Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Golf Thread (2 Viewers)

Frogsker30

Wide Receiver
Elite Member

Fun fact, They teach this method to people who drop their club head on the backswing causing it to slice. Its to get used to the feel of a high club head. But not necessarily supposed to be used on the course. My Golf instructor had me do this for a while. fixed it on the range, then when got to the course all shit went out the window

DrinkItIn

Running Back
Elite Member
tPB OG
Disagree. MH is so much better than Elmwood.

I think they are completely different courses. Elmwood is essentially an executive course that is really hilly and short. MH is more traditional but pretty flat in most areas.

I grew up playing Elmwood and will always love that course. The greens are incredible this year or at least they were last time I played.

Samkellers_69

Safety
Elite Member
Alright someone tell me how to fix a bad bad slice. I got it bad and it's got me down bad. I had it fixed for about a year and about a month ago it's come back. I swear I'm doing the same swing I had when I didn't have it.

Cookiemonster

PIIHB
Elite Member
I have never played golf in my 33 years. I bought clubs and went to the driving range. How do I get good?

Dr.DrakeRamoray

Wide Receiver
Insider
tPB OG
Clarke has been unconscious with the short game but I’ll say this, if you have to have your caddy point to exactly where you need to win at on every single putt that’s pretty pathetic

G0skrz

Defensive Lineman
Elite Member
Alright someone tell me how to fix a bad bad slice. I got it bad and it's got me down bad. I had it fixed for about a year and about a month ago it's come back. I swear I'm doing the same swing I had when I didn't have it.
Couple things that helped me fix my slice a couple years ago was take a stronger grip or play the ball just a touch more forward in your stance.

Samkellers_69

Safety
Elite Member
Couple things that helped me fix my slice a couple years ago was take a stronger grip or play the ball just a touch more forward in your stance.
Went to the range and hit a medium bucket. I used a little sturdier grip on my bottom and and I messed with playing the ball in front of my stance at different parts. Seemed what helped the most which felt the weirdest was putting the ball almost to the out side of my heel.

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds