Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Is Alice In Chains the GOAT? (2 Viewers)

DrinkItIn

Running Back
Elite Member
tPB OG
Over the years I was involved with over 2,000 concerts/shows on some level. Never crossed paths with Radiohead. Always liked their music. Routing or timing just never worked when they were in our area or for festivals we were trying to put on. Colorado music scene can be fickle as back then the music fans were big into jam bands, reggae, funk, classic rock, hip hop & punk. I struggled to get good ticket sales for country, metal, Jazz, alternative and R&B. We brought in Sheryl Crow right when she was starting to take off and hardly got anyone. But I could throw any Jam Band across the state and pack the place.

Widespread Panic would sell out multiple shows in a row in Colorado but if they were booked across the border in Utah it was crickets. Literally had 2 shows with a WSP Side project and we sold out in under a day. Meanwhile in Utah they had sold less than 10% of the tickets as of 2 days before the show. We ended up switching the show over to us with less than 24 hours notice and almost sold it out. Every market is different.

I was at the last outside show ever at the Ranch Bowl and it was Widespread Panic. The neighbors complained about the noise and the show was shut down. That was the beginning of the end of the Ranch Bowl. Those fuckers that complained got what they deserved with a Walmart going in where the Ranch Bowl was.

Tall Boy is one of my favorite WSP songs. Makes me want to drink Busch Light tall boys.

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds