Welcome to the forum 👋, Visitor

To access the forum content and all our services, you must register or log in to the forum. Becoming a member of the forum is completely free.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Fall camp thread 2024

Let me just say it was an absolute atrocity that there was no beer at this event. Ideal beer night. Pretty typical Sunday church atmosphere in memorial as usual these days

Random nugs I tried to grab I thought would be different

• Jacory Barney is real, real fast. He got a ton of targets and was pretty much always open. Couple of drops though

• Wrap Dylan in bubble wrap because we are screwed without him. He was by far and away the best QB. I would rank them:
  • 1. Raiola
  • Big Gap
  • 2. Gramstad. He’s small but was hitting open receivers
  • Big Gap
  • 3. Haarberg. Same old same old. Couple of ugly picks, wild overthrows, likes to run
  • 4. Kaelin. Looks like a freshman

• first team session Raiola threw a beauty fade to banks for a TD

• Haarberg threw an ugly pick to Ismael Smith Flores, who tipped it and it went to someone else

• Kaelin threw a couple ground balls and they turned it over on downs

• Buschini was awful. Punted about 10 times. Had 2 nice ones, 3/4 shanks, and the rest below average fly balls. Big problem

• Gramstad hit Coleman on a few beautiful 40 yard td passes

• I saw Carter Nelson make several nice catch and runs, boy is he skinny though

• I heard Donovan Raiola from the stands chewing ass several times. I think Fidone and Gibson Pyle were two recipients

• Vincent Carroll Jackson got singled out by Rhule for dogging it

• Gbayor stripped Ives on a play and Ives had a run

• Malachi Coleman visited the puke trash cans once or twice

• Keona Davis absolutely bull rushed and sat Brix flat on his back, had a TFL on n Rahmir for about -7 yards

• Saw Gage Stenger blow up a play and get to EJ

• There were a couple fights. Smaller one was Brice Turner and Quinn Clark after a rep. Clark won

• #91 missed a couple 30 yard field goals but then made a few longer. #90 was the best kicker

• I though Jacob Hood actually looked serviceable

Here's my random nuggets from a third practice in fall camp. Some grains of salt required.

Rhule's freshman always look the part. In the past we had highly ranked guys that showed up and they would look small or not ready to contribute.

This continues to look like the best group of WRs we have had in awhile
  • Neyor was a beast blocking on the outside and looks the part. (Does have an occasional drop that he needs to clean up)
  • Banks is a legit WR1
  • Barney is a playmaker but a bit undersized. Has to get off the line and protect the ball
  • Coleman has a good night. Multiple deep TDs and I thought he was good in the blocking drills
  • Carter Nelson is going to see the field this year.
RBs:
  • Emmett appears to still be the starter
  • Rahmir and Gabe both look fully healthy
  • Dowdell has some work to do. He was running with the 2s

CBs:
  • Ceyair Wright looked good. I think he will play this year
  • Starters tonight were Jeremiah Charles and Buford
  • Butler works with the corners and White works with the safeties in group work

Keona Davis will be good after a year of S&C.

Defense was tough in the 3rd and 4th down section of practice.

Raiola with a nice opening TD on a corner route to Banks.
Better get some tight security around DR. It's about to be whore season.
cloris leachman eating GIF

Let me just say it was an absolute atrocity that there was no beer at this event. Ideal beer night. Pretty typical Sunday church atmosphere in memorial as usual these days

• Jacory Barney is real, real fast. He got a ton of targets and was pretty much always open. Couple of drops though

• Wrap Dylan in bubble wrap because we are screwed without him. He was by far and away the best QB. I would rank them:
  • 1. Raiola
  • Big Gap
  • Big Gap
  • 3. Haarberg. Same old same old. Couple of ugly picks, wild overthrows, likes to run

• Haarberg threw an ugly pick to Ismael Smith Flores, who tipped it and it went to someone else

• Buschini was awful. Punted about 10 times. Had 2 nice ones, 3/4 shanks, and the rest below average fly balls. Big problem

• I heard Donovan Raiola from the stands chewing ass several times. I think Fidone and Gibson Pyle were two recipients

• Keona Davis absolutely bull rushed and sat Brix flat on his back, had a TFL on n Rahmir for about -7 yards

• There were a couple fights. Smaller one was Brice Turner and Quinn Clark after a rep. Clark won

• #91 missed a couple 30 yard field goals but then made a few longer. #90 was the best kicker

Was going to post my synopsis tonight but really this nails it.

I’ll just add, overall we are just absolutely loaded at WR. Neyor is an absolute beast. Banks is a beast. Barney is a playmaker. Malachi looked good. Hell, Nelson even looked good.

#90 on the edge was the guy that made me say “Man, give him a couple years and he’s going to be good”. Never looked him up but he stood out to me.

Dylan Raiola is an absolute star

Last edited:
Also, besides being about the fastest guy out there, the thing that stood out to me about Barney is he looks like he’s 5’5 130 pounds (exaggerating) but just has a knack for 50/50 balls.

It’s crazy that last year we didn’t have a guy we were confident with in a 50/50 ball. This year I’d like our odds with Neyor, Banks and Barney against a Big10 Corner.

I'm sure part of it is we always have athletes playing QB but Raiola seems to make it look effortless. Not necessarily just this clip but it reminded me of how he looks in others too. Definitely mature beyond his years.

I'm sure part of it is we always have athletes playing QB but Raiola seems to make it look effortless. Not necessarily just this clip but it reminded me of how he always looks. Definitely mature beyond his years.

Normally I’d be reserved with a True Freshman thinking “Yeah the talents there but there’s going to be times when he pushes too hard and makes bad decisions.”

It really seems like he operates more like a seasoned QB and just operates within the offense and gets the ball out quick and when he does take risks the ball always goes in a spot where the receiver can make a play and there’s no risk. I’d put pretty good money on him having under 10 INTs this year.

Normally I’d be reserved with a True Freshman thinking “Yeah the talents there but there’s going to be times when he pushes too hard and makes bad decisions.”

It really seems like he operates more like a seasoned QB and just operates within the offense and gets the ball out quick and when he does take risks the ball always goes in a spot where the receiver can make a play and there’s no risk. I’d put pretty good money on him having under 10 INTs this year.
Only slight reservation I have is that in the spring game, he seemed like he often locked onto his first read, and wasn't looking defenders off or going far into his progression. But even so he has the smarts to pick the correct initial read, and the arm talent to put the ball in the perfect spot.

• 1. Raiola
  • Big Gap
  • Big Gap

No doubt 19 is the 2nd best QB
Fun little athlete who knows how to run an offense. He will be stuck all year at #4 unless there is an “oh shit Dylan went down & we need to win games” moment. They won’t risk upsetting the guys on scholly but I really hope this kid gets time bc we are blowing people out. I was massively impressed by him. Legit looked like the #2 QB the way he moved thru progressions quickly, went to the right spot & put the ball where it should be. Also appears to be mobile & can move when things go to shit. Would legit be a really good G5 starting QB.
I also thought Bonner looked great. He’s going to be a part of this offense & probably have 4-5 TDs on the yr.
It’s exciting to think what Raiola will be in yr3 here. It’s not a stretch at all to see this kid will be a 1st round NFL draft pick. If LT isn’t a complete cluster fuk this yr the offense should be fun. I think there are enough options in the OL room that even if 69 & 65 completely suck ass & remain injury liabilities, we have enough to protect the franchise. Sad to say, I don’t see a redemption season for 69, hope I have to eat those words tho.

Was going to post my synopsis tonight but really this nails it.

I’ll just add, overall we are just absolutely loaded at WR. Neyor is an absolute beast. Banks is a beast. Barney is a playmaker. Malachi looked good. Hell, Nelson even looked good.

#90 on the edge was the guy that made me say “Man, give him a couple years and he’s going to be good”. Never looked him up but he stood out to me.

Dylan Raiola is an absolute star
90 is James Williams

Theme customization system

You can customize some areas of the forum theme from this menu.

• Wide/Narrow view

You can control a structure that you can use to use your theme wide or narrow.

Grid view forum list

You can control the layout of the forum list in a grid or ordinary listing style structure.

Picture grid mode

You can control the structure where you can open/close images in the grid forum list.

Close sidebar

You can get rid of the crowded view in the forum by closing the sidebar.

Fixed sidebar

You can make it more useful and easier to access by pinning the sidebar.

Close radius

You can use the radius at the corners of the blocks according to your taste by closing/opening it.

• Color combinations cannot be used

Color combinations are not available to you, this area may be restricted by administrators. Please contact the administrator for more information.

Backgrounds are not available!

Background checks are not available to you, this area may be restricted by administrators. Please contact the administrator for more information.

Back