Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Golf Thread (5 Viewers)

Bootleg11

Graduate Assistant
Elite Member
Playing my first of 4 annual scrambles this Sunday.

Got my clubs out last night. Forgot I had decided to become a left handed golfer and the end of last summer. That should be interesting.

Either way, I'm going to drink a lot.

redzoner

Cornerback
Heading down to Fort Myers on Sunday to play 4 rounds. Hoping to get some better weather than we have been having here.

Juro

Sarcastic Ass
Elite Member
Bounty Hunter
If anyone is down for some golf in swimtown, hit me up.

HCFord1

Wide Receiver
Elite Member
tPB OG
How is everyone’s game coming around this spring? I’m about a 20 HCP and I feel like I’m striking the ball better than ever. Would definitely like to get the HCP down to around 16 this year. I’d be very happy with that.

Shot a 93 today. CRAZY ass back nine. Played 11-15 at one under (remember I am a freaking 20 HCP) and still managed to only shoot a 45 on the back. Blew up big time on 16. Golf man.

View attachment 22590
Played my first round of the year on Friday and shot a 98. I’m a 14 hcp so I wasn’t exactly pleased with that but considering how rusty I felt it definitely could’ve been worse.
If anyone is down for some golf in swimtown, hit me up.
I’m usually down if I can get away from the wife and kids.

jaihawk

Offensive Lineman
Elite Member
Really need to take some lessons this year to straighten out my driver. Got fitted for new clubs last year (full bag) and I hit my driver in the fairway probably 50% of the time. Thank goodness the 3 wood I got is a miracle club that I can always hit straight and about 220, so it saves some of those bad drives.

slattimer

Quarterback
Insider
GIF Master
tPB OG
My game currently sucks and haven't played much. But have putted really well which has saved my rounds in the 2 I've played. Blah. And fuck the wind.

Daddy

Running Back
Elite Member
How is everyone’s game coming around this spring? I’m about a 20 HCP and I feel like I’m striking the ball better than ever. Would definitely like to get the HCP down to around 16 this year. I’d be very happy with that.

Shot a 93 today. CRAZY ass back nine. Played 11-15 at one under (remember I am a freaking 20 HCP) and still managed to only shoot a 45 on the back. Blew up big time on 16. Golf man.

View attachment 22590

I'm teetering between 10-11 currently. I'm probably closer to a 14-15 but I live about 8 feet from Highlands in Lincoln, play league there, and play there all the time. I can shoot 79-83 there all day long only because I know it so well. Get me on another course and I'm hoping for 85-90.

Juro

Sarcastic Ass
Elite Member
Bounty Hunter
Worst club in the bag for me.
Same. But I have a Ducks Unlimited hybrid I've had since I was a teenager (18 some years now) that has bailed me out a lot of times on the golf course, from both the tee and the fairway.

ZaneTrain23

Linebacker
Elite Member
We should organize a huge golf tournament where it is Nebraska vs Cockeye. All message board and twitter personalities square off in a 36 hole two day death match. Mandatory Saturday at the local bar talking shit on eachother all night is included in sign up fee

Juro

Sarcastic Ass
Elite Member
Bounty Hunter
We should organize a huge golf tournament where it is Nebraska vs Cockeye. All message board and twitter personalities square off in a 36 hole two day death match. Mandatory Saturday at the local bar talking shit on eachother all night is included in sign up fee
I really don't want to be on the same golf course with a bunch of black and gold cock suckers. I go golfing for fun and the less Cockeyes I see, the better I enjoy my time.

ZaneTrain23

Linebacker
Elite Member
I really don't want to be on the same golf course with a bunch of black and gold cock suckers. I go golfing for fun and the less Cockeyes I see, the better I enjoy my time.
Thats fair, they probably all play from the front tees and play super slow then brag about what they shoot

lee_carvallo_12

Quarterback
Elite Member
tPB OG
@#HBD and I are headed to Bandon on Thurs for 5 rounds, if you include the Preserve - which you're GD right I am. Preserve - Sheep Ranch: Fri, Trails: Sat, Bandon - Pacic: Sun.

comedy central GIF by The Jim Jefferies Show

G0skrz

Defensive Lineman
Elite Member
Played about 8 times around Omaha this year so far. Shooting about what I was at last year plus a couple strokes after taking 5 months off over the winter. Hoping it starts warming up and the wind dies down.

RedDeanRedemption

Defensive Lineman
I'm teetering between 10-11 currently. I'm probably closer to a 14-15 but I live about 8 feet from Highlands in Lincoln, play league there, and play there all the time. I can shoot 79-83 there all day long only because I know it so well. Get me on another course and I'm hoping for 85-90.
A handicap is a handicap, that’s why there’s course ratings to account for difference in difficulty.

It’s a measure of your potential, not your average score.

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds