Welcome to the forum 👋, Visitor

To access the forum content and all our services, you must register or log in to the forum. Becoming a member of the forum is completely free.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Gone’Dale

I don't know if we've ever established whether the Glory Hole Dude is reliable with this sort of thing. I know he appears to have an in with Xavier Watts' family, so he speaks pretty authoritatively whenever Watts comes up (most recently that rumor about him transferring back from ND).

This sure looks true based on Twitter.
If Wandale is really gone, where the fuck do we go from here? Frost can’t win games, can’t keep any of our good players on campus, etc.
Can you link some representative examples of the tweets indicating he's gone?

Nothing concrete. Just a lot of smoke. All of the comments to these say it’s Wandale

That would really suck. I mean really, really suck. Even more to the hit on the field, I think it really would be deflating as to Frost losing one of the faces of the program and one of the first true difference makers he recruited since he came here.

Is it bad that I don't care?
The more I think about it, the more I realize it's probably not THAT big of a deal with respect to 2021. The stuff that needs to get fixed for him to matter much will be meaningful with our without him. If we have a QB that doesn't suck, we're okay with our without Wan'Dale; if we don't, we're still fucked. If the OL and RB rooms allow us to pound it like we did versus Rutgers, we're in much better shape; Wan'Dale doesn't matter so much there. Not saying it's not a loss, because it would be, but I won't be inconsolable.

I wouldn’t read much into his Twitter location saying “Kentucky” considering the players were quite literally sent home for a month-long break, and his home happens to be located on...Kentucky.

I’d be very surprised by this if it happens considering how good of an ambassador Wan’Dale has been to our program.

The unfortunate thing is that these kids are going back home for an extended period of time during a pandemic and have to listen to a bunch of outside noise.

Wan’Dale probably can’t go to the grocery store in his hometown without some dumb hillbilly telling him to transfer back home. I feel bad for the kid.

My guess is one of those dumb hillbilly’s started the rumor and it took off.

If he was leaving he’s got enough good film to transfer to somewhere other than a really shithole SEC team with butthole bad talent all around the field and literally nothing at QB. Would be a really dumbfuck move.
I’d be surprised if this is true.
It's home, so there's that. But I agree.

Not gonna lie, if this actually happens it’s bad. I mean really fucking bad.

Not only is he our best offensive weapon but he’s basically been being groomed to become the face of the program. I know no one player makes a program but Wan’Dale leaving would be devastating to the psyche of Frost and the program IMO.

Not only is he our best offensive weapon but he’s basically been being groomed to become the face of the program. I know no one player makes a program but Wan’Dale leaving would be devastating to the psyche of Frost and the program IMO.

Yep - he's a real man from my perspective.. Speaks like one, plays like one, takes hits like one.

Fingers crossed.

I know we are all like battered wives at this point, I however am just not seeing this happen. Given he’s not in the portal, it would mean he sought Kentucky out to transfer as well. I just can’t imagine that. His dad addressed these rumors during the fall as well and told everyone he’s not going anywhere.

I sat and had a cigar with someone who you’d think is in the know and heard him say “Luke will transfer after the spring if he doesn’t win the job.” There’s no evidence to support that claim at all. But he said it so definitively and given who he is I could see a rumor like that make its way around and have people believe it.

We might not even have a winning season if he leaves

Theme customization system

You can customize some areas of the forum theme from this menu.

• Wide/Narrow view

You can control a structure that you can use to use your theme wide or narrow.

Grid view forum list

You can control the layout of the forum list in a grid or ordinary listing style structure.

Picture grid mode

You can control the structure where you can open/close images in the grid forum list.

Close sidebar

You can get rid of the crowded view in the forum by closing the sidebar.

Fixed sidebar

You can make it more useful and easier to access by pinning the sidebar.

Close radius

You can use the radius at the corners of the blocks according to your taste by closing/opening it.

• Color combinations cannot be used

Color combinations are not available to you, this area may be restricted by administrators. Please contact the administrator for more information.

Backgrounds are not available!

Background checks are not available to you, this area may be restricted by administrators. Please contact the administrator for more information.

Back