Welcome to the forum 👋, Visitor

To access the forum content and all our services, you must register or log in to the forum. Becoming a member of the forum is completely free.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

July recruiting thread

Maybe finished inside the top 20 last year raised my expectations too much...
I certainly expected an immediate Raiola-effect but that was probably the wrong way to look at it.

There needs to be results before that interest turns into a commitment. I think the fact that we're even in the discussion with Sanders at this point is the Raiola-effect in action. Just might take another year for the breakout.

The Tater Island Industry’s No. 1 ranked offensive tackle and No. 2 prospect overall David Sanders Jr. is working towards making his college commitment on Aug. 17.

The finalists remain the same for the Charlotte (NC) Providence Day five-star. Georgia, Nebraska, Ohio State and Tennessee are top of mind for the coveted Sanders.

Next week the college football recruiting dead period ends and schools can host prospects for a week. The 6-foot-6, 280-pound Sanders will be one of the guys back on the road to see a finalists or two.

“We’re in the process of getting all the dates in order and we’ll talk to David and see where he wants to go for the last final impression,” Sanders’ mother Samantha said.

“If he has the opportunity to get to more than one we want to.”

Who could get a visit​

Of his finalists, Sanders has been to all of them several times with the exception of Nebraska. His only experience in Lincoln was his official visit over Mother’s Day weekend. The Bulldogs, Vols and Buckeyes all got official visits in June beginning with UGA on the 7th, UT on the 14th and OSU on the 21st.

In addition to being one of the top football prospects in the country, Sanders is also a terrific student and aspiring orthopedic surgeon with an eye on majoring in sports medicine. He was awarded the Gatorade State Player of the Year honor after helping Providence Day win another state championship.

Sanders spoke highly of each program in May at the Tater Island Elite Series​

Georgia: “Georgia is Georgia. You want to go there, go to the NFL, that’s the place to go. Coach Smart has done a great job, me and Coach (Stacy) Searels have a great relationship, he’s been recruiting me since he was at UNC so me and him go way back. I think they’re doing a great job with the guys that they brought in in that 2024 class … Mason Short‘s coming in to Georgia and that’s one of my really good friends in this whole entire recruitment process. So Georgia’s done a great job, they were one of my early offers, my 10th offer as a freshman, so they’ve been on me really early, so Georgia’s always been at the top of the list.”

Tennessee: “I just love Tennessee’s coaching staff. Coach (Josh) Heupel and Coach (Glen) Elarbee, they do a great job with that personal connection. I think out of anybody, they do the best job calling, texting, just staying in contact with my parents and building that relationship. I just feel like you can be yourself at Tennessee, there’s nothing you have to do differently, even though it’s a big SEC school that wins a lot of games and is in contention for winning national championships year in and year out, that’s a place you can go and freely be yourself. I feel like you can go there, develop and be the first big-time offensive tackle to come out of Tennessee. They have everything you need to do to be successful there.”

Ohio State: “I would say they were always in the mix for sure, because I liked Ohio State. Obviously they’re known for making great offensive tackles … seeing that as a young kid, like I can go there and do the same thing. Ohio State got the bump early because I had only been there one time until recently. Ohio State is different, but they’ve done a phenomenal job, coming up there for the spring a couple of times and being around that program … I just think Coach (Justin) Frye is an amazing offensive line coach, he’s shown that he can develop guys and push them to the next level. He’s very passionate in everything that he’s doing … I feel like his coaching style and my playing style can mesh really good.”

Nebraska: Dylan (Raiola),” Sanders said when asked what Nebraska did to get on his radar. “When they pulled the No. 1 player out of the 2024 class, they can get the No. 1 offensive tackle from the 2025 class to protect him. If you have a high-caliber quarterback like that, you need somebody that’s going to protect him. I feel like he’s done a great job, even when he was committed at Georgia. That’s one of the main reasons I took that visit because he did such a good job building that relationship with me and letting me know ‘I need you to come block for me.’ His tune never changed when he committed to Nebraska.”

Whole lotta nothing tbh

I certainly expected an immediate Raiola-effect but that was probably the wrong way to look at it.

There needs to be results before that interest turns into a commitment. I think the fact that we're even in the discussion with Sanders at this point is the Raiola-effect in action. Just might take another year for the breakout.
Agreed. I do think if we go 8-4 or even 9-3 we may flip a couple guys before signing day.

I bet he’s a giver. A real “does more with less” kind of partner.
Religious girls are more prone to freakyness. The guys need to be stick up the ass, I’m the man, be subordinate and pleasure me but I will not pleasure you types

I think if we were willing to pay the HS kids equal or above market Raiola would have been more impactful but that’s not how we spend our money. And we aren’t changing course in year two.

Theme customization system

You can customize some areas of the forum theme from this menu.

• Wide/Narrow view

You can control a structure that you can use to use your theme wide or narrow.

Grid view forum list

You can control the layout of the forum list in a grid or ordinary listing style structure.

Picture grid mode

You can control the structure where you can open/close images in the grid forum list.

Close sidebar

You can get rid of the crowded view in the forum by closing the sidebar.

Fixed sidebar

You can make it more useful and easier to access by pinning the sidebar.

Close radius

You can use the radius at the corners of the blocks according to your taste by closing/opening it.

• Color combinations cannot be used

Color combinations are not available to you, this area may be restricted by administrators. Please contact the administrator for more information.

Backgrounds are not available!

Background checks are not available to you, this area may be restricted by administrators. Please contact the administrator for more information.

Back