Welcome to the forum 👋, Visitor

To access the forum content and all our services, you must register or log in to the forum. Becoming a member of the forum is completely free.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

How to turn off email notifications

HuskerGarrett

A different animal and the same beast
Admin
Elite Member
tPB OG
Sorry that it emails everyone every time there is a reply to a watched thread. I changed this to not be default for new members, but here is how to turn it off for those of you who are annoyed

1. Click your profile picture at the top
2. Click on " Preferences"
3. Under "Content Options" uncheck both the boxes preceding "and receive email notifications."

(thanks to @joshuahuskers for figuring that out)

After you do this, you will not receive email notification on any new threads you post in. You will still get emails from threads you posted in prior to doing this. To turn those off:

1. Click on the arrow next to "Forums" at the top of the page.
2. Click on Watched Threads
3. On the top right click on Manage watched threads
4. Click on Disable email notification

Last edited:
Sorry that it emails everyone every time there is a reply to a watched thread. I changed this to not be default for new members, but here is how to turn it off for those of you who are annoyed

1. Click your profile picture at the top
2. Click on " Preferences"
3. Under "Content Options" uncheck both the boxes preceding "and receive email notifications."

(thanks to @joshuahuskers for figuring that out)

After you do this, you will not receive email notification on any new threads you post in. You will still get emails from threads you posted in prior to doing this. To turn those off:

1. Click on the arrow next to "Forums" at the top of the page.
2. Click on Watched Threads
3. On the top right click on Manage watched threads
4. Click on Disable email notification
Wut in the ever living’ fuck?? It’s all I can do to maneuver a tucking mouse on my desktop. Wut is this 1, 2, 3, 4 shit.....Garrett, get in yore car and drive to Scottsbluff right now..... 😎

Last edited:
I can probably edit your profile for you but you’ll probably have to do the 2nd part yourself. Let me try @Elizabeth Reed
Yep I got it turned off in your profile so you won’t get emails on new threads you post on. I can’t do the 2nd thing though so you’ll just have to do that to turn it off for all old threads @Elizabeth Reed

Theme customization system

You can customize some areas of the forum theme from this menu.

• Wide/Narrow view

You can control a structure that you can use to use your theme wide or narrow.

Grid view forum list

You can control the layout of the forum list in a grid or ordinary listing style structure.

Picture grid mode

You can control the structure where you can open/close images in the grid forum list.

Close sidebar

You can get rid of the crowded view in the forum by closing the sidebar.

Fixed sidebar

You can make it more useful and easier to access by pinning the sidebar.

Close radius

You can use the radius at the corners of the blocks according to your taste by closing/opening it.

• Color combinations cannot be used

Color combinations are not available to you, this area may be restricted by administrators. Please contact the administrator for more information.

Backgrounds are not available!

Background checks are not available to you, this area may be restricted by administrators. Please contact the administrator for more information.

Back