Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Breaking Former Nebraska women's basketball player Ashley Scoggin files lawsuit against school (1 Viewer)

Baron Winnebago

Scrote Statistician
Elite Member
tPB OG
As far as I know "grooming" isn't illegal and only applies to children, which according to this suit, women are considered at any age.
I think technically grooming can involve a power dynamic as well, which was the case here.

But I'm pretty sure this is just a civil suit and people have sued God in court before so I'm sure they'll just pay Scoggins to go away at some point because that's easier than dealing with this in the news cycle for months

vailhusker

Heisman Winner
Insider
I think Amy Williams us doing a solid job. I do call into question why she thought the best way to handle the situation was to have her and the players ambush Scoggins in a hotel about the affair. That seems like something she should have dealt with privately with Coach, player and another representative once there was suspicion and rumors. Seems like that was a misstep.
She should have went straight to the AD. I'm sure the university has people in place that can handle these types of situations.

It's always best to push this kind of thing up to the proper people. Then if they decided not to do anything or the investigation goes south you've covered your ass at least.

Signed,
Corporate

...TrueColors...

Graduate Assistant
Insider
She should have went straight to HR or whatever the equivalent is at NU.

It's always best to push this kind of thing up to the proper people. Then if they decided not to do anything or the investigation goes south you've covered your ass at least.

Signed,
Corporate

Yep. And when you go investigating these things it’s generally when you get in trouble. Push it up to the top and then leave it alone. Only bad things happen when you involve yourself further. Zero upside.

Sous Chef

Offensive Lineman
Elite Member
I think Amy Williams us doing a solid job. I do call into question why she thought the best way to handle the situation was to have her and the players ambush Scoggins in a hotel about the affair. That seems like something she should have dealt with privately with Coach, player and another representative once there was suspicion and rumors. Seems like that was a misstep.
One thing that occurs to me is that the rest of the team might have been pissed because they thought Scroggins was getting more playing time than she deserved by sleeping with her coach. But we all know that women are always the victims whenever sex occurs so that can't be right.

Alcaus

Quarterback
Elite Member
tPB OG
I think technically grooming can involve a power dynamic as well, which was the case here.

But I'm pretty sure this is just a civil suit and people have sued God in court before so I'm sure they'll just pay Scoggins to go away at some point because that's easier than dealing with this in the news cycle for months
Grooming has to involve a power dynamic. That's why it's called grooming.

But yeah, this will be settled I'd think.

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds