Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

ESPN FPI (1 Viewer)

Faux Sean Callahan

Head Coach
Insider
tPB OG
yes it does

drink the kool aid

Frost is going to win 7+ and be our coach for the next 20 years
On a serious note, I really hope he does. The upside of him doing it seems to be there. The money likes him, I think he will be here for the next 20 years if he could choose and he made some incredible hires.

Seems like he has a very high ceiling (maybe highest since TO) when you consider the above.

Problem is his youth/maturity proved his floor is very low.

Kaladin

Professor of Aesthetics / Positive Boogeyman
Elite Member
On a serious note, I really hope he does. The upside of him doing it seems to be there. The money likes him, I think he will be here for the next 20 years if he could choose and he made some incredible hires.

Seems like he has a very high ceiling (maybe highest since TO) when you consider the above.

I'm excited to see what he can do with an upgraded coaching staff, though the Riaola hire is a little concerning. Hopefully Donny is a dude and he turns our o-line around.

I wonder how much different Frost's first 4 years would have been if Turd Alberts was the AD the entire time. The wild west AD culture didn't help him any.

Jim14510

GOD MOD
Admin
Elite Member
tPB OG

I love your optimism. Minnesota 2020 absolutely broke me.

Baron Winnebago

Scrote Statistician
Elite Member
tPB OG

Why does he have a high ceiling?

Faux Sean Callahan

Head Coach
Insider
tPB OG
I love your optimism. Minnesota 2020 absolutely broke me.
I'm not saying it is likely...

I just feel between his longevity, how certain people in this state like him and a few other things are there that give him a high ceiling if he figures out how to be a HC.

slattimer

Quarterback
Insider
GIF Master
tPB OG
Why does he have a high ceiling?
For me personally, I think it's a combination of a few things.
#1 - The media loves him when he's done well - recruiting, start to improve here, it'll be noticed.
#2 - The stuff they do on offense is good, he knows it, it's good stuff - but it's been shit here for a variety of reasons, mostly OL play, Turnovers, and QB reads IMO.
#3 - I think last year showed that despite an epic bed shitting in games, they can compete with everyone.

I've listened to him several times talking football, both offense, defense, tackling. It's good stuff. If, and a big if, they can turn that shit around and quit the epic bed shitting, I don't see why they can't compete at those levels of Pelini teams, but not get the doors blown off them in big games.

Faux Sean Callahan

Head Coach
Insider
tPB OG
For me personally, I think it's a combination of a few things.
#1 - The media loves him when he's done well - recruiting, start to improve here, it'll be noticed.
#2 - The stuff they do on offense is good, he knows it, it's good stuff - but it's been shit here for a variety of reasons, mostly OL play, Turnovers, and QB reads IMO.
#3 - I think last year showed that despite an epic bed shitting in games, they can compete with everyone.

I've listened to him several times talking football, both offense, defense, tackling. It's good stuff. If, and a big if, they can turn that shit around and quit the epic bed shitting, I don't see why they can't compete at those levels of Pelini teams, but not get the doors blown off them in big games.
I think Frost has a higher ceiling than Bo mainly because...

1. Turd... I think Turd will get Frost Damm near anything. I remember stories of Bo being told no on jets I want to say to help recruiting. Bo had TO who probably shouldn't have been the AD as long as he was, but ADSE was awful. Basically clipped the football programs nuts rather than try to build it.

2. Frost is liked. I get the sense a lot of the money and fan base likes Frost.

3. Roster management. I feel if Bo would have recruited and managed his roster at this level he would've taken that next step. I think if Nebraska starts winning their recruiting will take off. Shit look at the fucking talent they had at the spring game.

4. You mentioned x's and o's.

Bo's time has aged pretty well.

Frost strikes me as a hell of an assistant coach, but obviously has struggle to make the switch to being the man.

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds