Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Definitive HS movies by decade (1 Viewer)

huskerj12

Wide Receiver
tPB OG
If you want the most modern high school experience then HBO's Euphoria (series) is it. And it'll scare the shit out of you if you have kids.
I have good news for you - 99.99999% of high schoolers are not living like that show haha. All studies show current teens/young adults are doing far LESS drinking/drugs/sex than previous generations. They're more likely to be shut-ins.

huskerj12

Wide Receiver
tPB OG
This is a fun topic! It's difficult to go by decade since you only go to high school for 4 years (well, most of us...)

So for example, Superbad was the closest thing to (a much much funnier version of) high school for me as an 07 graduate, but someone who graduated in 01 would probably have a much different pick.

BorWhiskey

Ziggy Stardust
Insider
Elite Member
Here's what I pulled out of the thread;

1950s - Stand By Me
Mentions - Porky's, Dead Poets Society, Back to the Future, Rebel Without a Cause

1960s - The Outsiders
Mentions - Heaven Help Us, American Graffiti

1970s - Dazed & Confused
Mentions - Remember the Titans, Grease, Halloween

1980s - Breakfast Club
Mentions - Fast Times at Ridgemont High, Ferris Bueller, Freaks & Geeks (tv show), Karate Kid, Just One of the Guys, Pretty in Pink, Weird Science, Better Off Dead, Sixteen Candles, Making the Grade, The Goonies, Back to the Future, Valley Girl

1990s - American Pie
Mentions - Mid 90s, 10 Things I Hate About You, Can't Hardly Wait, Varsity Blues, She's All That, Drive Me Crazy, Clueless, Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Kids

2000s - Superbad
Mentions - Mean Girls, Bring it On, EuroTrip

2010s - Easy A
Mentions - The Perks of Being a Wallflower, 21 Jump Street, Project X, Dope

2020s - Euphoria (tv show)
Mentions - Snack Shack

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds