Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Is this Steve Marik cat the best writer amongst the Husker boards? (1 Viewer)

BIGSTICK67

Board Chairman - TPB, LLC
Elite Member
tPB OG
I'd say he's pretty good. I called him Alex once, and he didn't respond whatsoever with a comment or like. :D

So we'll put him in the serious/good writer category. He provides substance, facts and previous quotes that leads you to believe he's done his homework, while also keeping things fresh. He gives you more to think about than any of the previous guys on the old HOL/RSS. Dean's boys basically.

MtnHusker

Heisman Winner
Insider
Elite Member
tPB OG
So far Maric gets my vote as Best Writer. He's written some great articles that I have enjoyed reading.

Robin does fine with Basketball but is such a Suck Up to the program toeing the line like Dean otherwise I would give him one of the higher ratings. Dean's other minions seem like they are from Misfit Island. 24/7 has some decent writers.

Last edited:

CornHub

Offensive Lineman
One has to wonder how long they'll be able to keep this up. I have a hard time believing every other Nebraska writer doesn't have a reason to be toeing the line as much as they do. Their sources might dry up pretty quickly.

tman87

Offensive Lineman
Elite Member
I said this in a different thread about Rivals new staff vs Tater Island (which is just the rehashed old RSS crew plus Sipple the Nipple) - Rivals/inside nebraska went and got some really good people. They write fair and balanced sutff, in a way that you can tell they actually know the game well. They give more pertinent info IMO, and in ways that are not a click-bait "I know (or knew) but couldn't tell you" way. I have been very impressed.

Not here to shit on anyone, but Tater Island has been subpar so far IMHO. Stale and just the same ole' ish that Rivals was before the big move on June 1st. I rarely visit Tater Island, no real reason to, but it was only a buck for the first year so I will give it that time frame. I don't see it really changing much though - it is what it is, and the new Rivals staff are heads and shoulders better writers than the crew that left and are now Tater Island.

Edit: I edited the first paragraph a little as after reading it again, it wasn't very clear - I was talking about Rivls vs Tater Island and how Rivals has a far better staff of writers now IMO.

Last edited:

Baron Winnebago

Scrote Statistician
Elite Member
tPB OG
One has to wonder how long they'll be able to keep this up. I have a hard time believing every other Nebraska writer doesn't have a reason to be toeing the line as much as they do. Their sources might dry up pretty quickly.
Sometimes you have to decide the kind of man you want to be and I guess the Rivals dudes ain't about tonguing some loser'e ballsack

CornHub

Offensive Lineman
Sometimes you have to decide the kind of man you want to be and I guess the Rivals dudes ain't about tonguing some loser'e ballsack
I doubt most of the writers worry about making Frost angry. They've all been toeing the line for years until it's obvious the coach is going to be fired. You scratch the universities back, they scratch yours.

Baron Winnebago

Scrote Statistician
Elite Member
tPB OG
I doubt most of the writers worry about making Frost angry. They've all been toeing the line for years until it's obvious the coach is going to be fired. You scratch the universities back, they scratch yours.
I think how much the university gives a shit about the coverage of the football team locally is greatly overestimated

CornHub

Offensive Lineman
I think how much the university gives a shit about the coverage of the football team locally is greatly overestimated
They absolutely care about the politics behind the football team. If someone is going out there and ripping the coach to shreds every week it makes them look bad.

MtnHusker

Heisman Winner
Insider
Elite Member
tPB OG
Steve Marik writing another great article on Myles Farmer. Man he's bringing the goods. Not afraid to point out the bad along with the good. Looks like we might finally have a writer who isn't all fluff and kool aid. He brings data, videos and break downs. Impressive piece. New Rivals writers making Dean's crew look like true amateurs. It will be interesting to see if Dean tries to improve the product he's putting out. And how would he do that? Hire a qualified writer? Make the existing ones up their game?

Dble E

Cornerback
Elite Member
Steve Marik writing another great article on Myles Farmer. Man he's bringing the goods. Not afraid to point out the bad along with the good. Looks like we might finally have a writer who isn't all fluff and kool aid. He brings data, videos and break downs. Impressive piece. New Rivals writers making Dean's crew look like true amateurs. It will be interesting to see if Dean tries to improve the product he's putting out. And how would he do that? Hire a qualified writer? Make the existing ones up their game?

I always assumed Dean and the boys pulled punches because of the blow back from the U...reality is, access is restricted either way.

I could be off but Dean and boys cared too much what Frost and the boys think...

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds