Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Anyone else worried we are gonna end up with Matt Davison as our AD? (1 Viewer)

MtnHusker

Heisman Winner
Insider
Elite Member
tPB OG
Hope I am wrong but that would be one of the most Nebraska things Nebraska has ever done. At least the Athletic Departments Christmas Parties would be Lit at Gate25. Just have a gut feeling, and it don't make me the least bit happy. Please let them pick someone who is qualified and can improve our athletic department. The B1G has been shitting on us for years and would continue to do so with Matt.

Lionsfan93

Running Back
Recruiting Analyst
Nebrasketball
tPB OG
Hope I am wrong but that would be one of the most Nebraska things Nebraska has ever done. At least the Athletic Departments Christmas Parties would be Lit at Gate25. Just have a gut feeling, and it don't make me the least bit happy. Please let them pick someone who is qualified and can improve our athletic department. The B1G has been shitting on us for years and would continue to do so with Matt.
If that were to happen, I may give up on the program. No way that is what the boosters could want.

Pipe Line

Graduate Assistant
Elite Member
Genuine question for a guy who really doesn’t know what he’s like as a human being, why would it be so bad?

BIGSTICK67

Board Chairman - TPB, LLC
Elite Member
tPB OG
I'm too old to worry about this type of thing.

But if I still worried about AD hires, it maybe a slight worry.

Last edited:

Cash68847

Offensive Coordinator
Elite Member
tPB OG
I view it the same as I view worrying about losing to beefy Bart week 1, if it happens, we've got way bigger problems and I probably won't need to give Nebraska football much thought afterwards.
It wouldn’t be a huge surprise if Illinois beat us in week one. Davison being AD on the other hand I can’t see ever happening.

...TrueColors...

Graduate Assistant
Insider
I think that Matt has thrown his name in the hat for the job simply because he has aspirations down the road and would like to go through the process to hear the critiques about what he needs to improve on to be qualified in the future. There’s nothing wrong with that and I’ve done that in the past with jobs that I wanted down the road, but knew I was only on the fringe of being qualified for.

That being said….

Im not worried that he’ll get the job.

Pipe Line

Graduate Assistant
Elite Member
Should they hire the best friend of the most prominent coach at the University as his boss when the coach has a record of 12-20?
Probably not, but just hypothetically does that feeling change if Frost is 20-12?

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds