Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Almost 1 in 5 believe they could beat a chimp in a fight…who’s the retard on the board? (1 Viewer)

Black Dean

Dean but also Black
Insider
tPB OG
Below is the % people think they could beat these animals in a fight. Answer yes and no if you could and how long the fight would last for. You’re in a UFC style octagon with your opponent and can’t leave till one is dead.

• RAT - 72%
  • HOUSE CAT - 69%
  • GOOSE - 71%
  • MEDIUM-SIZED DOG - 49%
  • EAGLE - 30%
  • LARGE DOG - 23%
  • CHIMPANZEE - 17%
  • KING COBRA - 15%
  • KANGAROO - 14%
  • WOLF - 12%
  • CROCODILE - 9%
  • GORILLA - 8%
  • ELEPHANT - 8%
  • LION - 8%
  • GRIZZLY BEAR - 6%

Rat - yes (1:00 minute tops)
House Cat - yes (5:00 minutes tops)
Goose - yes (3:00 minutes tops)
Medium size dog - yes (10:00 minutes)
Eagle - yes (15:00 minutes)

Large dog - no (20:00 minutes)
Chimp - hell no (3:00 minutes)
Kangaroo - no (9:00 minutes)
Wolf - no (8:00 minutes)
Crocodile- no (3:00 minutes)
Gorilla - no (1:00 minute or less)
Elephant - “”
Lion - “”
Grizzly bear - “”

King cobra - split decision - we both die. I’d get bit but still kill it.

2010sarenevercoming

5 Star Punter
Elite Member
Below is the % people think they could beat these animals in a fight. Answer yes and no if you could and how long the fight would last for. You’re in a UFC style octagon with your opponent and can’t leave till one is dead.

• RAT - 72%
  • HOUSE CAT - 69%
  • GOOSE - 71%
  • MEDIUM-SIZED DOG - 49%
  • EAGLE - 30%
  • LARGE DOG - 23%
  • CHIMPANZEE - 17%
  • KING COBRA - 15%
  • KANGAROO - 14%
  • WOLF - 12%
  • CROCODILE - 9%
  • GORILLA - 8%
  • ELEPHANT - 8%
  • LION - 8%
  • GRIZZLY BEAR - 6%

Rat - yes (1:00 minute tops)
House Cat - yes (5:00 minutes tops)
Goose - yes (3:00 minutes tops)
Medium size dog - yes (10:00 minutes)
Eagle - yes (15:00 minutes)

Large dog - no (20:00 minutes)
Chimp - hell no (3:00 minutes)
Kangaroo - no (9:00 minutes)
Wolf - no (8:00 minutes)
Crocodile- no (3:00 minutes)
Gorilla - no (1:00 minute or less)
Elephant - “”
Lion - “”
Grizzly bear - “”

King cobra - split decision - we both die. I’d get bit but still kill it.
Rat - yes, but catching the thing could take a while. Within 30 seconds from when I grab it.
House cat - yes, maybe 3 minutes.
Goose - yes, but this is going to suck balls, and it's going to mess me up. 10 minutes.
Medium size dog - yes, 7 minutes.
Eagle - probably worse than the goose, but I'll say yes, 15 minutes.
Large dog - 50/50 shot, depends on if I can overcome the excruciating pain for the fatal move. Probably over in 15 minutes one way or the other.
Chimp - I'm dead in 2 minutes.
Kangaroo - I don't like my chances, probably a 30 minute battle of attrition.
Wolf - opposable thumbs give me a hail Mary shot, but most likely I'm done within 5 minutes.
Crocodile- might have a chance here. Involves jumping on its back & tying its jaws shut with my shirt. If I make that jump, maybe I can bludgeon the right spots for a couple hours.
Gorilla - lmao, if I make it 30 seconds, it's a miracle.
Elephant- I can maybe elude it for a little while, but not more than 15 minutes.
Lion - see gorilla.
Grizzly bear- see lion.
King cobra - I watched Steve Irwin, but still probably no. However long the venom takes to work.

LoudHogRider

Yells at Clouds
Elite Member
tPB OG
Which “hand cannon” can I bring into the octagon with me? Because mankind’s best weapon is our mind, and we used part of that mental capability to invent weapons to keep us safe from the bottom part of that list.

If it’s just hands, I’d win up to the large dog category (I was raised with shepherds and huskies - not afraid of large dogs and know how to defeat them). Everything after that, I’m going to need someone to deliver a stirring eulogy.

Jim14510

GOD MOD
Admin
Elite Member
tPB OG
Rat - yes, but catching the thing could take a while. Within 30 seconds from when I grab it.
House cat - yes, maybe 3 minutes.
Goose - yes, but this is going to suck balls, and it's going to mess me up. 10 minutes.
Medium size dog - yes, 7 minutes.
Eagle - probably worse than the goose, but I'll say yes, 15 minutes.
Large dog - 50/50 shot, depends on if I can overcome the excruciating pain for the fatal move. Probably over in 15 minutes one way or the other.
Chimp - I'm dead in 2 minutes.
Kangaroo - I don't like my chances, probably a 30 minute battle of attrition.
Wolf - opposable thumbs give me a hail Mary shot, but most likely I'm done within 5 minutes.
Crocodile- might have a chance here. Involves jumping on its back & tying its jaws shut with my shirt. If I make that jump, maybe I can bludgeon the right spots for a couple hours.
Gorilla - lmao, if I make it 30 seconds, it's a miracle.
Elephant- I can maybe elude it for a little while, but not more than 15 minutes.
Lion - see gorilla.
Grizzly bear- see lion.
King cobra - I watched Steve Irwin, but still probably no. However long the venom takes to work.
I'm with you on everything except maybe large dog and wolf. Agree could go either way with the large dog but I'd give myself better than 50/50. More like 70/30.

Wolf by itself probably 50/50. It's really not significantly different from big dog. Problem in reality would be more wolves. Drops to like 20/80 with 2. 3 or more see lion, bear, gorilla because there's no chance you could keep 3 at bay for very long without a weapon of some sort.

LoudHogRider

Yells at Clouds
Elite Member
tPB OG
I'm with you on everything except maybe large dog and wolf. Agree could go either way with the large dog but I'd give myself better than 50/50. More like 70/30.

Wolf by itself probably 50/50. It's really not significantly different from big dog. Problem in reality would be more wolves. Drops to like 20/80 with 2. 3 or more see lion, bear, gorilla because there's no chance you could keep 3 at bay for very long without a weapon of some sort.
Have you ever seen a Timberwolf in real life? They’re YUGE. I cannot imagine defeating one, even a lone wolf, even in my prime. No way. Terrifying critters without a weapon to flip the odds.

Jim14510

GOD MOD
Admin
Elite Member
tPB OG
Have you ever seen a Timberwolf in real life? They’re YUGE. I cannot imagine defeating one, even a lone wolf, even in my prime. No way. Terrifying critters without a weapon to flip the odds.
I've seen them but not super close. I figure 50/50 I get lucky and get a grip on its throat or get a finger in the eyeball or something.

Kaladin

Professor of Aesthetics / Positive Boogeyman
Elite Member
Yeah there's an off chance the bear gets bored of you and you're not dead. Zero chance you win in a fight. Exactly zero. Even with a knife you're chances are what? 2%?
I guess if you throw the knife at it’s head and it goes through the eye you might be able to get out of there

LoudHogRider

Yells at Clouds
Elite Member
tPB OG
I've seen them but not super close. I figure 50/50 I get lucky and get a grip on its throat or get a finger in the eyeball or something.
iu

iu

iu

iu

Herbie

Quarterback
Rat - yes, pick it up and fucking gronk spike it
House Cat - yes, punt straight to hell
Goose - yes, just get the throat and squeeze the life out
Medium size dog - yes, snuggle it then CRACK. Next.
Eagle - no, killing a migratory bird and dealing with the feds seems like a real boner killer.
Large dog - yes. Seem medium dog.
Chimp - yes, they are hairy human kids. Give me a few minutes.
Cobra - nah fuck that
Kangaroo - yes, rko that bitch
Wolf - I’m dead
Crocodile- I’m dead
Gorilla - I’m dead
Elephant - I’m dead
Lion - I’m dead
Grizzly bear - I’m dead

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds