Welcome to The Platinum Board

We are a Nebraska Husker fan community. Please either login or register for an account

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

It's Official - CU @ NU is Primetime on NBC

I just don't see Colorado fans travelling in volume like that. I wouldn't expect there to be many offers from Colorado fans, much more pressure from Nebraska fans that would want to go.
It's funny, bc the CU keyboard warriors are acting like this is an easy Buff win to the tune of -21 to -24 pts over NU.

If this is a road game their team is "guaranteed" to win by 3 TDs, you'd think there'd be a lot of interest from their traveling fans. Hmmm

It's funny, bc the CU keyboard warriors are acting like this is an easy Buff win to the tune of -21 to -24 pts over NU.

If this is a road game their team is "guaranteed" to win by 3 TDs, you'd think there'd be a lot of interest from their traveling fans. Hmmm
Dion keyboard warriors* not even CU fans, hence why they don't travel.

Less is more when it comes to studio music at games. It's my biggest gripe with memorial and I have many.

Been to most of the big ten stadiums and a few SEC ones. The best atmospheres let the stadium speak for itself. Bands and crowd noise make the atmosphere and build tension. Maybe play Crazy Train ahead of a third down or something to turn up the crowd's volume. It seems like there's a different song every other play. Camp Randall and Kinnick handle the production of a game really well. Not sure why we're seemingly so bad at it.

The worst part of getting into the moment at nebraska is they'll play like two or three songs at a specific stoppage and even genre mix. It's mind boggling.

Probably the worst stadium that gets a full crowd I've ever been to in that regard. Is it the acoustics? Boomers? No idea
Agreed with this. I have not been to a game in Lincoln in a while but the atmosphere I last experienced was like that of an NFL game with way too many distractions that take away from the game experience. NU's gameday experience was much better when they had less bells and whistles at their disposal.

Agreed with this. I have not been to a game in Lincoln in a while but the atmosphere I last experienced was like that of an NFL game with way too many distractions that take away from the game experience. NU's gameday experience was much better when they had less bells and whistles at their disposal.
Seems like there are so many videos showcasing geology professors and stuff haha

Less is more when it comes to studio music at games. It's my biggest gripe with memorial and I have many.

Been to most of the big ten stadiums and a few SEC ones. The best atmospheres let the stadium speak for itself. Bands and crowd noise make the atmosphere and build tension. Maybe play Crazy Train (example) ahead of a third down or something to turn up the crowd's volume but that should be about it. It seems like there's a different song every other play. Camp Randall and Kinnick handle the production of a game really well. Not sure why we're seemingly so bad at it.

The worst part of getting into the moment at nebraska is they'll play like two or three songs at a specific stoppage and even genre mix. It's mind boggling.

Probably the worst stadium that gets a full crowd I've ever been to in that regard. Is it the acoustics? Boomers? No idea
its the 8 years without a bowl game

Probably going to get a decent amount of hate for this but the atmosphere in Boulder last year was better than any game at Nebraska in a long time. Boulder just felt hostile, like we were in enemy territory & maybe it was the booze in me but the stadium was fuckin rockin. Would love to start winning so maybe we can get that back.

Probably going to get a decent amount of hate for this but the atmosphere in Boulder last year was better than any game at Nebraska in a long time. Boulder just felt hostile, like we were in enemy territory & maybe it was the booze in me but the stadium was fuckin rockin. Would love to start winning so maybe we can get that back.
We need a bunch of extremely old people to die off before we can get that back.

I think part of the problem is the team's play not matching the energy of the moment. There have been buildup to big games where the stadium is rocking then the team plays flat or is totally overmatched.

Games like that 2014 Miami or 2016 Oregon had a great environment plus a W. Then there are games like when Gameday was here for OSU and we take a huge dump.

I think part of the problem is the team's play not matching the energy of the moment. There have been buildup to big games where the stadium is rocking then the team plays flat or is totally overmatched.

Games like that 2014 Miami or 2016 Oregon had a great environment plus a W. Then there are games like when Gameday was here for OSU and we take a huge dump.
I see 2014 Miami referenced a lot (deservedly so), but what about 2021 Michigan? That was in itself an unbelievable atmosphere.

The music is just completely schizophrenic at the games. Stop playing the first 7 seconds of Black Skinhead by Kanye West followed by some shitty POD song followed by Click Click Boom by Saliva and then some pop country song. Literally none of those are songs that will get the players pumped up.

I mean how hard would it be to play a Drake or Travis Scott song at some point? How hard would it be to play a rock song somewhat edgier than the corniest butt rock that’s ever been created?

I wasn't at CU last yr but I know that in general you're not wrong.

I live in PNW and have been to many Oregon Duck home games. I can tell you unequivocally that Autzen Stadium's 60k stadium was louder than any Nebraska home game I experienced (I went to NU games from 1980 to 2001 or so).

The reason? Autzen has zero old people. Oregon football sucked balls in the 60s-70s-80s so there's no legacy blue hairs there taking up 40% of the seats. Everyone there is age probably kid age to age 55. I guarantee you Autzen's 60k was louder than all of the legacy programs' stadiums: NU, ND, Michigan, USC, Oklahoma, etc. We just have way too many old people (because our programs were good in the 60s-70s-80s).

To have a freakishly loud stadium, you literally need 95% of the crowd to able to scream their lungs out. The old blue bloods just have way too many old people for this. So I'm sure CU's stadium was epically loud last year, they had zero 70-80 yr olds there.

Theme customization system

You can customize some areas of the forum theme from this menu.

• Wide/Narrow view

You can control a structure that you can use to use your theme wide or narrow.

Grid view forum list

You can control the layout of the forum list in a grid or ordinary listing style structure.

Close sidebar

You can get rid of the crowded view in the forum by closing the sidebar.

Fixed sidebar

You can make it more useful and easier to access by pinning the sidebar.

• Color combinations cannot be used

Color combinations are not available to you, this area may be restricted by administrators. Please contact the administrator for more information.

Color gradient backgrounds
Back