Welcome to The Platinum Board

We are a Nebraska Husker fan community. Please either login or register for an account

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

ESPN FPI

I think we should make a push for getting rid of kickoffs and punting. We can propose it under the guise they're the most dangerous plays in the game.

After a TD or FG the other team gets the ball at the 25. If you want to "punt" the other team gets the ball 45 yards from the line of scrimmage or the 10 yard line.
Fuck we should just go full Kevin Kelly and just never punt or kick it deep.

As I posted on the 24/7 board, Nebraska is going to break this computer. These algorithims are formulated by previous outcomes. Their predictive outlooks are built around historical trends and percentages at virtually every juncture of a football game.

Historically speaking, there have not been enough teams like Nebraska in 2021 to help guide the FPI. The computer has never seen such porous special teams play from a team with a top 20 defense and a top 45 offense.

Saw we're currently, through 5 games, performing 1.6 wins worse than expected.
Yup... If we were to replay the games FPI had us winning the Illinois game something like 80%+ the time. Also, Sparty was a toss up hence the half, but I think that game shouldn't be a toss up.

Basically where FPI has us is an 8 win team if we replay this year. Which I saw they said the average top 5 team would have 9.5 wins with our schedule. That should tell you what they think about our team.

Michigan's offense is ranked 5th in efficiency, their defense is 14th, and their special teams is 1st.

Nebraska offense is ranked 27th, defense is 16th, and special teams is 128th.

On a side note, Wisconsin's special teams is ranked 129th.

Let’s be honest, Michigan’s has yet to play anyone with a pulse this year. Washington lost to a FCS school and Rutgers gave them all they can handle. Really thought Wisconsin would give them a better run for their money, but I thought they lost their QB in that game as well. Should be a good game never the least.

Let’s be honest, Michigan’s has yet to play anyone with a pulse this year. Washington lost to a FCS school and Rutgers gave them all they can handle. Really thought Wisconsin would give them a better run for their money, but I thought they lost their QB in that game as well. Should be a good game never the least.
Worse case scenario we’ll be the best 4 loss team in the country after next week.

We are now ranked 21st in FPI, up two spots.

Cockeye has fallen to 20th.

Theme customization system

You can customize some areas of the forum theme from this menu.

• Wide/Narrow view

You can control a structure that you can use to use your theme wide or narrow.

Grid view forum list

You can control the layout of the forum list in a grid or ordinary listing style structure.

Close sidebar

You can get rid of the crowded view in the forum by closing the sidebar.

Fixed sidebar

You can make it more useful and easier to access by pinning the sidebar.

• Color combinations cannot be used

Color combinations are not available to you, this area may be restricted by administrators. Please contact the administrator for more information.

Color gradient backgrounds
Back