Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Gubernatorial Thread (1 Viewer)

MtnHusker

Heisman Winner
Insider
Elite Member
tPB OG
I don’t know if Pillen did anything for Frost, but I know he helped get Pelini another year.
I was told by 2 substantial Husker boosters plus my aunt, who is connected to most of the rich people in Nebraska because she has been a big political fundraiser, that Pillen has definitely been involved if not one of the leaders on the behind the scenes shenanigans in our Athletic Department. Claire is the one I hear the most negatives about from various boosters and people involved with NU. Follow the money and see how much they have profited financially and political power off of NU Athletics.

Sad part is I thought I knew much of what was going on behind the scenes at NU. Once I started hearing about the BS the TC'ers were pulling for years I literally felt sick to my stomach. I worshipped TO and considered one of my lifetime highlights getting to watch football games with him. It has been decades since an AD has even been allowed to do his job, actually TO was about the only AD that didn't get interference and I think most can agree that he was underwhelming as an AD.

Cash68847

Offensive Coordinator
Elite Member
tPB OG
I was told by 2 substantial Husker boosters plus my aunt, who is connected to most of the rich people in Nebraska because she has been a big political fundraiser, that Pillen has definitely been involved if not one of the leaders on the behind the scenes shenanigans in our Athletic Department. Claire is the one I hear the most negatives about from various boosters and people involved with NU. Follow the money and see how much they have profited financially and political power off of NU Athletics.

Sad part is I thought I knew much of what was going on behind the scenes at NU. Once I started hearing about the BS the TC'ers were pulling for years I literally felt sick to my stomach. I worshipped TO and considered one of my lifetime highlights getting to watch football games with him. It has been decades since an AD has even been allowed to do his job, actually TO was about the only AD that didn't get interference and I think most can agree that he was underwhelming as an AD.
You might not know this but if you do what’s your guess big money wise that wanted to keep and fire Frost? Was it pretty split or were there a lot more in favor of keeping Frost?

MtnHusker

Heisman Winner
Insider
Elite Member
tPB OG
You might not know this but if you do what’s your guess big money wise that wanted to keep and fire Frost? Was it pretty split or were there a lot more in favor of keeping Frost?
I only know a handful of boosters of substance but all of them wanted Frost gone. At least 1 wanted him gone after year 3, and was very vocal about it. 2 of them were willing to write checks to help offset some of his Buyout. The big players in the Political Realm told my Aunt that it had been decided with a couple games left that Frost was going to be let go, and she was also told that by a TC'er.

I have not heard of a single Booster that wanted Frost retained except for TO & the TC'ers. I'm not 100% sure if this is true or not but one of the boosters said that Frost didn't even know the TC'ers had strongarmed Turd into keeping Frost before Scott met with Turd to discuss his future. I really do feel for Turd because it appears he got seriously bullied by some of the people who helped get him hired. Turd handled it about as well as he could if he wanted to keep his job. Also rumors are he got some money out of them for the big Facilities Upgrade in exchange for being forced to keep Frost.

Daddy

Running Back
Elite Member
I only know a handful of boosters of substance but all of them wanted Frost gone. At least 1 wanted him gone after year 3, and was very vocal about it. 2 of them were willing to write checks to help offset some of his Buyout. The big players in the Political Realm told my Aunt that it had been decided with a couple games left that Frost was going to be let go, and she was also told that by a TC'er.

I have not heard of a single Booster that wanted Frost retained except for TO & the TC'ers. I'm not 100% sure if this is true or not but one of the boosters said that Frost didn't even know the TC'ers had strongarmed Turd into keeping Frost before Scott met with Turd to discuss his future. I really do feel for Turd because it appears he got seriously bullied by some of the people who helped get him hired. Turd handled it about as well as he could if he wanted to keep his job. Also rumors are he got some money out of them for the big Facilities Upgrade in exchange for being forced to keep Frost.

Last sentence is backwards, money was already committed, about $80mm, and threatened to pull it if Frost was fired.

MtnHusker

Heisman Winner
Insider
Elite Member
tPB OG
Last sentence is backwards, money was already committed, about $80mm, and threatened to pull it if Frost was fired.
Gotcha, that seems very believable. I was getting info from 2 different groups of boosters plus my aunt. One of the groups has wanted Frost gone since the end of Season 3 but the other still supported him. That second group changed their tune about half way through the 4th season and wanted him gone. My aunt just gets a hodge podge of info because she dealt with most of the rich people in the state. Sometimes it is like "CSI" where I have to filter through the agendas. But when both groups and my aunt are saying the same things then I believe it. They all mentioned Turd securing the funding by keeping Frost. I was lead to believe that he got the remaining money out of them but what you say makes total sense. He kept the money. Can't piss of Frost's good buddies who are huge Boosters like the Peed's.

Daddy

Running Back
Elite Member
Gotcha, that seems very believable. I was getting info from 2 different groups of boosters plus my aunt. One of the groups has wanted Frost gone since the end of Season 3 but the other still supported him. That second group changed their tune about half way through the 4th season and wanted him gone. My aunt just gets a hodge podge of info because she dealt with most of the rich people in the state. Sometimes it is like "CSI" where I have to filter through the agendas. But when both groups and my aunt are saying the same things then I believe it. They all mentioned Turd securing the funding by keeping Frost. I was lead to believe that he got the remaining money out of them but what you say makes total sense. He kept the money. Can't piss of Frost's good buddies who are huge Boosters like the Peed's.

You very well could be right. I know they committed that much money a long time ago, the other part of the deal could have been a 'we'll need the rest/more to do what you want.'

DrinkItIn

Running Back
Elite Member
tPB OG

Probably the biggest difference b/t NU and Alabama's of the world is that the Alabama's just want to win at whatever cost. They don't give a fuck who is coaching.

NU on the other hand only wants to win if it is with a coach with NU and Osborne ties.

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds