Welcome to The Platinum Board

We are a Nebraska Husker fan community. Please either login or register for an account

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

How worried should we be about the OL?

Johannes de Silentio

Offensive Lineman
Insider
Elite Member
tPB OG
Austin reporting that Corcoran isn't even a sure-thing for Illinois. And he confirmed what we already knew, namely, that he's missed or been limited for a bunch of camp. So we're potentially rolling with:

Banks-Piper-Jurgens-Sichterman-Benhart

We've been told repeatedly that Piper hasn't been terribly impressive. Even if we have Corcoran, he has one start that likely over-represented just how good he is at this moment, and he's still injured.

I really, really want this unit to take the next step this season. What do you guys think?

I think it's an average at best OL with or without Corcoran. FWIW, average at best is an improvement over the last 2-3 years.
I concur. If we struggle this season the OL will be the primary reason why. Way too inexperienced. I wish we had gotten someone from the portal, specifically a guard

I concur. If we struggle this season the OL will be the primary reason why. Way too inexperienced. I wish we had gotten someone from the portal, specifically a guard
I've been a little disappointed that the german boy from csu and the Cockeye transfer haven't stepped up and grabbed a starting spot. on the other hand, maybe it is a good indicator on piper and sichterman's progress 🤷‍♂️

I've been a little disappointed that the german boy from csu and the Cockeyes transfer haven't stepped up and grabbed a starting spot. on the other hand, maybe it is a good indicator on piper and sichterman's progress 🤷‍♂️

For what it’s worth, all last spring, summer, and into what we had as a fall I heard how Stille wasn’t progressing then he went out and put together a pretty good year. The things I’ve heard and we know on Piper sound eerily similar to what I was told about Stille last year.

I am worried about it with or without Corcoran. The OL play outside of tOSU last year has been poor to start the season. It typically has gotten better as the year progresses, but it seems worthy of concern. Literally every player needs to have made significant jumps for there to not be at least a little concern.

Am I the only one here who is actually excited about our OL? We have a lot of young but promising pieces.
An inexperienced OL in the Big 10 is generally a negative.

It sucks that Corcoran might be out because he could use a few games to get his feet wet prior to Oklahoma. If he is out, hopefully it's just a one game thing.

IDK man. You really hope Corcoran is ready...but even if he is...are we still committing the same stupid penalties we have for the last 3 years? I guess I would say I am pretty nervous about this group.

I think it's an average at best OL with or without Corcoran. FWIW, average at best is an improvement over the last 2-3 years.

'Average' is pretty much my overall expectation as well. It definitely sucks, it's definitely a setback, but I don't think Cocoran alone is going to make or break our season. Now if another guy goes down too (especially Jurgens), I'll start to get a lot more worried...

Am I the only one here who is actually excited about our OL? We have a lot of young but promising pieces.
You're not the only one. I think there's just question marks about depth and I think they're a year away from being good. The line as a whole is light years from when Frost took over imo.

Theme customization system

You can customize some areas of the forum theme from this menu.

• Wide/Narrow view

You can control a structure that you can use to use your theme wide or narrow.

Grid view forum list

You can control the layout of the forum list in a grid or ordinary listing style structure.

Close sidebar

You can get rid of the crowded view in the forum by closing the sidebar.

Fixed sidebar

You can make it more useful and easier to access by pinning the sidebar.

• Color combinations cannot be used

Color combinations are not available to you, this area may be restricted by administrators. Please contact the administrator for more information.

Color gradient backgrounds
Back