Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Is Tom Osborne the biggest potato in Nebraska? (1 Viewer)

Is Tom Osborne the biggest potato in Nebraska?

• Total voters

huskerj12

Wide Receiver
tPB OG
Possibly, but I think it's more likely that people like to make TO the boogeyman here.

This story and the @MtnHusker story of the power players wanting Frost here so that they could keep lining their pockets and enjoying the prestige of being in with the head coach just don't line up. If they are all in on Frost then they wouldn't need any prodding from TO to rally together and stop it, they'd be doing it on their own.

I think TO is an old guy that everyone pays their respect to and then ignores and carries on doing whatever they want, just like most other really old people. He just gets the blame because he's the public figurehead of the TC and will always support his people.
The way I've always viewed it is that there are these rich fucking dorks who have bought power and influence, they're living this fantasy life where they get to talk to Tom Osborne sometimes, they know he's a mythical god in this state, so they use him as a shield to throw their power around.

So if a lot of these guys are pro-Frost, they ask Osborne "hey Dr. Tom, a lot of people are trying to screw up NU football by getting our beloved Frost out, what do you think?" And Osborne says something similar to what he always says, "well he's a good coach and a good person, he knows the state, we've had a lot of close games, I've known him a long time, I'd like to see him continue."

Then the rich dorks go around saying "MY GOOD FRIEND DR. TOM SAYS FROST SHOULD STAY, ANYONE WHO DISAGREES ISN'T A REAL FAN, I'M GOING TO HOLD BACK MY MONEY IF ANYTHING CHANGES!!"

Then rumors hit the message board saying that Osborne is an evil Machiavellian puppetmaster.

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds