Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

New Commit Hall & McMorris are N (3 Viewers)

Dell Husker

Quarterback
tPB OG
Kansas State - Midwest program with lackluster history that hired a developmental/culture coach.

Using Rivals team rankings below. let's see what they have done in recent years.

2018 Class: before Klieman 52nd Nationally 3-6 record

2019 Class: 68th Nationally 8-4 record
2020 Class: 49th Nationally 4-6 record
2021 Class: 60th Nationally 8-5 record
2022 Class: 50th Nationally 10-4 record
2023 Class: 34th Nationally ??

I live in KS and I went to KSU for a year (sorry boyz). There is ZERO reason Nebraska can't find and develop talent and compete.

Fucking K-State has their program rolling.

All that said, yes Nebraska should out recruit most schools but let's find and develop talent and then when the wins come we will get the blue chippers again.
I live right on the border of KS. Isn’t it the most annoying thing listening to those fuckers talk about how good they are at everything right now

Scarlet ObsessioN

Offensive Lineman
Elite Member
I live right on the border of KS. Isn’t it the most annoying thing listening to those fuckers talk about how good they are at everything right now
Most definitely! The worst part is they pat me on the back and apologize to me for being a Husker fan.

It’s gotta end. Let this cruel game end.

Last edited:

DuckSker

RedSeaFarts=Sandalwood
Elite Member
Most definitely! The worst part is they pat me on the back and apologize to me for being a Husker fan.

It’s gotta end. Let this cruel game end.
Their program improved once they stopped having to play us every year. We’re 79-12 all time against those fuckers and 7-0 in the last 7 years we played. They’d get butt fucked in the Big10

Goskers07

Wide Receiver
Elite Member
tPB OG
These assistant coaches have been doing this for years? Last i checked like 6/8 of them haven’t had a D1 college job yet

GULP THAT KOOLAID DOWN FELLAS
My favorite part about your bitching is that this "rookie" staff that is only taking reaches has more four stars than your golden boy at Wisconsin. And that doesn't include the incoming commitment of Carter Nelson.

Dell Husker

Quarterback
tPB OG
Yeah you’re right in the middle of it as well.

I have a running $100 bet with my wife’s brother in law on who wins more games each year. It hasn’t been good for me and it’s going to be tough to ever beat him on that.

HerbRedman

Quarterback
Elite Member
tPB OG
With your own evaluation process you get first mover advantage, which is a big influence in getting some kids.
I think this is what's happening. We know Rhule is telling recruits that recruits who pick his program when they're down "have a special place in my heart." He lionizes those first class recruits who picked Baylor when they sucked that first post Briles offseason. This is just Rhule trying to be first with recruits he thinks are going to be "discovered" later.

If you don't think it's that, then you believe it's one of two things:

1. Rhule is terrible at recruiting & the only recruits he can close are bad players w/ no other P5 offers
  2. Nebraska FB program has declined so much that the only players they can recruit now are bad players with no other P5 offers

My thing is, the thing we've been doing isn't working, so I'm open to trying something new. We've been star-hunting for CA-FL-GA scraps for the last 8 yrs. We go into those states and find the highest ranked players that every other big school is passing on. It's given us good star rankings and kept our classes in the top 25.... but a huge % of these guys proved to be highly flawed (which is why they're home state schools passed on them). And most of them transfer out of here anyway.

Every NU fan on these boards has been super jealous of the rags to riches/diamonds in the rough development hero stories that Wisconsin and Cockeye have every year. So now Rhule is recruiting some 'diamonds in the rough' prospects but everyone on the message boards is like "bUt tHeiR oFfeR LiStsz!!!!".....you can't have it both ways.

Last edited:

HerbRedman

Quarterback
Elite Member
tPB OG
My favorite part about your bitching is that this "rookie" staff that is only taking reaches has more four stars than your golden boy at Wisconsin. And that doesn't include the incoming commitment of Carter Nelson.
Anna Kendrick Movie GIF by Pitch Perfect

HerbRedman

Quarterback
Elite Member
tPB OG
You name a team that Scott Frost coached against at Nebraska other than Bethune Cookman that ole coach Scrote wasn't capable of losing to.
Yeah, there was a time in my life when I thought Frost would have won 1-2 more games per yr 2018-2022 if he were facing Big 12 schedules...but that time has passed.

Frost's teams didn't lose because of talent, they lost due to bad coaching, bad organization and terrible in-game decisions. Playing in the Big 12 wouldn't have solved that. I actually think the Big Dipper would have pulled the EXACT same record if his team was playing in the Big 12.

klrgumby

Linebacker
I don’t disagree with your logic on kids that are younger but for kids that are going to be seniors the logic doesn’t work. These kids have been evaluated by schools and were passed by and you can’t make a living signing kids like that. Rhule & Co aren’t just that much smarter than all of these local schools in Kansas or Texas.

Not sure why everyone acts like that’s some crazy logic. The more you reach the more busts you will have. I’d like to keep signing highly ranked kids (even though they’ve busted for us) because I think Rhule will develop them.

If this were the end all be all kids wouldn’t be getting drafted from G5, FCS, and D2 programs. Now with the transfer portal era we are seeing those guys move up earlier to prove themselves to improve their draft stock ever more. While the odds on a hit are less if you are able to replace the same amount of gambles each year with transfers in and out you’ll be perfectly fine.

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds