Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Do you believe Nebraska can play an error free game on Special Teams? (1 Viewer)

hothouse_corn

Wide Receiver
Can they? Absolutely. Will they? Who the fuck knows

This is very close to the right answer.

I think Michigan St is getting way too much credit right now. I think if we play like we did against Oklahoma we win easily. If we play like we did against Illinois we lose badly. Obviously they are capable of either.

I think Jim is right, too.

To OP's question "do you believe Nebraska is capable of an error free game on ST," yes, they're capable of that.

Should you or I have any confidence of it happening? Fuck no. But, I'm still hopeful. If a blind squirrel finds nuts every once in a while, of course previously bad special teams units could have an error free game. It would hopefully be "progress," rather than an outlier.

Last edited:

Faux Sean Callahan

Head Coach
Insider
tPB OG
You don't have to possess much faith in Nebraska's offense, but the Michigan State defense is really overvalued at this point.
I agree with this...

108th in pass defense and we will have the best WRs/QB/TE combo they have faced yet.

46th at rush defense. I also think Nebraska's rushing attack was starting to find itself last week vs OU.

Pipe Line

Graduate Assistant
Elite Member
This is very close to the right answer.

I think Jim is right, too.

To OP's question "do you believe Nebraska is capable of an error free game on ST," yes, they're capable of that.

Should you or I have any confidence of it happening? Fuck no. But, I'm still hopeful. If a blind squirrel finds nuts every once in a while, of course previously bad special teams units could have an error free game. It would hopefully be "progress," rather than an outlier.
It’s wild cause I feel like what we’re asking them to do in special teams is pretty elementary shit, and we have to ask if they’re capable. Yes, certainly capable of making PATs, reasonable field goal attempts, and not looking terrible on punt returns. Tough to believe those 3 aspects are a struggle right now

Baron Winnebago

Scrote Statistician
Elite Member
tPB OG
It’s wild cause I feel like what we’re asking them to do in special teams is pretty elementary shit, and we have to ask if they’re capable. Yes, certainly capable of making PATs, reasonable field goal attempts, and not looking terrible on punt returns. Tough to believe those 3 aspects are a struggle right now
Kick returns are pretty piss poor too.

doublewing

Running Back
I think Michigan St is getting way too much credit right now. I think if we play like we did against Oklahoma we win easily. If we play like we did against Illinois we lose badly. Obviously they are capable of either.
Agreed that Michigan State is getting too much credit. I think they are a good team and Tucker is doing good things, but they'll come down to earth during B10 play.

That said I also find the same true with OU. They have good athletes like they always do but Spencer Rattler is not the dynamic player or leader like they had in Mayfield, Hurts, or Murray. Originally I thought they'd waltz through the B12 season only to get their beat down in the playoffs, but I think they drop one or two and don't make the playoffs this season.

Blackshirts_Win_'ships

Running Back
Elite Member
tPB OG
We should probably consider going for two after each score.
hungry GIF by SB Nation

slattimer

Quarterback
Insider
GIF Master
tPB OG
This is akin to Tone's thread with the title "I win," but I appreciate that you didn't start a new thread for this post.

NU special teams are ruled 100% by Murphy's Law and its corollaries, evidently.
Yeah, it's a dick move, but I've had enough beers to say fuck it.

hothouse_corn

Wide Receiver
Yeah, it's a dick move, but I've had enough beers to say fuck it.

Me too. I hope I don't regret it in the morning.

What can we say about the ST errors all being different than the expected ones? Honestly, I hope we're using less-than-lethal rounds for all the self-dick shootings. Otherwise, urinals will be really unsanitary.

Cornicator

Cornerback
Insider
I watch a lot of football, college and pro. The only time I even notice the substantial impact of special teams is when I watch Nebraska football.

It's so comical despite the sadness.

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds