Welcome to The Platinum Board

We are a Nebraska Husker fan community. Please either login or register for an account

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Husker Online Podcast

You are giving him too much credit
I think Dean knew that Rhule was in town, knew that Garrett was right... AND lied about it to his readers (to 'keep the deal alive'). That's not real journalism. That's PR.

If that's what Dean is doing, it's super offensive that he is charging money for it. People are basically paying him money to get lied to, or at least get NS PR messaging. It's super offensive IMHO.

If Dean didn't actually know any of this stuff then I have a much better opinion of him. In that scenario, he's only dumb and incompetent. Dumb and incompetent is way better than duplicitous. So if what you're saying is true, I like Dean more than if my scenario is true.

I think Dean knew that Rhule was in town, knew that Garrett was right... AND lied about it to his readers (to 'keep the deal alive'). That's not real journalism. That's PR.

If that's what Dean is doing, it's super offensive that he is charging money for it. People are basically paying him money to get lied to, or at least get NS PR messaging. It's super offensive IMHO.

If Dean didn't actually know any of this stuff then I have a much better opinion of him. In that scenario, he's only dumb and incompetent. Dumb and incompetent is way better than duplicitous. So if what you're saying is true, I like Dean more than if my scenario is true.
dean doesnt know jack shit

Yeah either way it's pretty ridiculous. I'm not as much of a Dean hater as many on this board but if you didn't know he was full of shit this coaching search made it obvious. As you said either he had the info and intentionally lied or didn't have the info and is lying now.

Dean saying Rhule wanted to keep it quiet is the only bullshit excuse he could have come up with to justify it and only the very gullible are buying that. It makes zero sense.

Yeah either way it's pretty ridiculous. I'm not as much of a Dean hater as many on this board but if you didn't know he was full of shit this coaching search made it obvious. As you said either he had the info and intentionally lied or didn't have the info and is lying now.

Dean saying Rhule wanted to keep it quiet is the only bullshit excuse he could have come up with to justify it and only the very gullible are buying that. It makes zero sense.
If Dean is just an idiot then I'll trust you guys and believe it. You guys are all smarter than me. If he's just an idiot than he's pretty harmless.

I just have a hard time believing he's developed ZERO sources during the 20 yrs he's done this. I think he hears a lot of stuff but chooses not to print it bc he has no balls. Garrett has brass balls as we know.

But you guys have convinced me that after working the NU beat for 20 years Dean has zero sources left. If that's true, that's hilarious.

One thing we now is that Dean has zero respect for his readers. He doesn't feel pressure to break any news anymore (that would require work).

The HS recruiting stuff isn't the same anymore now with the portal changing the game. So he provides very little value there.

He really feels no pressure to put out an insider product. That's why he hired a newspaper columnist with no insider credentials. Dean doesn't believe he has to deliver that to his audience anymore. It's disappointing.

Also doesn't matter how much you buy into the TC stuff there were definitely boosters and AD people that were on Frosts side. Some of those same people are Callahan's main sources. If you don't think Callahan censored negative stuff for Frost you're crazy.

I'm sure that's not uncommon but don't pretend he wasn't lying, covering, and deleting threads for Frost. Not because they weren't true but because it benefited him. There's a fine line between protecting your sources and being in media.

I remember when the Knolls CC was still open. The Pelini Bros were sitting in an area that people with older kids usually sat, (deep end of the pool). Dean waddled in and tried to sit next to them. Set his stuff down, laid out his towel, and proceeded to sit down. Next thing I see is Bo stand up, walk over to him, says something, and turns away. As Bo is walking away, Dean starts collecting his stuff and then sits on the other side of the pool.

Needless to say, Dean wasn’t allowed in the deep end. The shallow end is Dean’s home.

If Dean is just an idiot then I'll trust you guys and believe it. You guys are all smarter than me. If he's just an idiot than he's pretty harmless.

I just have a hard time believing he's developed ZERO sources during the 20 yrs he's done this. I think he hears a lot of stuff but chooses not to print it bc he has no balls. Garrett has brass balls as we know.

But you guys have convinced me that after working the NU beat for 20 years Dean has zero sources left. If that's true, that's hilarious.
I think it's somewhere in between. He lies about shit and his sources are better during some coaching staffs than others.

Theme customization system

You can customize some areas of the forum theme from this menu.

• Wide/Narrow view

You can control a structure that you can use to use your theme wide or narrow.

Grid view forum list

You can control the layout of the forum list in a grid or ordinary listing style structure.

Close sidebar

You can get rid of the crowded view in the forum by closing the sidebar.

Fixed sidebar

You can make it more useful and easier to access by pinning the sidebar.

• Color combinations cannot be used

Color combinations are not available to you, this area may be restricted by administrators. Please contact the administrator for more information.

Color gradient backgrounds
Back