Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Friday night open chat.... Brought to you by bird dog apple whisky (2 Viewers)

MtnHusker

Legend
Insider
Elite Member
tPB OG
Why can't we find 2 serviceable Guards? Seems like Tackle and Center are trending towards being solid as long as Cam doesn't get hit with a case of the Yipps again.

Red Finger

Wide Receiver
Elite Member
tPB OG
Anyone gonna watch USA basketball try to win gold tonight!?

This will be the first I’ve watched the olympics this year. Sippin 4 Roses n watchin the USA. #Merica

Will Ferrell Usa GIF

Last edited:

Faux Sean Callahan

Head Coach
Insider
tPB OG
Why can't we find 2 serviceable Guards? Seems like Tackle and Center are trending towards being solid as long as Cam doesn't get hit with a case of the Yipps again.
I think it is just a product of HCMR and Cav running the program into the ground.

They've hit on a few that were more ready than others, but it is a lot to rebuild the entire unit.

You can't have a 3 year stretch where you only land 1 good OL and that's what Cav did.

Faux Sean Callahan

Head Coach
Insider
tPB OG
Prediction for Illinois game? Do we cover?
Yes..

I frankly think we are a significantly better team. We just need to see them actually beat down an inferior opponent..

I just don't think Illinois will have the WRs talent to score. We have dudes at CB and now have a front 7 in the top 1/4th of the B1G. It could be 35-10 if we avoid dumb mistakes

Baron Winnebago

Scrote Statistician
Elite Member
tPB OG
Yes..

I frankly think we are a significantly better team. We just need to see them actually beat down an inferior opponent..

I just don't think Illinois will have the WRs talent to score. We have dudes at CB and now have a front 7 in the top 1/4th of the B1G. It could be 35-10 if we avoid dumb mistakes
I Love You Movie GIF by Rocky

Red Finger

Wide Receiver
Elite Member
tPB OG
Yes..

Don’t they have like 22 super seniors on their roster?

ThomOsborneMD

NFL PICKEM CHAMP
Elite Member
tPB OG
Yes..

I’m very confident the play calling will set everyone up for success

Hardknocks1

Linebacker
Elite Member
Yes..

Are you bullish on our linebackers? I am just not in love with our LB’s across the board? I think that is our weakest spot?

Faux Sean Callahan

Head Coach
Insider
tPB OG
Don’t they have like 22 super seniors on their roster?
Something like that, but.....

Lost their stud OG
They lost 5/6(iirc) of their top receivers.
They had to move their back up kicker and QB to WR
They are implementing completely new schemes on both sides
They didn't have hardly any talent on defense. So if it comes back who cares?
Biggest thing is making sure their emotional momentum doesn't take over. Stop their run game and you'll be fine.
You are looking at a C and OT who are watch list guys. A good RB and Peters is regarded as one of the best QBs in the west.

I just don't think they have the weapons on offense to move the ball. I also think that our defense remembers this game and had revenge on their mind.

That's why I got to where I did.

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds