Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

How do we get CTB to stay for another year? (1 Viewer)

gaines1016

Bench Warmer
Elite Member
I have no idea what the record will be this season...and in general I am a pessimist/proof guy. That being said CTB always impresses me on and off the field (that Cockeye punt fumble hurt though). Dude appears to bring the energy in practice and seems like a great leader with the team. Most are projecting him jumping into the draft after this season. How do we get NIL contributions to him at a level where he would consider staying for his final year of college?

And before somebody says it...I am not a troll or a bot. I just lurk normally. This dude feels different to me. He has the proverbial "IT". NIL could potentially help us retain a seemingly pro prospect/leader for an extra year if we could get him paid at a comparative level.

I am poor so unfortunately I can't help but if any of you rich fuckers want to do something helpful this was a thought that crossed my mind after a gummy and a few beers:) #GBR

gaines1016

Bench Warmer
Elite Member
Marry his mom
do you have her number? Her son appears to by very gifted athletically while also remaining fairly humble and trying to elevate others around him. shit like that impresses me and probably comes from a parental figure. if that is his mother I would love to buy her a beer and chat...i am not really into marriage in general though:cool:

Faux Sean Callahan

Head Coach
Insider
tPB OG
I have no idea what the record will be this season...and in general I am a pessimist/proof guy. That being said CTB always impresses me on and off the field (that Cockeyes punt fumble hurt though). Dude appears to bring the energy in practice and seems like a great leader with the team. Most are projecting him jumping into the draft after this season. How do we get NIL contributions to him at a level where he would consider staying for his final year of college?

And before somebody says it...I am not a troll or a bot. I just lurk normally. This dude feels different to me. He has the proverbial "IT". NIL could potentially help us retain a seemingly pro prospect/leader for an extra year if we could get him paid at a comparative level.

I am poor so unfortunately I can't help but if any of you rich fuckers want to do something helpful this was a thought that crossed my mind after a gummy and a few beers:) #GBR
I offered him a podcast and an internship.. Figured that would keep him from accepting a 2nd round pay day.

I mean how can you value getting to spend time with me? Seems like a sweet deal.

gaines1016

Bench Warmer
Elite Member
I offered him a podcast and an internship.. Figured that would keep him from accepting a 2nd round pay day.

I mean how can you value getting to spend time with me? Seems like a sweet deal.

i agree he is most likely an early round draft pick (which is why i would like him to stay and doubt he will)...Signing bonus and first year salary in the league for him? A couple million? more?less? Anybody know the number? Lets figure out a way to NIL this guy and keep him for another year. i am basically spending other people's money in a hypothetical 😅

Faux Sean Callahan

Head Coach
Insider
tPB OG
i agree he is most likely an early round draft pick (which is why i would like him to stay and doubt he will)...Signing bonus and first year salary in the league for him? A couple million? more?less? Anybody know the number? Lets figure out a way to NIL this guy and keep him for another year. i am basically spending other people's money in a hypothetical 😅
I mean he comes and interns for me think about how great that will look on a resume..

Plus I will teach him my ways to my vertical. We add a couple inches he is probably a 1st rounder.

Toe

Wide Receiver
spongebob squarepants interview GIF

gaines1016

Bench Warmer
Elite Member
I was told.... Best case was late 1st round, but 2nd round for sure if he has a good year (All B1G) and healthy.

So 14million in the first year...huh...haha my apologies for being a little stoned and drinking😆 go get it CTB. I get out over my skis at times but like to consider the possibilities

gaines1016

Bench Warmer
Elite Member
That is some Dean level math right there
i apologize if i am coming off like that. i am not trying to be argumentative as I have no knowledge of future earning potential and it just crept into in my head about possible ways we could potentially benefit from NIL that havent been discussed in detail. i am just a regular guy (who has no capacity to pay athletes) but is curious what people think the market rate would be for something like CTB staying another year. #alsonotsober i feel like i may be embarrassed tomorrow upon a re-read.

Jim14510

GOD MOD
Admin
Elite Member
tPB OG
i apologize if i am coming off like that. i am not trying to be argumentative as I have no knowledge of future earning potential and it just crept into in my head about possible ways we could potentially benefit from NIL that havent been discussed in detail. i am just a regular guy (who has no capacity to pay athletes) but is curious what people think the market rate would be for something like CTB staying another year. #alsonotsober i feel like i may be embarrassed tomorrow upon a re-read.
I would be amazed if he makes 50k from NIL. I don't think the NIL even comes into play of whether he stays or goes. It will come down to whether staying another year helps his draft stock.

Faux Sean Callahan

Head Coach
Insider
tPB OG
No worries... I was more messing around and giving you a hard time.

CTB will be able to make a few bucks from NIL, but a second round pick is looking at a contract worth about 8 mil +/-.

I think it is going to take a unique situation where nil will keep a kid from going pro in football. Mainly because the skills that make you more likely to cash in on NIL are also enhanced at the next level.

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds