Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

First ever TPB NIL package for Danny Kaelin (1 Viewer)

HerbRedman

Quarterback
Elite Member
tPB OG
Look no further than who is running our NIL program. Tweedle Dee & Tweetle Dumber. ABM Lite isn't instilling much confidence. I seriously thought about trying to start a NIL COllective for the Huskers after the shenanigans I have heard about ABM/1890. If I wanted to move back to Nebraska I would. There is no reason we don't have easy ways for fans to one time or on a subscription basis be able to contribute to the program. Our fanbase is so dang loyal yet they don't make it easy for them to throw a couple Pesos around. I'd donate at least $25/month to NIL if I knew it was being handled properly. You get 100 fans who would donate $25/month and you could basically cover 2 SR's scholarship costs for the first semester of next season. Thus opening up more scholarships for transfers. Or to set up a base fund that is divided equally between all players, so lets say we get $1,020,000 in total donations we could pay each player $1,000/month so $12,000/yr. It might not be millions but would be a great baseline payment compared to some schools. How tough could it be to sell autographed jersey's, pictures, Bobble Heads, t-shirts..... to support the players?
Great post! And very clear we have no visionaries running 1890.

It's absolutely insane to me that we don't have an 1890 catalog online with a bunch of useless N branded retail shit marked up 200% to generate big net profits for the NIL coffers.

This is the one fanbase where you had to have that set up from day one. And here we are a couple years later, still nothing like this set up for NU fans to purchase + donate.

Seaofred92

Offensive Lineman
Elite Member
Nebrasketball
I did a pretty detailed analysis last year on how much money we would have to raise to cover the costs of all scholarship players’ parents to attend every football game we play using our real schedule and average price for hotel/flights to/from different major cities. Actually shared it with some people at NU compliance as well and they liked the idea. To me it was a no brainer- the #1 thing everyone uses against us in recruiting is our location and not being able to drive to games. That con goes away if theyre getting free trips to every home and away game.

Maybe we can chat if you guys are serious about being involved in this NIL fundraising stuff @HuskerGarrett @Jim14510

MtnHusker

Heisman Winner
Insider
Elite Member
tPB OG
Or we could do something more philanthropic for the community. Help out a struggling business in Nebraska or a players family. Some business hurt by Covid or illness/death in the family. Heck we could help Coleman with his NIL for Foster Care Children. Every year we could vote on a cause/business to put our NIL towards. Then tie in the players we want and use them to get the exposure for the business or cause. The World is our Oyster and we could do something fun and creative while also being a positive asset to the community. I bet if we thought outside the box local media icons like Arnie Foote would give tPB some great publicity

Faux Sean Callahan

Head Coach
Insider
tPB OG
I'm not too sure about how to go about this but going to start putting something together. Any interest or ideas from tpb members appreciated.
Dean does a recruit profile. Where he uploads a youtube video... Should get him some merch to wear during it.

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds