Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Do you believe Nebraska can play an error free game on Special Teams? (1 Viewer)

Cornicator

Cornerback
Insider
If not, then Michigan State has a great chance to win on Saturday.

If Yes, then Nebraska will win a road game over a ranked opponent. Why, because the Huskers matchup extremely well on both sides of the football.

Nebraska's coaches know this. The Nebraska players know this, and I suspect Tucker and his staff know this as well.

Mel Tucker is making a vocal plea for the Spartan crowd to be crazy, rowdy, and vocal. He is doing this because he knows his team is not good enough to beat Nebraska without help from both a raucous Environment and Nebraska mistakes.

Nebraska is good enough to beat this team by double digits and bad enough in the 3rd phase to lose by 10.

Should be really fascinating.

Kaladin

Professor of Aesthetics / Positive Boogeyman
Elite Member
We should assume that Culp will miss at least one field goal. Outside of that, there won't be any other special teams mistakes and we win by double digits.

NeAz

Linebacker
Elite Member
lmao-crying-laughing.gif

lee_carvallo_12

Quarterback
Elite Member
tPB OG
they just need to simplify it to the point of elementary school special teams.
  1. fair catch every kick and every punt.
  2. no more FG's. go for every 4th down on the opponent's side of the 50.
  3. continue to kick it through the back of the end zone on KO's.
  4. no more cerni. will p. is the punter.

Cash68847

Offensive Coordinator
Elite Member
tPB OG
If not, then Michigan State has a great chance to win on Saturday.

If Yes, then Nebraska will win a road game over a ranked opponent. Why, because the Huskers matchup extremely well on both sides of the football.

Nebraska's coaches know this. The Nebraska players know this, and I suspect Tucker and his staff know this as well.

Mel Tucker is making a vocal plea for the Spartan crowd to be crazy, rowdy, and vocal. He is doing this because he knows his team is not good enough to beat Nebraska without help from both a raucous Environment and Nebraska mistakes.

Nebraska is good enough to beat this team by double digits and bad enough in the 3rd phase to lose by 10.

Should be really fascinating.
I still don’t have faith in our offense either. If our offensive line continues to suck we will score in the low 20s at best. That means we can have a game on special teams where we don’t screw up and still lose.

lee_carvallo_12

Quarterback
Elite Member
tPB OG
We should assume that Culp will miss at least one field goal. Outside of that, there won't be any other special teams mistakes and we win by double digits.
don't even give him the opportunity to miss. go for it instead. even if it's 4th and 12.

Cornicator

Cornerback
Insider
I still don’t have faith in our offense either. If our offensive line continues to suck we will score in the low 20s at best. That means we can have a game on special teams where we don’t screw up and still lose.

You don't have to possess much faith in Nebraska's offense, but the Michigan State defense is really overvalued at this point.

Alcaus

Quarterback
Elite Member
tPB OG
I’m interested to see how the defense plays MSU. Do we just sell out against the run and force MSU to pass?

Rush D hasn’t been exceptional this year but Scoring D has been pretty good.

My concern is that MSU controls ToP, Nebraska makes 1 or 2 mistakes, and game/clock management can’t overcome needing a score to win late.

Add in the comparison in RZ efficiency between MSU/Neb (MSU holds a serious edge) and it requires a mistake-free evening on the road in a top-25 game.

tman87

Offensive Lineman
Elite Member
Seeing as we have special teams fuckups every game, and lately the fuckups have been so bad they cost us our two losses, not a high confidence level they will be perfect on special teams. But one can hope for no big screwups at least. One would hope they will play it safe and just fair catch punts/kickoffs. Probably won't try a FG unless we have to. PAT's - can't miss any more of those.

O Line - no reason to have much confidence in them. Just hope for a little improvement, and a few fewer penalties.

Defense has to keep their RB in check some. We didn't seem to get runners off their feet very well in the OU game. YAC was too high. I bet there were 5 plays or more where we had the RB for a loss, but one or more tacklers didn't make the tackle and the OU RB ended up making yards instead of a loss. Gotta get better at that aspect.

DrinkItIn

Running Back
Elite Member
tPB OG
Nope. Not just special teams either. Oline will most likely not play a clean game either.

Hopefully, they can overcome the sloppiness and win.

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds