Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Dean getting killed on Tater Island and Twitter (1 Viewer)

Interloper

Linebacker
Elite Member
Made a good decision for once and never bothered to waste my time on that $1 deal, lol...

R1JYir.gif

Stan Raymond

Cornerback
Seriously, this sort of stuff really makes me hate him. When he makes these sort of explanations, it insults all of our intelligence. Surely even he can see the difference between merely not reporting on a rumor and actively commenting that a rumor is baseless?
Reporting that a rumor is baseless, is reporting on a rumor. Denying a rumor is as bad as spreading a rumor.

Link-

Link Lyman invented the DLine shift
Elite Member
Seriously, this sort of stuff really makes me hate him. When he makes these sort of explanations, it insults all of our intelligence. Surely even he can see the difference between merely not reporting on a rumor and actively commenting that a rumor is baseless?
Welcome to the entire reason this board was created.

Jim14510

GOD MOD
Admin
Elite Member
tPB OG
He’s not giving an inch. Saying that he can’t just leak rumors. Fucking hate when the media (especially deano) acts like they’re the official spokesperson of the university and not a dude who runs a message board dedicated to rumors
And again he wasn't the one leaking. He was denying it was true and deleting threads talking about it. Best case scenario he knew they were true and was doing his job of protecting the program. That way he's just a huge dork that thinks his job is way more than it is.

Even worse if he got scooped by @Huskerbuck85 and others by 24 hours. He'd still be a huge dork that thinks his job is way more than it is but he'd also be incompetent.

GAHusker

Cornerback
And again he wasn't the one leaking. He was denying it was true and deleting threads talking about it. Best case scenario he knew they were true and was doing his job of protecting the program. That way he's just a huge dork that thinks his job is way more than it is.

Even worse if he got scooped by @Huskerbuck85 and others by 24 hours. He'd still be a huge dork that thinks his job is way more than it is but he'd also be incompetent.
Yes. The options are that he is either a liar or he has no sources.

djw004

Wide Receiver
Elite Member
He’s not giving an inch. Saying that he can’t just leak rumors. Fucking hate when the media (especially deano) acts like they’re the official spokesperson of the university and not a dude who runs a message board dedicated to rumors
Like - that’s fine. Don’t leak rumors.

But you’re ACTIVELY LYING for some reason. That’s never necessary.

Alcaus

Quarterback
Elite Member
tPB OG
Like - that’s fine. Don’t leak rumors.

But you’re ACTIVELY LYING for some reason. That’s never necessary.
He could’ve easily said “guys I can’t confirm anything at this point but it sounds like we could see a departure in the next few days. We’ll let you know when we hear more.”

No specifics, but saying that everything is fine as far as they know makes them sounds like fucking idiots. Why have a membership if I have to wait for Rhule to break the news anyway.

Husker825

Bench Warmer
Elite Member
He could’ve easily said “guys I can’t confirm anything at this point but it sounds like we could see a departure in the next few days. We’ll let you know when we hear more.”

No specifics, but saying that everything is fine as far as they know makes them sounds like fucking idiots. Why have a membership if I have to wait for Rhule to break the news anyway.
I see zero reason for him to say anything on any of the rumor threads, they could just let the threads naturally evolve without ever saying anything in the threads. Doing that would at least allow his crappy site to keep the journalistic integrity while still serving its purpose as a message board for people spending money for that type of information. As soon as any of the “journalists” on that site say anything at all in any of the rumor threads it gives credence to those rumors whether they are true or not.

Huskerbuck85

Wide Receiver
I see zero reason for him to say anything on any of the rumor threads, they could just let the threads naturally evolve without ever saying anything in the threads. Doing that would at least allow his crappy site to keep the journalistic integrity while still serving its purpose as a message board for people spending money for that type of information. As soon as any of the “journalists” on that site say anything at all in any of the rumor threads it gives credence to those rumors whether they are true or not.
Speaking of paying to message on message boards… @God is a Husker @Chi7397 and any other attorney….are they drawing a fine line by banning ppl from a message board that they have paid to use?

Of course that’s givin that those who have been bant haven’t become vile or threatening to anyone else using the same message board?

Last edited:

HCFord1

Wide Receiver
Elite Member
tPB OG
Speaking of paying to message on message boards… @God is a Husker and any other attorney….are they drawing a fine line by banning ppl from a message board that they have paid to use?

Of course that’s givin that those who have been bant haven’t become vile or threatening to anyone else using the same message board?
There is a user agreement and terms of use that customers need to abide by.

GAHusker

Cornerback
I’m sure there is…can you provide them? Do they say “don’t disagree with Deab and don’t call out mongo”? Curious where line on their rules is drawn.
The bigger issue is what the fuck is anyone going to do about it? Paying an attorney 200-300 an hour just to post on his shitty site probably wouldn’t be worth it, and there won’t be a lot of damages

Huskerbuck85

Wide Receiver
The bigger issue is what the fuck is anyone going to do about it? Paying an attorney 200-300 an hour just to post on his shitty site probably wouldn’t be worth it, and there won’t be a lot of damages
Not looking for anything. For the sake of “it’s not quite season yet” conversation and to stay on the topic of “Deab is a blob” I was curious what their thoughts are.

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds