Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Donovan Raiola (1 Viewer)

Kaladin

Professor of Aesthetics / Positive Boogeyman
Elite Member
Are we actually looking at him being our OL coach?

He doesn't exactly have a lot of coaching experience.

Bootleg11

Graduate Assistant
Elite Member
That would be a gamble. But..played in the Big 10, GA at Notre Dame, now coaches for the Bears and they are all about to get fired because Nagy is terrible. My question for anybody that hasn't been a full time power 5 guy....are they willing to put in the hours to actually recruit.

Again this may just be a 1 year experiment and they are just going to be replacing the entire staff anyways

Baron Winnebago

Scrote Statistician
Elite Member
tPB OG
Assistant OL coach.

I feel like we are just hiring Greg Austin again.
Austin was an Oregon GA, then Philadelphia Eagles Assistant OL coach, then UCF OL coach.

So basically identical resumes.

Also WTF input is the new OC even having if we're just going to go hire the Nebraska fan wet dream of guys who played for or have significant ties to the program? We bringing in Tommie Frazier to OC?

Bootleg11

Graduate Assistant
Elite Member
Austin was an Oregon GA, then Philadelphia Eagles Assistant OL coach, then UCF OL coach.

Also WTF input is the new OC even having if we're just going to go hire the Nebraska fan wet dream of guys who played for or have significant ties to the program? We bringing in Tommie Frazier to OC?
Maybe the new OC is helping make the hires.

...TrueColors...

Graduate Assistant
Insider

I think the guy has already been hired

Jim14510

GOD MOD
Admin
Elite Member
tPB OG
It's possible that he's better than Austin. I just had it in my mind that we were going to go get someone with a bunch of P5/NFL experience.
I'd take NFL over college as long as they had some college experience. Have to know whether you can connect with the kids at that age. He's pretty limited all together. 3 years as an assistant oline coach. 4 years in college including his intern year.

dsbigred1

Wide Receiver
tPB OG
It's possible that he's better than Austin. I just had it in my mind that we were going to go get someone with a bunch of P5/NFL experience.
I hope no matter who takes any of the positions that there are no longer grumblings about them not having final say in personnel etc. No idea of the truth behind those claims, but even the speculation of it undermines credibility of everyone.

DuckSker

RedSeaFarts=Sandalwood
Elite Member
Does hiring him even affect Dylan’s decision? Unless he is super close with his uncle. Seems like we are reaching thinking Dylan will follow his uncle.

I like Doug Nussmeier as QB/ OC. Currently QB coach with the Cowboys. His son Garrett was a high four star QB recruit who just redshirted at LSU.

If it means him following dad, id go after him. QB will be just as important next year as the assistant hires.

...TrueColors...

Graduate Assistant
Insider
Does hiring him even affect Dylan’s decision? Unless he is super close with his uncle. Seems like we are reaching thinking Dylan will follow his uncle.

I like Doug Nussmeier as QB/ OC. Currently QB coach with the Cowboys. His son Garrett was a high four star QB recruit who just redshirted at LSU.

If it means him following dad, id go after him. QB will be just as important next year as the assistant hires.

I’ve actually met Doug a number of times when he was the OC at Alabama. He was recruiting Jake Waters when he was at IWCC. I can’t remember who Bama had at QB that year, but they were planning on putting pressure on him for a decision on whether he was coming back or going to the NFL. It might have been McElroy. But if McElroy was going pro they were going to offer Jake Waters.

I wanna say DN has since been at Florida and Michigan.

Huskerzz9457

Offensive Lineman
tPB OG
There is no worse than Austin, anything is an upgrade in my eyes :ROFLMAO:

Jim14510

GOD MOD
Admin
Elite Member
tPB OG
Does hiring him even affect Dylan’s decision?
I mean if they hired him I'd guess that was arranged. Hire my bro and my kid will commit. If Frost gets fired next year bro has a year of P5 experience to get him better job offers and Dylan can still jump ship before signing day.

If he doesn't get fired that would mean Nebraska won some games and turned the corner? I can't imagine they keep Frost without minimum getting to a bowl game but I thought the same thing going into this year.

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds