Welcome to The Platinum Board

We are a Nebraska Husker fan community. Please either login or register for an account

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Husker Online Podcast

In today’s Husker Online podcast episode, Dean said it was a good thing he didn’t report Rhule earlier because it could have derailed the hire. Lol.

benedict cumberbatch wtf GIF

He’s a fucking idiot

Dean? Is that you?
No. Just asking a question. I actually agree with him with regards to not spilling things too early. Im sure there were plenty of insiders who had some inkling of who Turd was going to hire. I think the fact that it was kept quiet made a difference with regards to Rhule's final decision. That's all.

Exactly so how do we know who reached out or was reached out too?
Read my post "players in the portal" but this is an extract from TT by Sip on this matter:

***So, Alberts noted during Monday’s news conference that he “interacted” with 13 coaches during his search process to land Rhule. I took that to mean that these were 13 men whom Alberts considered for the job. That’s certainly the way one source characterized it to me.

***Based on what I’ve heard from sources and what I’ve read in other news accounts, I feel very comfortable in speculating nine names as being part of the 13. In addition to Rhule, I would go with Lance Leipold, Dave Doeren, Luke #2ndChoice, Chris Klieman, Bronco Mendenhall, Mark Stoops, Mickey Joseph, and Matt Campbell.

***Who would you say are the other four? I have my thoughts, but let’s make this interactive. Take your shot.

***I was told last Wednesday that Alberts had a final three: Rhule obviously was one, and Leipold was one of the three, according to my sources.

***I’m almost convinced the other was Doeren.

***#2ndChoice? Perhaps. But I would need evidence that he was ahead of Doeren.

-Steven Sipple

In today’s Husker Online podcast episode, Dean said it was a good thing he didn’t report Rhule earlier because it could have derailed the hire. Lol.

Of course he would say that. "I knew the whole time but didn't say anything" is his go to line. Sip even tried to say something similar when it was pretty much confirmed. He said something like "I told you that Rhule was one to keep an eye on" after he pretty much poo pooed on everyone that said that Rhule was the guy. He even pushed the LL narrative. Guys should be politicians. They piss on your leg and then tell you it is raining.

Edit to add: I remember people making fun of Sipple when he said that Rhule to NU wasn't happening. When he posted that, people were saying "well, it looks like Rhule to NU is a done deal."

***Based on what I’ve heard from sources and what I’ve read in other news accounts, I feel very comfortable in speculating nine names as being part of the 13. In addition to Rhule, I would go with Lance Leipold, Dave Doeren, Luke #2ndChoice, Chris Klieman, Bronco Mendenhall, Mark Stoops, Mickey Joseph, and Matt Campbell.
Jeff Monken
Jeff Traylor
Kyle Whittingham
Kalen Deboer

Read my post "players in the portal" but this is an extract from TT by Sip on this matter:

***So, Alberts noted during Monday’s news conference that he “interacted” with 13 coaches during his search process to land Rhule. I took that to mean that these were 13 men whom Alberts considered for the job. That’s certainly the way one source characterized it to me.

***Who would you say are the other four? I have my thoughts, but let’s make this interactive. Take your shot.

***I was told last Wednesday that Alberts had a final three: Rhule obviously was one, and Leipold was one of the three, according to my sources.

***I’m almost convinced the other was Doeren.

***#2ndChoice? Perhaps. But I would need evidence that he was ahead of Doeren.

-Steven Sipple
I did. but it doesn't clarify whether they reached out to us or we courted them. I would assume the truth lies somewhere in between. My OP was that Rhule was on the fence and wanted to keep things very quiet.

This was my criticism of Dean. It's funny that he thinks it's a selling point.

I firmly believe that Dean already knows much of what Garrett posts. I'm sure Dean knew Rhule was in Lincoln. PROBLEM is Dean purposefully lied about what he knew to "keep the deal alive". But that's not Dean's role. Dean is supposed to be a journalist and provide info to his paying subscribers.

Dean just admitted to lying to his audience - WHILE he takes their money. Fuck that! I can't believe he's bragging about it.

I firmly believe that Dean already knows much of what Garrett posts. I'm sure Dean knew Rhule was in Lincoln. PROBLEM is Dean purposefully lied about what he knew to "keep the deal alive". But that's not Dean's role. Dean is supposed to be a journalist and provide info to his paying subscribers.

Dean just admitted to lying to his audience - WHILE he takes their money. Fuck that! I can't believe he's bragging about it.
You are giving him too much credit

Callahan's best sources were tight with Frost.

No. Just asking a question. I actually agree with him with regards to not spilling things too early. Im sure there were plenty of insiders who had some inkling of who Turd was going to hire. I think the fact that it was kept quiet made a difference with regards to Rhule's final decision. That's all.

lol. Man potatoes are out in full force. Since inception I’ve been in favor of the board governing itself but lord the last few days have me debating…

I did. but it doesn't clarify whether they reached out to us or we courted them. I would assume the truth lies somewhere in between. My OP was that Rhule was on the fence and wanted to keep things very quiet.
Even Dean said that last year Rhule or his agent reached out to us.

Theme customization system

You can customize some areas of the forum theme from this menu.

• Wide/Narrow view

You can control a structure that you can use to use your theme wide or narrow.

Grid view forum list

You can control the layout of the forum list in a grid or ordinary listing style structure.

Close sidebar

You can get rid of the crowded view in the forum by closing the sidebar.

Fixed sidebar

You can make it more useful and easier to access by pinning the sidebar.

• Color combinations cannot be used

Color combinations are not available to you, this area may be restricted by administrators. Please contact the administrator for more information.

Color gradient backgrounds
Back