Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Anyone else worried we are gonna end up with Matt Davison as our AD? (2 Viewers)

Ext. 55

Big Poppa
Elite Member
tPB OG
Hope I am wrong but that would be one of the most Nebraska things Nebraska has ever done. At least the Athletic Departments Christmas Parties would be Lit at Gate25. Just have a gut feeling, and it don't make me the least bit happy. Please let them pick someone who is qualified and can improve our athletic department. The B1G has been shitting on us for years and would continue to do so with Matt.
No. Take a lap. If only that for a brief moment I visualized that train wreck.

second thought, take two laps and oust some serious thought on why you posted such sick, ridiculous, crap here.

MtnHusker

Heisman Winner
Insider
Elite Member
tPB OG
Genuine question for a guy who really doesn’t know what he’s like as a human being, why would it be so bad?
Is it good for your AD to be an investor in a bar (Gate25) that the coaches seem to be partying at quite regularly, including after the home games. And the other concern is Matt lobbied so hard for his good friend Frost to be the Head Coaching at Nebraska so how could we as fans ever feel he is being truly objective towards Frost. Plus we just lost our AD because of boozing issues so why would we want one that parties with the football coaches?

TraditionCoalition

Offensive Lineman
Elite Member
tPB OG
Davison won’t get the job. Lil Red has better qualifications and resume than Matty D for the job.

Reactions: Toe

dsbigred1

Wide Receiver
tPB OG
I view it the same as I view worrying about losing to beefy Bart week 1, if it happens, we've got way bigger problems and I probably won't need to give Nebraska football much thought afterwards.
I said the same thing about losing to Papa Lovie last year. Admittedly, once deer season opens, I will likely only be watching a replay if i even watch it at all

Last edited:

MtnHusker

Heisman Winner
Insider
Elite Member
tPB OG
No. Take a lap. If only that for a brief moment I visualized that train wreck.

second thought, take two laps and oust some serious thought on why you posted such sick, ridiculous, crap here.
Posted it because of our history and some of the fans wanting him. Think about this, we were on top of the College Football World in the 90's. Best of the Best. We were the Alabama of the 90's and with our coach retiring we could basically have hired just about any collegiate coach we wanted. Every coach would have wanted to take over the reigns of the Husker Football Program, it was a well oiled machine. And what did Nebraska do? We hired a long time Running Backs Coach who was very tight with the retiring Head Coach. A Running Backs Coach to lead the best collegiate football program at the time even though he had Zero Experience as even a Coordinator at the collegiate level let alone collegiate head coaching experience.

I just don't want us to fuck this up. Volleyball is a force, baseball looks like it has a bright future and with the way basketball is recruiting plus the proven experienced coaches we have it just seems like a matter of time before we are winning more than we are losing and going to the Big Dance. But for me Husker Football is what I grew up passionately following. My family based our lives and schedules around Husker Football in the fall. I want an AD who can get that ship straightened out plus get us respect in the B1G. Seems like we are still the outcasts of the B1G and looked down on by many including our commissioner.

hothouse_corn

Wide Receiver
Same chance as John Cook which is less than 0

Are you not aware of how percentages work, or is Tony just Tony-ing?

That said, I hope the chance of Matt D being hired as AD are as close to zero as mathematically possible. I'll only really start to worry if there is a press conference announcing it.

Ext. 55

Big Poppa
Elite Member
tPB OG
Posted it because of our history and some of the fans wanting him. Think about this, we were on top of the College Football World in the 90's. Best of the Best. We were the Alabama of the 90's and with our coach retiring we could basically have hired just about any collegiate coach we wanted. Every coach would have wanted to take over the reigns of the Husker Football Program, it was a well oiled machine. And what did Nebraska do? We hired a long time Running Backs Coach who was very tight with the retiring Head Coach. A Running Backs Coach to lead the best collegiate football program at the time even though he had Zero Experience as even a Coordinator at the collegiate level let alone collegiate head coaching experience.

I just don't want us to fuck this up. Volleyball is a force, baseball looks like it has a bright future and with the way basketball is recruiting plus the proven experienced coaches we have it just seems like a matter of time before we are winning more than we are losing and going to the Big Dance. But for me Husker Football is what I grew up passionately following. My family based our lives and schedules around Husker Football in the fall. I want an AD who can get that ship straightened out plus get us respect in the B1G. Seems like we are still the outcasts of the B1G and looked down on by many including our commissioner.

All very well said. Agree 100%.

just no Matt as AD…for the love of all that is holy.

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds