Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

New Commit Hall & McMorris are N (3 Viewers)

ChocaEgg

Ghost of Kiev đź‘»
Elite Member
GBR. Committed while on campus via Instagram

Happy Logan Paul GIF by DAZN

Carm

Graduate Assistant
Recruiting Analyst
Insider
Elite Member
tPB OG
I realize Carter Nelson is a long shot at this point...or at least according to social media he is.

But if they land Carter Nelson this is the best instate haul since...when?
Best? I don't know. The biggest instate haul since we went to the 85 scholarship limit (9) was 1998.

These were the nine from my research - a very damn good class

Eric Crouch

Dave Volk

Steve Altstadt

Chris Kelsay

Nate Kolterman

Jon Bowling

Wes Cody

Wilson Thomas

Jeremy Slechta

BTW the '98 class was 10th ranked in the country

Last edited:

Gman1228

Linebacker
Elite Member
Are you talking about @Gman1228 ? I feel like you're talking about Gman1228.
Lmao I can take it. This board acts in extremes and if you question anything you are all out and a dumbfuck. Every conversation has a line drawn in the sand and you have to stand on one side or the other.

Mike Schaefer summarized my thoughts perfectly. It’s unprecedented to take commits in June that don’t have other P5 or FCS offers. He also insinuated that McMorris and Hall didn’t have other options so its not like the media and others aren’t skeptical of some of the things happening.

I’m glad we landed Hall & McMorris and those are solid pickups even if their current offers had dwindled.

alt f4

Administrator
Admin
Insider
How did Bellevue West go 7-4 last year?

3 of their 4 losses were to the Class A finalists Gretna (x2) and Westside. Other was against Kearney who was pretty decent last year. They blew a 37-14 lead with like 7 minutes left in game vs Gretna the first time they played them. Kearney was down 14 at start of 4th quarter and put up 21 in 4th to win by 1. They were a team that struggled late in big games.

4th quarter in losses:
Westside (reg season): 21-7, 42-14 in 2nd half.
Gretna (reg season): 26-7 Gretna
Kearney (reg season): 21-6 Kearney
Gretna (playoffs): 21-2 Gretna

Scarlet ObsessioN

Offensive Lineman
Elite Member
Lmao I can take it. This board acts in extremes and if you question anything you are all out and a dumbfuck. Every conversation has a line drawn in the sand and you have to stand on one side or the other.

Mike Schaefer summarized my thoughts perfectly. It’s unprecedented to take commits in June that don’t have other P5 or FCS offers. He also insinuated that McMorris and Hall didn’t have other options so its not like the media and others aren’t skeptical of some of the things happening.

I’m glad we landed Hall & McMorris and those are solid pickups even if their current offers had dwindled.

Hall and McMorris didn't have options?

Okay, so they couldn't commit to Tennessee and Oklahoma (today) but they could land just about anywhere they wanted in the Power 5. KSU would have taken Hall's commit in a nano second.

Secondly-

Rhule and his staff have a philosophy that has worked for them since 2013. They evaluate and project guys, it's what they do.

This isn't Frost coaching Mike Hughes for 2 years and saying he developed him, or the Griffin brothers.

Haasan Reddick was an unrated athlete they developed into a top 10 pass rusher in the NFL. BJ Thompson was drafted by the Chiefs and he was originally a Baylor commit with Rhule. PJ Walker, NFL. There are so many dudes that weren't highly recruited that he has welcomed into the program. They won't all hit but when you add athletic guys that have great size and length, the one's that do hit, hit big.

He literally told us this is what he would do. I question those who weren't listening, not the staff backing up their words with actions.

HughJanus

Der Viener Schlinger
Elite Member

I agree that it feels like we're reaching on a lot of these recent guys. Not the BWest cats though. We'll see how it works out.

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds