Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

January Recruiting Thread (6 Viewers)

nja13

2x All-state FG/PAT holder
Elite Member

What was Rhule doing at the capitol today?

Oh, this:

Gov. Pillen Leads Wellness Walk Through Capitol
01/12/2024 04:28 PM CST

LINCOLN, NE – Today, Governor Jim Pillen strapped on his sneakers and led a crowd of walkers through the State Capitol, as part of the annual Governor’s Wellness Walk. Participants included state senators and Nebraska Football Coach Matt Rhule. The event is organized by the Nebraska Sports Council, as part of the kickoff to its WellPower Movement – a free, online activity-tracking program.

Carm

Graduate Assistant
Recruiting Analyst
Insider
Elite Member
tPB OG

Maryland Football Recruiting: Juco prospect set to host Terps, likes the idea of grinding in the Big Ten​

The latest from the Maryland football recruiting trail.​

Jeff ErmannJEFF ERMANN23 hrsVIP31

Maryland football's staff would like to add one or two more linemen to replace a few outgoing veterans, and one option is Dylan Christley, a standout at Maricopa Junior College (Ariz.).

"They're coming here on Tuesday. They want to talk in person. the defensive line coach [Brian Williams] is coming out," said Christley, an athletic 275-pounder who totaled 11.5 sacks, 30 tackles and two forced fumbles during an eight-game season. "They they D-linemen. They're really looking for the right guy."

Christley would like to make a commitment within the next two weeks so he can enroll for the spring semester. If Maryland offers

"I haven't set any visits right now. I'm gonna set them up sometime next week most likely."

Nebraska, Illinois, Arizona State, Colorado State and others are also pursuing Christley, a Tennessee native. Who's most interested?

"All of them. I'm probably getting calls from all of them three or four times a week," he said. "They think I'm different [at] 6-2, 275 [pounds], run a 4.4. They like that athleticism."

Christley (video below) likes Maryland's role as a scrappy underdog working to climb the Big Ten hierarchy.

"I think that Maryland is really that school that is fighting to rise in the Big Ten. They're not at the top of the Big Ten, which makes it great because we can get it to the top if we grind," he said.

What's he looking for?

"Really just, education comes first, but football-wise, a place that wants me to come in and immediately make an impact, and just the right fit for me," he said.

Where would he land on the Terps defensive line if he ends up at Maryland?

They see me all over," he said. "I'm big enough to play inside, but fast enough to play outside."

Baron Winnebago

Scrote Statistician
Elite Member
tPB OG
Jake Gyllenhaal Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

Carm

Graduate Assistant
Recruiting Analyst
Insider
Elite Member
tPB OG

Maryland Football Recruiting: Juco prospect set to host Terps, likes the idea of grinding in the Big Ten​

The latest from the Maryland football recruiting trail.​

Jeff ErmannJEFF ERMANN23 hrsVIP31

Maryland football's staff would like to add one or two more linemen to replace a few outgoing veterans, and one option is Dylan Christley, a standout at Maricopa Junior College (Ariz.).

"They're coming here on Tuesday. They want to talk in person. the defensive line coach [Brian Williams] is coming out," said Christley, an athletic 275-pounder who totaled 11.5 sacks, 30 tackles and two forced fumbles during an eight-game season. "They they D-linemen. They're really looking for the right guy."

Christley would like to make a commitment within the next two weeks so he can enroll for the spring semester. If Maryland offers

"I haven't set any visits right now. I'm gonna set them up sometime next week most likely."

Nebraska, Illinois, Arizona State, Colorado State and others are also pursuing Christley, a Tennessee native. Who's most interested?

"All of them. I'm probably getting calls from all of them three or four times a week," he said. "They think I'm different [at] 6-2, 275 [pounds], run a 4.4. They like that athleticism."

Christley (video below) likes Maryland's role as a scrappy underdog working to climb the Big Ten hierarchy.

"I think that Maryland is really that school that is fighting to rise in the Big Ten. They're not at the top of the Big Ten, which makes it great because we can get it to the top if we grind," he said.

What's he looking for?

"Really just, education comes first, but football-wise, a place that wants me to come in and immediately make an impact, and just the right fit for me," he said.

Where would he land on the Terps defensive line if he ends up at Maryland?

They see me all over," he said. "I'm big enough to play inside, but fast enough to play outside."
there is some kind of story behind Christley. I can find 4 JUCOs that showed him on their roster in the last 2-3 years

Maricopa
De Anza
Galivan
Chabot

BorWhiskey

Ziggy Stardust
Insider
Elite Member
My dad was a USNA grad. His last station was the pentagon so we moved back up into the DMV. When we were there they “sponsored” a ton of mids over the years. And because of that we went to a lot of sports events. Men’s and women’s basketball, sprint football, lacrosse, women’s soccer, wrestling, baseball… and every single football game.

I’d go to those games and I’d see the other athletes there supporting their classmates, brigade mates, or company mates. Cheering so loudly. It was so cool seeing that support. Really felt the culture of togetherness. Growing up it’s what I imagined college was like.

I never felt that in Lincoln. It was pretty much only about the football team, at least from where I was standing. I don’t recall any of the players going to other sports en masse. But it makes sense. USNA is a small school. It’s a lot easier to build bonds because the school forces you to.

Rhule seems to be working to make the entire school come together. And that it’s not just about the football program. It really is about doing the right thing. Being a good person. It’s heart warming.

You sure he isn't trying to enroll there for his senior year?
Anyone else still have this nightmare? Sometimes it’s that I need to go back to high school. Sometimes it’s that I didn’t attend class and now I’ve got a final.

Carm

Graduate Assistant
Recruiting Analyst
Insider
Elite Member
tPB OG
Anyone else still have this nightmare? Sometimes it’s that I need to go back to high school. Sometimes it’s that I didn’t attend class and now I’ve got a final.
I have it about college - a class I forget to go to, a final I forget about, and a last minute frenzy. Or, as you say, unexpectedly going back years later to finish.

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds