Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Hey Y’all (1 Viewer)

Huskerbuck85

Wide Receiver
Good evening gentlemen. This is a sappy post that I’ve been struggling to write for a few weeks now. Please, if you know me personally off the board, don’t be offended that I didn’t text or call as I’ve just really been struggling to talk about this with anyone.

About three weeks ago, my wife was diagnosed with stage 2 grade 3 breast cancer. She’s 33. Seventy percent of her cancer cells are multiplying, so time is of the essence and they plan to begin chemotherapy treatments this week.

I am very impressed with the team from CHI that we will be working with and the vast amount of knowledge they provide is overwhelming.

We have been having conversations about what happens if this doesn’t work. It’s hard for me to ever think worst case scenario as you all know, because God made me an optimist for a reason and that part will never change. So those talks have been extremely difficult for me to have especially as they make my mind wonder about how our 5 year old will handle all of this.

I reached my breaking point last night after an incident with my mother in law.

This is a place I spend a good chunk of time and I consider many of you my friends. So I could really use some thoughts and prayers now boys.
I’ll pray for her and your family. God’s got you.

lee_carvallo_12

Quarterback
Elite Member
tPB OG
Good evening gentlemen. This is a sappy post that I’ve been struggling to write for a few weeks now. Please, if you know me personally off the board, don’t be offended that I didn’t text or call as I’ve just really been struggling to talk about this with anyone.

About three weeks ago, my wife was diagnosed with stage 2 grade 3 breast cancer. She’s 33. Seventy percent of her cancer cells are multiplying, so time is of the essence and they plan to begin chemotherapy treatments this week.

I am very impressed with the team from CHI that we will be working with and the vast amount of knowledge they provide is overwhelming.

We have been having conversations about what happens if this doesn’t work. It’s hard for me to ever think worst case scenario as you all know, because God made me an optimist for a reason and that part will never change. So those talks have been extremely difficult for me to have especially as they make my mind wonder about how our 5 year old will handle all of this.

This is a place I spend a good chunk of time and I consider many of you my friends. So I could really use some thoughts and prayers now boys.
Sorry brother. Thoughts and prayers.

Loomie21

Defensive Lineman
Elite Member
Thoughts and prayers man! I cannot imagine what you're going through but be sure to let us know if you need anything!

God is a Husker

Pussy Posse
tPB OG
We will be beating this. I’ve never been more confident in a statement in my life.

I liked every post ITT except this one... cuz this one gets a "RUN THE DAMN BALL" response.

✊ Nebraska Power, fight cancer everyday. I pray for strength for your wife, your family and you. You can do it.

***If not religious here is a different song for you***

djw004

Wide Receiver
Elite Member
Thank you for sharing. My family is praying for yours.

Ext. 55

Big Poppa
Elite Member
tPB OG

Damn…sorry to hear this is going on. Will certainly be thinking of you and your family. Sending one upstairs to the big guy now. Breath deep and keep believing.

Alcaus

Quarterback
Elite Member
tPB OG
Praying for you man. My family went through it years ago with my step-mom.

Cancer can fuck itself

doublewing

Running Back
Thanks for sharing this and please know you and your family are in our thoughts. Take care, maintain that optimism, and let us know if you need anything.

turek420845

Reaction Whore
Elite Member
Sorry to hear brother. My sister (40) was diagnosed with breast cancer grade 2 earlier this year. They originally thought it was grade 4. It is very tough to stay optimistic, but you got to stay strong for the family. Use whatever resource you have for talking about this. It definitely helped me! We had a fundraiser and even raised money because that was her biggest worry. Stay stronger brother and keep your head up. Just be there for her and your 5 year old.

...TrueColors...

Graduate Assistant
Insider
T's and P's. They've come a long ways with breast cancer so I'm sure everything will turn out well.

They really have. The chemo treatment is a 24 week one and it has a total remission success rate of 65%. There’s another 30% on top of that, which I can’t remember the phrasing or terminology of that they can’t quite qualify as a total remission, but the cancer is basically all at bay.

Husker_in_OK

Offensive Lineman
Elite Member
Stay strong, brother. Thoughts and prayers go out to your wife, you and your family.

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds