Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

CTB Punt Return (1 Viewer)

alt f4

Administrator
Admin
Insider
After watching it, this is what I'd rule on the field.

His momentum carried the ball into the endzone where he was down. The ball has to fully come out of endzone for it to be out of endzone. Ball gets returned to the point where he gained possession (around 1 or 2 yard line). First and 10 Nebraska, no safety.

However, the crew I believe fucked this up. On field they ruled it a safety (illegal forward pass in endzone), which momentum rule is not reviewable at this point. If they ruled momentum on the field, they could have reviewed it and switched to a safety.

PART II: INSTANT REPLAY MECHANICS AND GUIDELINES - Momentum
When the ruling on the field is a safety, replay can review where the ball was possessed in relation to the goal line and make it a touchback if the ball was first possessed in the end zone. If the ball was first possessed in the field of play the ruling of safety stands.

Baron Winnebago

Scrote Statistician
Elite Member
tPB OG

His momentum carried the ball into the endzone where he was down. The ball has to fully come out of endzone for it to be out of endzone. Ball gets returned to the point where he gained possession (around 1 or 2 yard line). First and 10 Nebraska, no safety.

However, the crew I believe fucked this up. On field they ruled it a safety (illegal forward pass in endzone), which momentum rule is not reviewable at this point. If they ruled momentum on the field, they could have reviewed it and switched to a safety.

When the ruling on the field is a safety, replay can review where the ball was possessed in relation to the goal line and make it a touchback if the ball was first possessed in the end zone. If the ball was first possessed in the field of play the ruling of safety stands.
So if CTB doesn't compound a world class moronic decision of fielding a punt running back towards his own end zone on the 1 with a second world class moronic decision of yeeting the ball, there is a chance the safety is overturned on replay because of his momentum?

Skerz4Life50

Cornerback
Elite Member

So based on this, it sounds like the crew on the field screwed up, but the replay officials got it right. Which would be why they “confirmed” the call.

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds