Welcome to The Platinum Board

We are a Nebraska Husker fan community. Please either login or register for an account

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Husker Online Podcast

Sipple is funny af on the pods not even going to lie

So I know I'm probably going to hell for this, but I listen to Early Break with Sip and Jake as a Podcast when I'm driving around in my car. With Apple Podcasts, you can set the speed to be 1/2. Doing so, Sip sounds either retarded or drunk and I about piss myself laughing listening to him every time...

No. Just asking a question. I actually agree with him with regards to not spilling things too early. Im sure there were plenty of insiders who had some inkling of who Turd was going to hire. I think the fact that it was kept quiet made a difference with regards to Rhule's final decision. That's all.
How does knowing he was in town adversely affect the outcome?

I posted this last night, but deleted it thinking it was a bit harsh but here we go:

I resent $Dean. He gets his readers to believe things are so much better than what they are in reality. The level of mental gymnastics that this dude does to justify his reporting (or lack thereof) leads me to believe he's an anthropomorphic pretzel that is infinitely twisting into itself. He always knows everything yet reports nothing. He covered Frost's ass, which he absolutely shouldn't have. Much of the public backlash he faces could be mitigated if he just told the truth. And guess what? tPB knew. He denied it and shaded the board. And guess what? tPB was right. But somehow he’s also right, too, without saying anything.

These are public employees and some of the highest-paid public jobs in the state. Why should any of them be beyond reproach?

Yeah, that shit always rubbed me the wrong way for whatever reason. I drove 4 hours to speak here, and then I had to stop here to use the wifi to write up a report. And I didn't get home until 10.....for fuck's sake.
That's being generous. He'll say all that and then say he didn't get home until 6:30.

Why not say "I can't verify this information but I've heard/been told..."
Yeah, there are clearly a multitude of ways to suggest something as a possibility. Nobody was asking Dean to predict who the coach would be with absolute certainty

What if the information is not based on fact but a rumor? Even a strong rumor which has the potential of coming to fruition?

Im just playing devils advocate here.
If you have legit knowledge, you fucking report it. You're debating semantics here. If he has a fact, he has the obligation to report it. If he doesn't, he can do what he wants with it. His funeral if he is wrong, but he clearly doesn't care as evidenced by Sip's "The coach will come from Kansas" horseshit.

Not more than any other potential coach. Existing coaches want it to get out enough to get them a raise but not enough to affect recruiting/current players.

It certainly wasn't going to be the difference between Rhule taking the job or not. Turd may care some because of the Carolina negotiation piece and maybe wouldn't want the #2 on down coach to know there is a coach ahead of them. That goes both ways too.

Why would Rhule care if it's out?
I don't know? Why did he and his wife sneak into town during the Illinois game to scout out the place? Sounded to me like his interest was spurred on by calls from Turd, Carter and possibly even Pillan. Reading between the lines Rhule wanted this to be kept very hush hush.

Maybe it was Carolina, maybe it was another coaching gig, who knows?

I am here to tell you, Dean doesn't know any more than any average scrub at the press conferences.
You don't think he knew stuff about Frost's behavior, recruiting fuck ups and indiscretions?

I think he knew a lot of that stuff but he continued to lie for his buddy Frost and say "a lot of crazy rumors out there - they're all false." That was a lie. There was tons of newsworthy things Dean knew about Frost but he didn't report them.

So I wouldn't say Dean doesn't know ANYTHING. He knows stuff and hides it for NS.

I like how Dean picks and chooses his "journalistic integrity." Like, not reporting stuff because it couldn't be triple confirmed. But completely disregarding putting out a product that isn't cluttered with laughable errors.
The king of tater island $Dean is a total worthless tool. He is the cesspool of tools. The thing that did it for me was his douche attitude about TPB and Garrett.

First he spews lies from his fat piehole that he can’t confirm Rhule was in town. Then when he’s proven the liar in the Rhule press conference, he resorts to childish name calling and banning people for even mentioning TPB. He is a joke

I don't know? Why did he and his wife sneak into town during the Illinois game to scout out the place? Sounded to me like his interest was spurred on by calls from Turd, Carter and possibly even Pillan. Reading between the lines Rhule wanted this to be kept very hush hush.

Both of those things Rhule would want them to know he's considering Nebraska.

I gave you reasons why Turd would want to keep it quiet. In no way shape or form is it a benefit to Rhule.

You don't think he knew stuff about Frost's behavior, recruiting fuck ups and indiscretions?

I think he knew a lot of that stuff but he continued to lie for his buddy Frost and say "a lot of crazy rumors out there - they're all false." That was a lie. There was tons of newsworthy things Dean knew about Frost but he didn't report them.

So I wouldn't say Dean doesn't know ANYTHING. He knows stuff and hides it for NS.
I'm telling you he knows no more than any random scrub at the press conferences. He does not have any further insight than anyone else that shows up to those things and only shows up to those things. He may hear things like we do, but he sure as hell doesn't investigate them as hard as people who aren't credentialed journalists will. On some level, smart, because this fanbase makes up a ton of stupid shit. On the other hand, knowing what the others don't is what his whole reputation was built on, and it is wholly unearned.
Anything extra he knew beyond what was told to him at a presser, is wholly accidental. He doesn't work hard enough for it.

I believe your info 100 percent. Do you have any other coache’s names who reached out?
I wasn't told any other names besides Rhules. But once word got around to agents that Turd was testing the water to see what level of coach might be interested in Nebraska he heard from a bunch. And was shocked by the quality. Keep in mind some of those agents might have been more interested in getting their clients a raise at their current school than actually getting them a job at NU.

I've heard rumors that Dean may have done something dumb and a total Dean move awhile back. And as a result, sources have dried up.
I've heard that from others. Sure seemed like he was scared shitless of Pelini, and later Frost.

I'm 1000%not buying this Pillen crap they are now shoveling. I know better. He was not on the side of wanting to spend more to hire Rhule. He and the rest of the Nebraska Way booster crowd didn't necessarily support the Omaha Boosters wanting to throw in more money but at least they didn't say NO.

He's riding on the coat tails of the Rhule hire now.

Theme customization system

You can customize some areas of the forum theme from this menu.

• Wide/Narrow view

You can control a structure that you can use to use your theme wide or narrow.

Grid view forum list

You can control the layout of the forum list in a grid or ordinary listing style structure.

Close sidebar

You can get rid of the crowded view in the forum by closing the sidebar.

Fixed sidebar

You can make it more useful and easier to access by pinning the sidebar.

• Color combinations cannot be used

Color combinations are not available to you, this area may be restricted by administrators. Please contact the administrator for more information.

Color gradient backgrounds
Back