Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Gary Sharp show yesterday (1 Viewer)

kaz36

Linebacker
Elite Member
So, Gary Sharp got the ball rolling on this whole thing by bringing up the fact that he has some SEC connections and they told him that Auburn was told that Rhule was headed to Nebraska and then Damon comes in with the whole BOR meeting thing and the fuse was lit. Did anyone listen to Gary today? I listened to him off and on this morning and it seemed like he acted like nothing happened and he didn't say what he said. Did anyone hear him address what he said yesterday?

Pipe Line

Graduate Assistant
Elite Member
He flat out asked Sip if he heard anything was going to happen yesterday, and he said he had a feeling that something would, like a head coaching something would happen.

kaz36

Linebacker
Elite Member
It wasn’t just Gary Sharp saying that Auburn kicked the tires on Matt Rhule and were told he was going to be the head man at Nebraska. It appears Auburn sites are essentially reporting that as fact.
I'm not saying it's not true, but what I am saying is that Gary just plain ignored it today and acted like it didn't happen.

...TrueColors...

Graduate Assistant
Insider
I'm not saying it's not true, but what I am saying is that Gary just plain ignored it today and acted like it didn't happen.

I’m not defending Gary at all. I didn’t listen to his show today. But it would be on brand to essentially start a fire and then walk away and pretend it wasn’t them and be shocked when people want to know more.

The whole media today is pretending yesterday didn’t happen. That to me tells me something totally happened yesterday.

Last edited:

Ghost of Devaney

Linebacker
Elite Member
Could be that negotiations not finalized and have asked them to hold off so as not to potentially jeopardize the deal? Just a thought

Reactions: Irv

cwessel76

Run The Damn Ball
Elite Member
tPB OG
I’m not defending Gary at all. I didn’t listen to his show today. But it would be on grand to essentially start a fire and then walk away and pretend it wasn’t them and be shocked when people want to know more.

The whole media today is pretending yesterday didn’t happen. That to me tells me something totally happened yesterday.
Yeah something happened yesterday that wasn’t supposed to get out and now everyone is covering their asses.

Mavsker

Big Ten referee
tPB OG
Could be that negotiations not finalized and have asked them to hold off so as not to potentially jeopardize the deal? Just a thought
I feel like if the BoR actually met, something was finalized. And if we don't heard anything next week, it's more likely it was for a sitting head coach external hire.

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds