Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

First ever TPB NIL package for Danny Kaelin (3 Viewers)

LoudHogRider

Yells at Clouds
Elite Member
tPB OG
If you could get him to wear tPB merch to press conferences and tweet about tPB that would be badass. Idk what kind of cash it would take to make that happen lol
Agreed. But he has to utter the phrase "Cockeyes" periodically just to let him know we're out here any paying attention.

huskerj12

Wide Receiver
tPB OG
Just curious if anybody knows, does the university/1890/whoever have any kind of standards or rules in place about what kind of companies a player can get paid from? For example, a message board with NSFW and "politics" subforums might be frowned upon.

Dell Husker

Quarterback
tPB OG

Seaofred92

Offensive Lineman
Elite Member
Nebrasketball
@Seaofred92 you have a little experience in this front. Any suggestions?
A few thoughts:

- 100% have a contract that outlines the specifics on the deal that is signed by both you and him. I’ve got templates you can use.

- That contract should explicitly state what hes doing to receive the funds and you should clearly document the activity if/when it happens (as an example, if he’s just posting the “edit” @HuskerGarrett made on twitter, make sure you have the link to the tweet saved and screenshot for reference)

- You may have to notify his HS and/or NU compliance to ensure they are aware and the activity is compliant with any NIL policies and state laws as to not mess with eligibility

- You may be responsible for providing an associated tax form as a result of making payment- keep track of how/when the payment was made for these purposes

Happy to work with you guys on this and share any contract templates and other stuff. Biggest thing is just making sure you check the boxes so as to not mess with eligibility.

Seaofred92

Offensive Lineman
Elite Member
Nebrasketball
Just curious if anybody knows, does the university/1890/whoever have any kind of standards or rules in place about what kind of companies a player can get paid from? For example, a message board with NSFW and "politics" subforums might be frowned upon.
They’ve got a full NIL policy. Most schools’ policy regurgitates the state laws and emphasizes who can/can’t provide payment and the types of businesses you’re allowed to work with.

Seaofred92

Offensive Lineman
Elite Member
Nebrasketball

MtnHusker

Heisman Winner
Insider
Elite Member
tPB OG
I think we need to be careful with doing anything that could tick off $Dean too much. We don't want Dean ignoring Danny or considering him in a negative light. We know how thin skinned and petty $Dean can be. I like the idea of Danny wearing tPB Hat for some interviews, subtle but a good jab. If we get enough funds together you might even be able to get him to do some interviews with players, while wearing his tPB hat or shirt. Or we could set up a weekly award that we have him give out to a player. Maybe a $50 Gift Card to the Pancake House to a player for the best Pancake Block of the week. Something that we could have fun with and vote on.

MtnHusker

Heisman Winner
Insider
Elite Member
tPB OG
With the creativity and connections posters have on this board I'm sure we can come up with something great. Let's figure out what we can do that is creative, fun, helps the players plus gives tPB some exposure. Danny isn't going to suit up for the Huskers for over a year. We could work on a plan for them or try to come up with something now. I'd love to be the first board to literally financially support our beloved Huskers. Could be a feather we add to our Cap. You know it would piss off $Dean to no end if we had the first Message Board Collective to help the Husker Athletes financially. I'd be willing to throw in a couple Pesos, and I'm guess some others would be also.

Maybe we look for an intern that is a student at UNL. He could be our interviewer, feet on the ground, connection to the college age students.... Our interviews don't have to be about football. Could have him asking them about music, food, travel, what surprises them about Nebraska. Stories from the road, like things that happen on road games to other schools. We could come up with some original stuff that would be interesting.

What say the tBR'ers?

HerbRedman

Quarterback
Elite Member
tPB OG
Serious Q: why is 1890 not making things like this for our players, selling them for like $50 and pocketing the profit to our NIL pool?

If Keisei were NIL-legal, we could make like $1bn of NIL money selling these to Japan. It feels like 1890 does a really shitty job of capitalizing on the fact that we have 1m fans that will pay any amount of money for dumb shit.

Dak_Bobblehead.jpg
Christian_McCaffrey_Stanford_Cardinal_College_Football_Bobblehead_large.png

MtnHusker

Heisman Winner
Insider
Elite Member
tPB OG
Serious Q: why is 1890 not making things like this for our players, selling them for like $50 and pocketing the profit to our NIL pool?

If Keisei were NIL-legal, we could make like $1bn of NIL money selling these to Japan.

View attachment 23179
View attachment 23180
Look no further than who is running our NIL program. Tweedle Dee & Tweetle Dumber. ABM Lite isn't instilling much confidence. I seriously thought about trying to start a NIL COllective for the Huskers after the shenanigans I have heard about ABM/1890. If I wanted to move back to Nebraska I would. There is no reason we don't have easy ways for fans to one time or on a subscription basis be able to contribute to the program. Our fanbase is so dang loyal yet they don't make it easy for them to throw a couple Pesos around. I'd donate at least $25/month to NIL if I knew it was being handled properly. You get 100 fans who would donate $25/month and you could basically cover 2 SR's scholarship costs for the first semester of next season. Thus opening up more scholarships for transfers. Or to set up a base fund that is divided equally between all players, so lets say we get $1,020,000 in total donations we could pay each player $1,000/month so $12,000/yr. It might not be millions but would be a great baseline payment compared to some schools. How tough could it be to sell autographed jersey's, pictures, Bobble Heads, t-shirts..... to support the players?

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds