Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Nebraska ESPN FPI Analytics for 2023 (2 Viewers)

herbsinator

Running Back
Elite Member
I’m going to unskew these results. If we started HH and didn’t turnover the ball, I think we would have handled Minnesota. In reality, I think we’re closer to Rutgers/Cockeye assuming (big time IF) we don’t turnover the ball.

Call me crazy, but I could see 4 wins out of Illinois, Nebraska, Purdue, Michigan State and Cockeye. Illinois and Cockeye are particularly good match ups for our D. However, it will take us not completely choking games away, which is not something we’ve been able to do for about the past decade.

Goskers07

Wide Receiver
Elite Member
tPB OG
I’m going to unskew these results. If we started HH and didn’t turnover the ball, I think we would have handled Minnesota. In reality, I think we’re closer to Rutgers/Cockeye assuming (big time IF) we don’t turnover the ball.

Call me crazy, but I could see 4 wins out of Illinois, Nebraska, Purdue, Michigan State and Cockeye. Illinois and Cockeye are particularly good match ups for our D. However, it will take us not completely choking games away, which is not something we’ve been able to do for about the past decade.
If we don't turn over the ball, we are 3-1, maybe even 4-0 right now. You're right in that 4 more wins is a possibility if we can keep turnovers down. There's really no "dominant" team left on our schedule besides Michigan.

I've said it before, but running the ball well and not turning it over will win a lot of games in the west. Let's see if they can continue to do both.

Carm

Graduate Assistant
Recruiting Analyst
Insider
Elite Member
tPB OG
However, it will take us not completely choking games away, which is not something we’ve been able to do for about the past decade.

More important than anything schematic. All the close losses in the last 5-6 years tells us we have a culture that subconsciously has the belief we can’t win, it isn’t bad luck. Single biggest thing Rhule has to change to move the program forward. Otherwise it won’t matter what offense we run we will find a way to lose.

Cornicator

Cornerback
Insider
I still can't comprehend how Maryland has lost 3 straight, including back to back games vs. Illinois and Northwestern, but has only dropped 11 spots in the Power rankings. There is no way they are the 32nd best team in the country.

stonesak

Wave goodbye now, it's time for you to go
I still can't comprehend how Maryland has lost 3 straight, including back to back games vs. Illinois and Northwestern, but has only dropped 11 spots in the Power rankings. There is no way they are the 32nd best team in the country.
FPI obviously values losing pretty over winning ugly.

herbsinator

Running Back
Elite Member
I also looked at their schedule and they haven’t beat anyone worth a shit.

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds