the Tennessee boards, and there is no one I could find on Tennessee's soccer roster from the area where Sanders lives.

I didn’t read it that way. It was more “Nebraska isn’t a non factor” or “don’t sleep on Nebraska”, but they believed it was Texas as the real threat.
Yeah, I don't read it that way. To me it read that Nebraska has the momentum now, but when Nebraska ends up with an average season it would eventually end up a TN-Oregon battle

I don't know that we land either and I don't want to be a "yay moral victories" guy, but it's a great indicator that Rhule and Co have gotten these dudes who were trending away from us back to campus for another bite at the apple
It truly is. We haven’t done anything on the field yet but here we are getting really close on some big time recruits that the elite programs are full court pressing for. Wherever these recruits commit before the start of the season doesn’t matter if we start winning games (or losing). We win we’re back in it. That includes Merritt, Corey Simms, Cortez Mills, Chase Loftin, the Bishop Gorman kids, Adonyss Currie…

We have the space to take more if it’s the top of our board players. The next step is winning.

Yeah, I don't read it that way. To me it read that Nebraska has the momentum now, but when Nebraska ends up with an average season it would eventually end up a TN-Oregon battle
Agree to disagree. I don’t think he means “currently winning” by saying “momentum”. Just that we’ve been doing great with top recruits making them interested in us. And the point around how we’ll only win 6-7 wins is that it’ll eliminate us from these types of battles going forward.

He did end it with it being TX/UO in the end.

He did end it with it being TX/UO in the end.
Agree - that was after assuming Nebraska would end up having an average season. Sanders commits 8/17, so who is he suggesting gets that 8/17 commitment in his scenario?

Agree - that was after assuming Nebraska would end up having an average season. Sanders commits 8/17, so who is he suggesting gets that 8/17 commitment in his scenario?
Who are we talking about? I thought we were talking about the Oregon guy talking about Terry.

Theme customization system

You can customize some areas of the forum theme from this menu.

• Wide/Narrow view

You can control a structure that you can use to use your theme wide or narrow.

Grid view forum list

You can control the layout of the forum list in a grid or ordinary listing style structure.

Picture grid mode

You can control the structure where you can open/close images in the grid forum list.

Close sidebar

You can get rid of the crowded view in the forum by closing the sidebar.

Fixed sidebar

You can make it more useful and easier to access by pinning the sidebar.

Close radius

You can use the radius at the corners of the blocks according to your taste by closing/opening it.

• Color combinations cannot be used

Color combinations are not available to you, this area may be restricted by administrators. Please contact the administrator for more information.

Backgrounds are not available!

Background checks are not available to you, this area may be restricted by administrators. Please contact the administrator for more information.

Back