Welcome to the forum 👋, Visitor

To access the forum content and all our services, you must register or log in to the forum. Becoming a member of the forum is completely free.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Gone’Dale

Not gonna lie, if this actually happens it’s bad. I mean really fucking bad.

Not only is he our best offensive weapon but he’s basically been being groomed to become the face of the program. I know no one player makes a program but Wan’Dale leaving would be devastating to the psyche of Frost and the program IMO.
Frost has done more damage than anything losing Wandale will cause.

If it was Alabama, Ohio St, Oklahoma, etc I'd buy into it more. Doesn't mean it can't be true but we just went through this shit in the fall.

If it was Alabama, Ohio St, Oklahoma, etc I'd buy into it more. Doesn't mean it can't be true but we just went through this shit in the fall.

Im placing this rumor in the same category as the one that started on the cable union board about Jaimes. The one that dramatically ended with “There’s a bomb about to go off in Nebraska football.”
Someone is throwing shit at a wall and seeing what sticks.

Im placing this rumor in the same category as the one that started on the cable union board about Jaimes. The one that dramatically ended with “There’s a bomb about to go off in Nebraska football.”
Rumor keeps going on RSS. Mods aren’t shutting it down anymore

I think @alt f4 had alluded to hearing that but had no idea of it's veracity

If it was one of those one of those programs they wouldn’t really care. They would have another talent ready. It tells us how bad our program is right now that we are worried about one player leaving.

Bingo. There is a faction of “insiders” and possible boosters who did not like the Frost hire to begin with, and they are understandably disappointed with the results through year three. What is not understandable to me is that they are using their disappointment as a way to justify sabotaging the program.

There’s a few on NCIU and RSS who drop unsubstantiated rumors with the clear intent of sabotaging and smearing Frost. They did it with Jaimes. They did it with the “racial tensions” rumor. My guess is they are doing it again.

It is not much different than how partisan news outlets on both sides will run stories citing “anonymous sources” in a clear attempt to defame politicians.

The rumors they spread accomplish their goal by creating additional malcontent among the faction of fans who agree with them and also by plucking a few gullible people from the other side with each new rumor they create.

Unfortunately, this tactic works, and the only way Frost can stop it is by winning.

Until proven otherwise, it would be wise for us to see this and other similar rumors like the Jaimes situation for what it appears to be (a rumor) until a reputable and unbiased source confirms it to be true.

I don’t think you understood what Jim wrote
I was just responding we wouldn’t even give a shit if he was leaving, if Frost was doing his job bringing in legit talent and developing that talent especially like we thought he would at the skill positions.

Bingo. There is a faction of “insiders” and possible boosters who did not like the Frost hire to begin with, and they are understandably disappointed with the results through year three. What is not understandable to me is that they are using their disappointment as a way to justify sabotaging the program.

There’s a few on NCIU and RSS who drop unsubstantiated rumors with the clear intent of sabotaging and smearing Frost. They did it with Jaimes. They did it with the “racial tensions” rumor. My guess is they are doing it again.

It is not much different than how partisan news outlets on both sides will run stories citing “anonymous sources” in a clear attempt to defame politicians.

The rumors they spread accomplish their goal by creating additional malcontent among the faction of fans who agree with them and also by plucking a few gullible people from the other side with each new rumor they create.

Unfortunately, this tactic works, and the only way Frost can stop it is by winning.

Until proven otherwise, it would be wise for us to see this and other similar rumors like the Jaimes situation for what it appears to be (a rumor) until a reputable and unbiased source confirms it to be true.
It must be the tiniest of factions. Out of any coach hired since Osborne retired, Frost has had the most support from Husker nation top to bottom. Any other coach would be shitcanned by now with three straight losing seasons. He will likely have a losing season next year and not get fired. No Husker fan ever would have thought that could ever happen.

Bingo. There is a faction of “insiders” and possible boosters who did not like the Frost hire to begin with,

I’ve never seen a more unified hire at Nebraska then Scott Frost. Even if that is true, it’s a reeeal small group. Consistently losing probably changes minds though...

I’ve never seen a more unified hire at Nebraska then Scott Frost. Even if that is true, it’s a reeeal small group. Consistently losing probably changes minds though...
I have multiple friends that say Frost still needs more time. They wouldn’t have said the same for any of the prior coaches. They don’t matter, but it gives you a glimpse at the fan base. We also know those at the top will give him five years minimum, and that’s very impressive for how horrible the on the field product has been.

I have multiple friends that say Frost still needs more time. They wouldn’t have said the same for any of the prior coaches. They don’t matter, but it gives you a glimpse at the fan base. We also know those at the top will give him five years minimum, and that’s very impressive for how horrible the on the field product has been.

Yeah, you're right. It's pretty incredible.

Theme customization system

You can customize some areas of the forum theme from this menu.

• Wide/Narrow view

You can control a structure that you can use to use your theme wide or narrow.

Grid view forum list

You can control the layout of the forum list in a grid or ordinary listing style structure.

Picture grid mode

You can control the structure where you can open/close images in the grid forum list.

Close sidebar

You can get rid of the crowded view in the forum by closing the sidebar.

Fixed sidebar

You can make it more useful and easier to access by pinning the sidebar.

Close radius

You can use the radius at the corners of the blocks according to your taste by closing/opening it.

• Color combinations cannot be used

Color combinations are not available to you, this area may be restricted by administrators. Please contact the administrator for more information.

Backgrounds are not available!

Background checks are not available to you, this area may be restricted by administrators. Please contact the administrator for more information.

Back