Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Dillon Gabriel to UCLA (1 Viewer)

Bootleg11

Graduate Assistant
Elite Member
Do we think there are good available quarterbacks out there who want to transfer to a 3-9 team that has a coach on the ultimate hot seat?
Definitely wouldn't be for everybody but you approach it as...getting to play for Whipple who literally just developed a guy into a heisman finalist and 1st round draft pick, a team that was a few QB mistakes and a kicker away from being 9-3 but has an easier schedule in 2022, and you get to play in the Big 10, which isn't the same appeal as playing in the SEC but is the next best thing.

MtnHusker

Heisman Winner
Insider
Elite Member
tPB OG
Do we think there are good available quarterbacks out there who want to transfer to a 3-9 team that has a coach on the ultimate hot seat?
If they only have 1 year remaining there is no concern with who the coach is in 2023. I figured we would be going after a smaller school QB who wants more exposure, a player who's coach left or a former starter who got passed up on the depth chart but wants to play. We have some nice weapons to throw to. Would you rather play at an FCS school or a Power5?

vailhusker

Heisman Winner
Insider
I'm surprised to see Max Johnson and A&M...

A&M has Haynes King coming off of injury. Guy is a hell of a player. And they have 5 Star Connor Weigman coming in 2022 (I assume early enrollee). If that puts Haynes King into the portal they should call Coach King down at Longview TX and get his son to Lincoln ASAP
That will be the interesting thing to watch as this first round of Portal QBs start to land is the ripple effect it will cause with the QBs on those teams.

David Webb

JCTJB
Elite Member
If they only have 1 year remaining there is no concern with who the coach is in 2023. I figured we would be going after a smaller school QB who wants more exposure, a player who's coach left or a former starter who got passed up on the depth chart but wants to play. We have some nice weapons to throw to. Would you rather play at an FCS school or a Power5?
Grad transfer I get, but they are taking a heck of a chance if they have more than one year left.

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds