Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Doomsday Clock (1 Viewer)

Baron Winnebago

Scrote Statistician
Elite Member
tPB OG
Social media has done far more damage than good since it was created
Happy Adam Scott GIF by Sky

CornFed Gregger

Offensive Lineman
Elite Member
Social media is a bigger threat than a nuclear bomb
We’ve already seen humanity on the verge of tearing itself apart within a decade of its inception
In other words…
Animated GIF
The $$$ controls the town hall. Insert bots to control the narrative & divide the masses so the sheep stay in their pens

DrumMonkeyRobot

Cornerback
Elite Member
I swear I have seen this exact headline about 10 times in the last few years. Do they just move it up by one second so they can get the headline "closest it's ever been"?
And what do you propose they gain by "getting the headline?"

DrumMonkeyRobot

Cornerback
Elite Member
I swear I have seen this exact headline about 10 times in the last few years. Do they just move it up by one second so they can get the headline "closest it's ever been"?
2010: 6 minutes
2011: 5 minutes
2012: 5 minutes
2013 - 2014: no report issued
2015: 3 minutes
2016: 2 minutes
2017: 2 minutes
2018: 2 minutes
2019: 100 seconds
2020: 100 seconds
2021: no report
2022: 90 seconds

2010sarenevercoming

5 Star Punter
Elite Member
2010: 6 minutes
2011: 5 minutes
2012: 5 minutes
2013 - 2014: no report issued
2015: 3 minutes
2016: 2 minutes
2017: 2 minutes
2018: 2 minutes
2019: 100 seconds
2020: 100 seconds
2021: no report
2022: 90 seconds
So they've got another 5-10 years to milk this thing before they come up with a new grift.

DrumMonkeyRobot

Cornerback
Elite Member
Clicks, yo. Clicks.

So they've got another 5-10 years to milk this thing before they come up with a new grift.
Why are people so pessimistic? Are you guys projecting? Like, you can't imagine anyone doing something for any reason other than money or fame because that's the only thing that motivates you? Maybe, just maybe, there are people out there who actually see a very serious problem, and this is the best way they can come up with to try and warn people and or do something about it. I will admit I could be wrong, and they may be in it for the fame/money/prestige. But to view the world through the lens that everyone is greedy and self-serving seems like a shitty way to live your life and view other people, especially when they seem to be trying to use their position to make a difference.

I'll get off my soapbox now.

Damar Hamlin is definitely dead and/or a lizard person.

DrumMonkeyRobot

Cornerback
Elite Member
Literally the opposite. The doom & gloomers are wrong.

In your summary for the last 10 years, the time never gets further from midnight, which should be a gigantic flashing clue.
"The clock's original setting in 1947 was seven minutes to midnight. It has since been set backward eight times and forward 17 times for a total of 25, the farthest from midnight being 17 minutes in 1991, and the nearest being 90 seconds, set on January 24, 2023."

ChocaEgg

Ghost of Kiev 👻
Elite Member
Why are people so pessimistic? Are you guys projecting? Like, you can't imagine anyone doing something for any reason other than money or fame because that's the only thing that motivates you? Maybe, just maybe, there are people out there who actually see a very serious problem, and this is the best way they can come up with to try and warn people and or do something about it. I will admit I could be wrong, and they may be in it for the fame/money/prestige. But to view the world through the lens that everyone is greedy and self-serving seems like a shitty way to live your life and view other people, especially when they seem to be trying to use their position to make a difference.

I'll get off my soapbox now.

Damar Hamlin is definitely dead and/or a lizard person.
I may have missed it, but what was the reasoning behind moving it closer to midnight this time?

DrumMonkeyRobot

Cornerback
Elite Member
Literally the opposite. The doom & gloomers are wrong.

In your summary for the last 10 years, the time never gets further from midnight, which should be a gigantic flashing clue.
By "pessimistic" I mean your pessimism is directed at the intentions of other people. Not as an outlook on life in general.

DrumMonkeyRobot

Cornerback
Elite Member
I may have missed it, but what was the reasoning behind moving it closer to midnight this time?
Their primary reason was stated as the war in Ukraine. I think it makes sense based on Putin continually threatening to use nukes.

David Webb

JCTJB
Elite Member
"The clock's original setting in 1947 was seven minutes to midnight. It has since been set backward eight times and forward 17 times for a total of 25, the farthest from midnight being 17 minutes in 1991, and the nearest being 90 seconds, set on January 24, 2023."
Can you honestly say you think we are closer to “doomsday” than any other point since 1947?

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds