Welcome to the forum 👋, Visitor

To access the forum content and all our services, you must register or log in to the forum. Becoming a member of the forum is completely free.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Favorite Scroller to rustle?

Putting my armor on.....
I'm starting a couple Rock Fights in a post about Frost. Usual potatoes White Knighting for him saying their usual "he needs more time", "if he can't do it nobody can", "who else can we get...". Bottom line is we are the laughing stock of the Power5 teams in our 500 mile radius, that is along with Kansas of course. Have we really sunk that low as to be compared to a Kansas football program? Nobody else has looked as poorly coached as us over the last 3 years, besides maybe Kansas. I'll get some of the Die Hard Frosted Flakes fired up.

You can copy the words and paste them here. Mongo does it in Tunnel Talk from other Rivals sites.
Mongo answers to no mortal authority, founded either in physical violence or jurisprudential principle. He's a divine being whose provenance is uncertain but whose purpose is pellucidly clear: To arouse in @jw3 troll posts of the highest order. He is a demigod.

You can copy the words and paste them here. Mongo does it in Tunnel Talk from other Rivals sites.
Subject was: General Warning

Saturday at 11:39 PM
TraditionCoalition,

Dial back the "stirring the pot" threads meter a notch or two will you? You're laying it on pretty thick lately.

Mike

This is a warning from the site staff and moderators regarding message (Nadab Joseph and Keem Green).

No blacklist or ban has been issued at this time, but please keep all of your content and posts on the message board within the board rules.

If you have questions regarding this warning, please contact the site staff or moderators.

I'm starting a couple Rock Fights in a post about Frost. Usual potatoes White Knighting for him saying their usual "he needs more time", "if he can't do it nobody can", "who else can we get...". Bottom line is we are the laughing stock of the Power5 teams in our 500 mile radius, that is along with Kansas of course. Have we really sunk that low as to be compared to a Kansas football program? Nobody else has looked as poorly coached as us over the last 3 years, besides maybe Kansas. I'll get some of the Die Hard Frosted Flakes fired up.
From what I’ve seen here it’s partially the sentiment of the board. Frost does need time. He does need talent. He also has flaws but honestly you’re on the opposite side of the spectrum with the general consensus imo

From what I’ve seen here it’s partially the sentiment of the board. Frost does need time. He does need talent. He also has flaws but honestly you’re on the opposite side of the spectrum with the general consensus imo
Not sure what side I am truly on. I just like getting them riled up and White Knighting no matter what stats you put in front of them. It's like shooting fish in a barrel, always know who is gonna come charging in the post.

I want Frost to succeed but do have concerns with how poorly coached we have looked after 3 years under his leadership. He was my 3rd choice behind Mullens and Peterson, who knows if either were even interested. I was excited when he was hired and feel his offense if properly run could be a big success for us. Maybe the Light Switch will flip this year, maybe not but I can't help but feel sorry for the people who just blindly support him and his staff because he was a star player at Nebraska and grew up here. You ask them why and get answers like "he's the only one who can save us", "no other coaches will come", "culture"...... basically never ending excuses but nothing concrete to support them. Heck even Rufus had a well thought out post today that supported his feelings on the subject.

I have a bunch of friends who played football in college plus some in the NFL and some even coached college football. I get a ton of texts and calls from them almost every Saturday because of how poorly coached our team looks. Many played in the Big 8/12 and we kicked their asses on the field back then so now they try to get even by taking shots at how far we have fallen. One of the worst is a former lineman at Michigan who is still pissed he had to split a National Championship with us. Tired of my phone blowing up every time we can't get 11 players on the field on the first play after halftime.

I'll back Frost as hard as anyone but I do recognize reality. We just aren't good. Some has to do with talent. Some has to do with coaching. Some the ball just hasn't bounced our way. I'm the type of person that likes to take things into his own hands and make things happen instead of waiting for someone to tell me what/how to do something. To explain a little, I just need to be told once how to do something and then just let me figure it out through fire and reaction. So, in saying that, I tend to hold players more accountable for mistakes than coaches. To justify that, these are honestly high level athletes regardless of how the team plays overall. Some of our guys will end in the NFL at all levels of rosters. They aren't dumb. I I make a mistake in a game, blame it on me, not my coaches. They taught me right, and the way they believe is right, I have to execute.

Just my opinion.

I'll back Frost as hard as anyone but I do recognize reality. We just aren't good. Some has to do with talent. Some has to do with coaching. Some the ball just hasn't bounced our way. I'm the type of person that likes to take things into his own hands and make things happen instead of waiting for someone to tell me what/how to do something. To explain a little, I just need to be told once how to do something and then just let me figure it out through fire and reaction. So, in saying that, I tend to hold players more accountable for mistakes than coaches. To justify that, these are honestly high level athletes regardless of how the team plays overall. Some of our guys will end in the NFL at all levels of rosters. They aren't dumb. I I make a mistake in a game, blame it on me, not my coaches. They taught me right, and the way they believe is right, I have to execute.

Just my opinion.

How do you know the coaches are teaching them right though? Or am I reading your post wrong?

How do you know the coaches are teaching them right though? Or am I reading your post wrong?
You're reading it right. We don't know. But why wouldn't they? Or at least why wouldn't they teach what they thought was right? "what is right" has different definitions in football I guess.

Mikey sent me a DM a few days back warning me about "laying it on thick". I would screenshot but copyrighted material and all you know...

that’s actually pretty calm for him. I think he’s tried to take a step back from the board a little. I remember there were times years ago when he would unleash on posters and you could just tell he would’ve definitely physically fought someone about a harmless post.

Theme customization system

You can customize some areas of the forum theme from this menu.

• Wide/Narrow view

You can control a structure that you can use to use your theme wide or narrow.

Grid view forum list

You can control the layout of the forum list in a grid or ordinary listing style structure.

Picture grid mode

You can control the structure where you can open/close images in the grid forum list.

Close sidebar

You can get rid of the crowded view in the forum by closing the sidebar.

Fixed sidebar

You can make it more useful and easier to access by pinning the sidebar.

Close radius

You can use the radius at the corners of the blocks according to your taste by closing/opening it.

• Color combinations cannot be used

Color combinations are not available to you, this area may be restricted by administrators. Please contact the administrator for more information.

Backgrounds are not available!

Background checks are not available to you, this area may be restricted by administrators. Please contact the administrator for more information.

Back