Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Breaking @Dean’s Tater Island Rankings—4* Raiola drops to #35 overall/#4 QB (2 Viewers)

Carm

Graduate Assistant
Recruiting Analyst
Insider
Elite Member
tPB OG
his longest positive carry since sophomore year - if MaxPreps is right - is 7 yards

1703003397594.png

Alcaus

Quarterback
Elite Member
tPB OG
his longest positive carry since sophomore year - if MaxPreps is right - is 7 yards

View attachment 31505
I don't think this is accurate.

Watching his senior tape he has a rushing touchdown of what is easily 20 yds. I think the concerns with his athleticism are a little overblown.

Hudl has him running a 4.25 shuttle. I'd put him in the mid-high 4.8 mark as a shot in the dark. Dwayne Haskins ran 5s 40. I think Raiola has enough there.

Carm

Graduate Assistant
Recruiting Analyst
Insider
Elite Member
tPB OG
Just to contrast, this is what 247 says (they have DR ranked number 2)

1703004216295.png

Scott Hall

Defensive Lineman
Elite Member
Just yesterday my YouTube recommended I watch a video from an Tater Island national guy discussing the impact of 5 star qb Raiola.

Never been on that site, they have their own rankings plus an index?

Carm

Graduate Assistant
Recruiting Analyst
Insider
Elite Member
tPB OG
the corresponding On 3 profile summary

1703004448277.png

Carm

Graduate Assistant
Recruiting Analyst
Insider
Elite Member
tPB OG
Just yesterday my YouTube recommended I watch a video from an Tater Island national guy discussing the impact of 5 star qb Raiola.

Never been on that site, they have their own rankings plus an index?
it's in the OP

Carm

Graduate Assistant
Recruiting Analyst
Insider
Elite Member
tPB OG
Hudl has him running a 4.25 shuttle. I'd put him in the mid-high 4.8 mark as a shot in the dark. Dwayne Haskins ran 5s 40. I think Raiola has enough there.
It's impossible to find a 40 time for him.

#HBD

Safety
Elite Member
Would love to see folks still on @RR$ riding Sean about it, calling him out and acting like it’s all him demoting Dylan.

At least letting him know this takes away any legitimacy of Tater Island and proves tPB, Rivals and 247 are the only legit recruiting sites. 🤷🏼‍♂️😂

DAFACE06-2817-41A1-8F83-084A46A7B384-1268-0000007D16E32C5F.gif

dom91932

Cornerback
Elite Member

View attachment 31505
Is high school like college in that sacks are counted as rushing yards? Is there any breakdown of the carries that were not him being sacked? I have to think that he had very good protection so it may not make any real difference but I was just curious.

IM4NUALWAYS

Linebacker
Elite Member
Has anyone called him out on this?!?!

View attachment 31486
View attachment 31489
This is his explanation just now in the chat session.

Sean Callahan said:
Tater Island uses an independent team of college scouts that are not media members. They are guys that worked for D-I football staffs in evaluating. At Rivals, and other places the writers do the rankings. Shannon has it where we write and tell the stories and do the reports and the rankings teams watches the film like a college staff to do the evals if that makes sense.

Alcaus

Quarterback
Elite Member
tPB OG
It's impossible to find a 40 time for him.
Yeah, not finding anything either. I'm just estimating.

It's possible those rushing scores were called back on penalty but I was pretty sure I read he rushed for 3 scores his senior year.

Kazman5k

Cornerback
Elite Member
Tater island would have ranked Andrew luck a mid level 3 star because he didn’t rush for 1000 in high school

Carm

Graduate Assistant
Recruiting Analyst
Insider
Elite Member
tPB OG
Interesting film study on DR:

I really enjoyed it - fun to watch him throw. Thanks!

Interestingly, he came out exactly like Charles Power did - at the very top of 4 star, not a 5 star because of mobility/athleticism

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds