Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

How long to fix the offense? (1 Viewer)

Herbie

Quarterback
Realistically how long will it take to build a halfway respectable offense?

QB depth is a joke
RB depth is probably the best but also unreliable
WR - Young? And a massive liability
TE - one serviceable te on the roster
OL - dumpster fire

Wtf happened to offensive recruiting the past 3 years

ChocaEgg

Ghost of Kiev 👻
Elite Member
I actually kinda of hate the RB room. Ervin is okay, but had such a limited resume, Rhamir is just generic RB, Grant can't be trusted. And everyone else can't beat out those guys

We need another RB recruit
Yeah our RBs are garbage as fuck. Lacy would immediately be the best RB on the team but I doubt he ends up signing with us.

Herbie

Quarterback
I actually kinda of hate the RB room. Ervin is okay, but had such a limited resume, Rhamir is just generic RB, Grant can't be trusted. And everyone else can't beat out those guys

We need another RB recruit
Didn’t say they were good. But when comparing all units they are the best overall. Which is sad.

dsbigred1

Wide Receiver
tPB OG
I just don’t think much can be determined by tonight’s RB performance other than Grant is a fumbling bitch.. and that was known. The OL is shit, although much better in the second half. They were awful in the first.
None of them got enough touches to make a determination but Ervin was by far the best IMO.
WRs need serious help, but there is young talent and good talent on the way. We need some mean mofos for the OL though. And we may(definitely) need another transfer QB

Tonkasker

Safety
Elite Member
Cockeye
I don’t think you fix Sims bad habits this season. Kid was staring down every single completion. Any halfway decent secondary is going to get results like tonight’s

Eloot224

Running Back
Elite Member
I don’t think you fix Sims bad habits this season. Kid was staring down every single completion. Any halfway decent secondary is going to get results like tonight’s
Give me Minny’s QB over Sims all day everyday and twice on Saturdays.

Sims is a dumb fuck. You can’t fix dumb. That’s why it shocks me Rhule attached his wagon to him.

Tonkasker

Safety
Elite Member
Cockeye
Give me Minny’s QB over Sims all day everyday and twice on Saturdays.

Sims is a dumb fuck. You can’t fix dumb. That’s why it shocks me Rhule attached his wagon to him.

It’s going to be brutal watching Casey torch the G5

At least the way they’re running sims gives us Chuba after the Michigan game

djw004

Wide Receiver
Elite Member
Marcus Washington needs to become Mr Consistent over night

Grant is so infuriating - he runs so damn well, then puts it on the ground.

If we are going to throw it 19 times, completion % needs to be out of this world good - like 75%+

Sims looked fantastic in the run game, and has a damn cannon of an arm, but falls out of every throw, stares at his target from pre-snap on, and just made horrendously terrible decisions. Frustrating because you see some solid potential when you watch him, and Then he shrinks in the moments you need him.

Tonkasker

Safety
Elite Member
Cockeye
The oline was not a dumpster fire after they settled in. Sims had plenty of time to throw and there were holes in the running game. Sure some guys still broke through on pass rush, but they were still greatly improved from last season.
I agree, I saw it too. Thought they got better as the game went on and the opposite was true for Minnesota

Mavsker

Big Ten referee
tPB OG
We're not going to fix Sims staring down receivers. He's a fourth year P5 QB, he is what he is at this point.

The Office GIF

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds