Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Is Alice In Chains the GOAT? (1 Viewer)

BIG TONE SOPRANO

Really Big Truck
Elite Member
STP was supposed to play Peony Park in July 1993 and inclement weather moved it into the basement of the civic auditorium. Scott Weiland blew the doors off that place-dude was a gawd damn front man like no other. Man he was so good.
He was incred

Husker Priapism

Linebacker
tPB OG
AIC, Tool, and Rage are all amazing in very different ways. Love them all, and listen to them all the time.

Layne was the best singer of that generation, followed closely by Cornell.

I saw AIC this summer. Tool this spring. But had Rage get canceled.

BBTown Bomber

In Memoriam 1952-2023
tPB OG
AIC, Tool, and Rage are all amazing in very different ways. Love them all, and listen to them all the time.

Layne was the best singer of that generation, followed closely by Cornell.

I saw AIC this summer. Tool this spring. But had Rage get canceled.
All three of our boys love Tool. Prayers sent…..

BorWhiskey

Ziggy Stardust
Insider
Elite Member
Fishbone is definitely a band that doesn't get the cred it deserves. They always put on a killer live show.
word. I saw them live once and became a fan. So much energy on stage. Can’t remember who they were opening up for, but it was one of my first concerts returning back to the DC area after graduating, and getting sticker shock at what drinks cost compared to Lincoln.

Never really went down the ska rabbit hole, but I enjoyed them quite a bit. They have a live album that I listened to.

I like all the bands mentioned But I’m a Radiohead guy. I’m sure people will hate on them but they are immensely talented. And while Pablo Honey (the album they released in early 90s) wasn’t renowned as pretty much any of their other albums were, they put on a killer show in that age.

“You” was meh on the album but listen to that opening song and tell me it doesn’t kick ass. Or listen to the song they closed with, Blow Out. They jam in it, and that’s something I feel like they never do. Gives me flashbacks to inhaling fog machine smoke, and listening to jam bands at whatever that venue was around 9-11th street and like K-M that you walked up crickety stairs to get up to.

Street Spirit, My Iron Lung, Just… all great live. Also all great performances.

MtnHusker

Heisman Winner
Insider
Elite Member
tPB OG
word. I saw them live once and became a fan. So much energy on stage. Can’t remember who they were opening up for, but it was one of my first concerts returning back to the DC area after graduating, and getting sticker shock at what drinks cost compared to Lincoln.

Never really went down the ska rabbit hole, but I enjoyed them quite a bit. They have a live album that I listened to.

I like all the bands mentioned But I’m a Radiohead guy. I’m sure people will hate on them but they are immensely talented. And while Pablo Honey (the album they released in early 90s) wasn’t renowned as pretty much any of their other albums were, they put on a killer show in that age.

“You” was meh on the album but listen to that opening song and tell me it doesn’t kick ass. Or listen to the song they closed with, Blow Out. They jam in it, and that’s something I feel like they never do. Gives me flashbacks to inhaling fog machine smoke, and listening to jam bands at whatever that venue was around 9-11th street and like K-M that you walked up crickety stairs to get up to.

Street Spirit, My Iron Lung, Just… all great live. Also all great performances.

Over the years I was involved with over 2,000 concerts/shows on some level. Never crossed paths with Radiohead. Always liked their music. Routing or timing just never worked when they were in our area or for festivals we were trying to put on. Colorado music scene can be fickle as back then the music fans were big into jam bands, reggae, funk, classic rock, hip hop & punk. I struggled to get good ticket sales for country, metal, Jazz, alternative and R&B. We brought in Sheryl Crow right when she was starting to take off and hardly got anyone. But I could throw any Jam Band across the state and pack the place.

Widespread Panic would sell out multiple shows in a row in Colorado but if they were booked across the border in Utah it was crickets. Literally had 2 shows with a WSP Side project and we sold out in under a day. Meanwhile in Utah they had sold less than 10% of the tickets as of 2 days before the show. We ended up switching the show over to us with less than 24 hours notice and almost sold it out. Every market is different.

Irv

Wide Receiver
Elite Member
AiC not the GOAT, but "Would?" is easily one of the best songs of the era.

HCFord1

Quarterback
Elite Member
tPB OG
Over the years I was involved with over 2,000 concerts/shows on some level. Never crossed paths with Radiohead. Always liked their music. Routing or timing just never worked when they were in our area or for festivals we were trying to put on. Colorado music scene can be fickle as back then the music fans were big into jam bands, reggae, funk, classic rock, hip hop & punk. I struggled to get good ticket sales for country, metal, Jazz, alternative and R&B. We brought in Sheryl Crow right when she was starting to take off and hardly got anyone. But I could throw any Jam Band across the state and pack the place.

Widespread Panic would sell out multiple shows in a row in Colorado but if they were booked across the border in Utah it was crickets. Literally had 2 shows with a WSP Side project and we sold out in under a day. Meanwhile in Utah they had sold less than 10% of the tickets as of 2 days before the show. We ended up switching the show over to us with less than 24 hours notice and almost sold it out. Every market is different.
Attending jam band concerts in perpetuity sounds like my version of hell.

Huskers633

Cornerback
Elite Member
AIC is one of my favorites. Layne OD'd when I was a junior or senior in high school. For my senior thesis in high school I wrote a paper arguing that AIC was a better band than Pearl Jam.

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds