Welcome to The Platinum Board

We are a Nebraska Husker fan community. Please either login or register for an account

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Husker Online Podcast

Also doesn't matter how much you buy into the TC stuff there were definitely boosters and AD people that were on Frosts side. Some of those same people are Callahan's main sources. If you don't think Callahan censored negative stuff for Frost you're crazy.

I'm sure that's not uncommon but don't pretend he wasn't lying, covering, and deleting threads for Frost. Not because they weren't true but because it benefited him. There's a fine line between protecting your sources and being in media.
Yeah, the line of thinking that Dean is just a "harmless idiot" is just not fuckin true. And if you believe that, you're a moron.

We know he does a TON of lying for the NS. And if it's not lying, it's 'omitting' at the very least. Omitting is just as bad as we found out during the Frost tenure (when Dean did his best Baghdad Bob impersonation every day).

Dean doesn't want to lose his media credentials in North Stadium, so he won't jeopardize leaking info ( like Rhule ) if he thinks North Stadium will strip him of his access. He's always cared more about that than having any journalistic integrity with his subscribers, who Dean thinks are sheep.

Dean has the unique combination of trying to get over on people and make money, when he's really just a big oaf. He fools nobody who has a smidgen of intelligence

Last edited:
If Dean is just an idiot then I'll trust you guys and believe it. You guys are all smarter than me. If he's just an idiot than he's pretty harmless.

I just have a hard time believing he's developed ZERO sources during the 20 yrs he's done this. I think he hears a lot of stuff but chooses not to print it bc he has no balls. Garrett has brass balls as we know.

But you guys have convinced me that after working the NU beat for 20 years Dean has zero sources left. If that's true, that's hilarious.
I agree with some of this. Dean’s biggest problem is that he reeks of dorkiness. The alpha people in the AD don’t want to be around him. They definitely don’t want to be pals and be associated with him personally. Add the fact that there is a ton of turnover, he has limited opportunities to even weasel in with his unique brand of ‘charm’ and ‘lil-slow kid’ appeal. But, they will totally use him, and he will think they are friends.

He would be better off paying kids in the University Suites a case of beer for every piece of gossip they send his way.

I remember when the Knolls CC was still open. The Pelini Bros were sitting in an area that people with older kids usually sat, (deep end of the pool). Dean waddled in and tried to sit next to them. Set his stuff down, laid out his towel, and proceeded to sit down. Next thing I see is Bo stand up, walk over to him, says something, and turns away. As Bo is walking away, Dean starts collecting his stuff and then sits on the other side of the pool.

Needless to say, Dean wasn’t allowed in the deep end. The shallow end is Dean’s home.
Deans response to this would be something like: “Oh, Bo loved me. In fact, he was just telling me that the sun was better on the other side of the pool, so I moved over there. Bo was always looking out for me.”

Yeah either way it's pretty ridiculous. I'm not as much of a Dean hater as many on this board but if you didn't know he was full of shit this coaching search made it obvious. As you said either he had the info and intentionally lied or didn't have the info and is lying now.

Dean saying Rhule wanted to keep it quiet is the only bullshit excuse he could have come up with to justify it and only the very gullible are buying that. It makes zero sense.
You don't believe that Turd and Matt wanted this to be kept under wraps?

I like how Dean hides behind journalistic ethics in the sense of "Well I couldn't confirm from at least two sources", but then completely abandons them to be a mouthpiece to keep his access and keep him on the Tater stations like KFAB and KETV.

I am here to tell you, Dean doesn't know any more than any average scrub at the press conferences. He never has, and he never will. He just fooled a lot of people into thinking he did

At the end of last season quite a few quality coaches, including Rhule, had their agents reach about coaching the Huskers. Turd put out feelers to agents and was shocked at the number of quality coaches interested in the Huskers. I believe Turd said he interviewed 13 coaches this time.
I believe your info 100 percent. Do you have any other coache’s names who reached out?

It doesn't matter if they did or not. If your job and your brand is that you have inside information that no one else knows, you fucking talk about it. You don't sit there as a mouthpiece for whoever you're covering, sit on it, and then say you knew all along. You look like a dickbag when you do that, and look like a goddamned liar if you're pretending to do that.

In today’s Husker Online podcast episode, Dean said it was a good thing he didn’t report Rhule earlier because it could have derailed the hire. Lol.

benedict cumberbatch wtf GIF
WOW…he really does have an ego. I mean, wow.

WOW…he really does have an ego. I mean, wow.
I don't think. I think Sean is the biggest reporter Nebraska has had since of all time, and anything he says can change an entire football season. There is a reason why he has his own website because of how famous......

Yeah, I can't do it. Dolla Dean is bad with his ego and thinks he's too legit to fail.

I don't think. I think Sean is the biggest reporter Nebraska has had since of all time, and anything he says can change an entire football season. There is a reason why he has his own website because of how famous......

Yeah, I can't do it. Dolla Dean is bad with his ego and thinks he's too legit to fail.
I’m not gonna lie here…this response made me actually laugh out loud! Thanks Brother! It truly boggles the mind.

I just have a hard time believing he's developed ZERO sources during the 20 yrs he's done this. I think he hears a lot of stuff but chooses not to print it bc he has no balls. Garrett has brass balls as we know.

But you guys have convinced me that after working the NU beat for 20 years Dean has zero sources left. If that's true, that's hilarious.
I've heard rumors that Dean may have done something dumb and a total Dean move awhile back. And as a result, sources have dried up.

I like how Dean hides behind journalistic ethics in the sense of "Well I couldn't confirm from at least two sources", but then completely abandons them to be a mouthpiece to keep his access and keep him on the Tater stations like KFAB and KETV.

I am here to tell you, Dean doesn't know any more than any average scrub at the press conferences. He never has, and he never will. He just fooled a lot of people into thinking he did
I like how Dean picks and chooses his "journalistic integrity." Like, not reporting stuff because it couldn't be triple confirmed. But completely disregarding putting out a product that isn't cluttered with laughable errors.

I like how Dean picks and chooses his "journalistic integrity." Like, not reporting stuff because it couldn't be triple confirmed. But completely disregarding putting out a product that isn't cluttered with laughable errors.
Or being the North Stadium Baghdad Bob without questioning any of the information he was provided…

It doesn't matter if they did or not. If your job and your brand is that you have inside information that no one else knows, you fucking talk about it. You don't sit there as a mouthpiece for whoever you're covering, sit on it, and then say you knew all along. You look like a dickbag when you do that, and look like a goddamned liar if you're pretending to do that.
What if the information is not based on fact but a rumor? Even a strong rumor which has the potential of coming to fruition?

Im just playing devils advocate here.

Not more than any other potential coach. Existing coaches want it to get out enough to get them a raise but not enough to affect recruiting/current players.

It certainly wasn't going to be the difference between Rhule taking the job or not. Turd may care some because of the Carolina negotiation piece and maybe wouldn't want the #2 on down coach to know there is a coach ahead of them. That goes both ways too.

Why would Rhule care if it's out?

holy shit. these mother fuckers on the podcast are bitching about how hard they had to work the last week 😂😂😂😂
Yeah, that shit always rubbed me the wrong way for whatever reason. I drove 4 hours to speak here, and then I had to stop here to use the wifi to write up a report. And I didn't get home until 10.....for fuck's sake.

Yeah, that shit always rubbed me the wrong way for whatever reason. I drove 4 hours to speak here, and then I had to stop here to use the wifi to write up a report. And I didn't get home until 10.....for fuck's sake.
i only listened to this weeks because it was on the radio and i had my window rolled down fencing a cornfield, these guys have never had a real job

Theme customization system

You can customize some areas of the forum theme from this menu.

• Wide/Narrow view

You can control a structure that you can use to use your theme wide or narrow.

Grid view forum list

You can control the layout of the forum list in a grid or ordinary listing style structure.

Close sidebar

You can get rid of the crowded view in the forum by closing the sidebar.

Fixed sidebar

You can make it more useful and easier to access by pinning the sidebar.

• Color combinations cannot be used

Color combinations are not available to you, this area may be restricted by administrators. Please contact the administrator for more information.

Color gradient backgrounds
Back