Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Dillon Gabriel to UCLA (2 Viewers)

MtnHusker

Heisman Winner
Insider
Elite Member
tPB OG
Was Ole Miss one of the favorites for him? With Brennan staying at LSU I am wondering who our top QB target is? Time for Mr Whipple to stop squeezing the Charmin and find us a highly talented Pigskin Slinger.

Skerz4Life50

Cornerback
Elite Member
Interesting decision with DTR possibly staying another year. Maybe this means he is turning pro.

rushmorehusker

Bench Warmer
Actually... we never really offers him... so my next question is.. who are we looking at??? It’s the best kept secret ever...

Skerz4Life50

Cornerback
Elite Member
Out of the Top 15 portal QBs on 247, 5 have committed, 2 seem like their destinations may be known, and 1 was a former 4 year starter here. So 8 are still available.

Top remaining are (247 ranking at front):
#2 Cameron Ward (Incarnate Ward)
#6 Kedon Slovis (USC)
#7 Zach Calzada (TAMU)
#10 Harrison Bailey (UTjr)
#11 Jack Miller (tOSU)

*Edit: Just for reference, Martinez is the #12 available QB in the portal, so the 5 listed are all supposedly better options.

Last edited:

vailhusker

Heisman Winner
Insider
Out of the Top 15 portal QBs on 247, 5 have committed, 2 seem like their destinations may be known, and 1 was a former 4 year starter here. So 8 are still available.

Top remaining are (247 ranking at front):
#2 Cameron Ward (Incarnate Ward)
#6 Kedon Slovis (USC)
#7 Zach Calzada (TAMU)
#10 Harrison Bailey (UTjr)
#11 Jack Miller (tOSU)

*Edit: Just for reference, Martinez is the #12 available QB in the portal, so the 5 listed are all supposedly better options.
#5 Max Johnson (LSU) - 2 CBs to A&M

The guy we told "no we're good"
#9 Zach Gibson (Akron) - 1 CB to Georgia Tech

dsbigred1

Wide Receiver
tPB OG
Sean Connery Drinks GIF by James Bond 007

Bootleg11

Graduate Assistant
Elite Member
Actually... we never really offers him... so my next question is.. who are we looking at??? It’s the best kept secret ever...
I mean you have to think they are looking at somebody right? Or does Whipple like the film of Smothers and is going to roll with him? I can't imagine they'd do that on a year where they likely will know if they are keeping their job or not by mid October

Skerz4Life50

Cornerback
Elite Member
#5 Max Johnson (LSU) - 2 CBs to A&M

The guy we told "no we're good"
#9 Zach Gibson (Akron) - 1 CB to Georgia Tech
Yeah those were the guys I said "seem their destinations are known", but I probably should've included them. I was going off the crystal balls. My bad.

vailhusker

Heisman Winner
Insider
Yeah those were the guys I said "seem their destinations are known", but I probably should've included them. I was going off the crystal balls. My bad.
No, you're good I was just wondering where Max Johnson was. Thanks for the info.

Bootleg11

Graduate Assistant
Elite Member
According to 247 - 3 years.

I'm surprised to see Max Johnson and A&M...

A&M has Haynes King coming off of injury. Guy is a hell of a player. And they have 5 Star Connor Weigman coming in 2022 (I assume early enrollee). If that puts Haynes King into the portal they should call Coach King down at Longview TX and get his son to Lincoln ASAP

David Webb

JCTJB
Elite Member
Do we think there are good available quarterbacks out there who want to transfer to a 3-9 team that has a coach on the ultimate hot seat?

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds