Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Why is everyone so worried about the 20 mil? (1 Viewer)

Blackshirts44

Linebacker
Elite Member
I’m a simpleton so maybe this is a retarded take..I’m sure we have 10 major boosters for the University that are in favor of firing Frost. Each one of them could shell out 2 million to cover the buyout. Yes, 2 mil a person is still a lot of money, but to a multi millionaire boaster it could very well be doable.

Juro

Sarcastic Ass
Elite Member
Bounty Hunter
Definitely not that simple.

Yeah, if it was only his buyout, sure. But don’t forget his assistant coaches buyouts. And whatever else staff was brought in by him.

Then you have to buy out a coach from another school. And pay the actual coach and their staff.

And that’s on top of the already asked for money for the new facilities. And whatever else the school itself else is asking for in donations.

One buyout is easy. Multiple buyouts on all fronts plus already existing project financing, difficult.

Blackshirts44

Linebacker
Elite Member

Yeah, if it was only his buyout, sure. But don’t forget his assistant coaches buyouts. And whatever else staff was brought in by him.

Then you have to buy out a coach from another school. And pay the actual coach and their staff.

And that’s on top of the already asked for money for the new facilities. And whatever else the school itself else is asking for in donations.

One buyout is easy. Multiple buyouts on all fronts plus already existing project financing, difficult.
Where are the assistants/staff at in their contracts? They have 2 year deals correct?

Ripping Lips

And I ain’t talking about fish
Elite Member
I'm sure someone can set up a Go Fund Me account to pay for the buyouts of everyone.

BIGSTICK67

Board Chairman - TPB, LLC
Elite Member
tPB OG

This. Which is why this is a decision that starts with Turd with many others involved. Green, Carter, the regents, boosters. It's complicated and there needs to be a financial strategy. Especially with the revenue cut last year with Covid.

Tough deal, but there will be changes. Not sure if it'll be top down (including Frost), but IMO it should.

CornFed Gregger

Offensive Lineman
Elite Member
Honestly another year of Frost could cost the program more. Fan apathy will be at an all-time high & not to mention the next year is an easier schedule, Frost getting 6 wins & continuing to showcase he’s the worst coach in the Big Ten, may make it even more difficult to get rid of him & find a suitable replacement. The situation might be where u cut ur losses & make it up over time.

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds