Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

CU's Travis Hunter injured - out several weeks (2 Viewers)

Dell Husker

Quarterback
tPB OG
I’m guessing Hunter will be back next Saturday similar to Bobby Boucher coming back to help the Mud Dogs win the Bourbon Bowl.

Deions postgame quote will be: “God healed that man knowing he had to do what it takes to win this game. That’s serious dawg shit. We take offense to all you guys who had him on your injury reports. It’s personal.”

...TrueColors...

Graduate Assistant
Insider
The thing that pissed me off more than anything is that Deion humiliated 2 very respectable programs (NU and TCU) who didn't really clap back so he just assumed he could keep doing this every week with zero repercussions. So he does it AGAIN week 3 and this time the opponent goes out and destroys the spleen of your best player on YOUR sideline right in your fucking face. And now he's out for a month.

I'm really curious if anyone in the CU camp was like "maybe showing zero class & humiliating our opponents every week before the game ISN'T the smartest thing to do." 🤷‍♂️🤔

Tweet below: I'm sure this guy is just making this up ...but in this case I'd guess he's probably accurate. There's got to be SOME traditionalists among the CU booster base who think Deion should tone it down about now.

They’ve got a choice to either double down or tone it down this week. If they double down, Oregon will score 80 and I have a feeling it’ll get dangerous for CU to play.

...TrueColors...

Graduate Assistant
Insider
I’m guessing Hunter will be back next Saturday similar to Bobby Boucher coming back to help the Mud Dogs win the Bourbon Bowl.

Deions postgame quote will be: “God healed that man knowing he had to do what it takes to win this game. That’s serious dawg shit. We take offense to all you guys who had him on your injury reports. It’s personal.”

I seriously had to stop and say… “Wait. Did Deion really say this?” And then I realized you were joking.

HTXHusker

Bench Warmer
Elite Member
Reminds me of this

I was in school when Richie and Suh were there. Suh just looked different in person in regular clothes. I had seen him around a couple times, but dude just had massive arms, yet skinny waist. Dude looked like a Y walking around yet was 300lbs. Ryon Bingham had thick ass legs, looked wide, but Suh always looked lean despite similar height and weight. One time he showed up randomly to a house party I had, but didn't stick around long. Didn't say shit the entire time. No idea how he found his way to my place.

Richie, obviously had his history. Neighbor of mine when I lived on Charleston St, attended a party where he was at. Richie got pissed off at someone and threw a punch but missed and hit my neighbor in the head accidently and his head went through the spindles of the deck. Face was all scratched up and fucked up. That shit never hit the news so know telling how many unknown incidents went on back in them days.

BushAK

Offensive Lineman
Elite Member
tPB OG
I was in school when Richie and Suh were there. Suh just looked different in person in regular clothes. I had seen him around a couple times, but dude just had massive arms, yet skinny waist. Dude looked like a Y walking around yet was 300lbs. Ryon Bingham had thick ass legs, looked wide, but Suh always looked lean despite similar height and weight. One time he showed up randomly to a house party I had, but didn't stick around long. Didn't say shit the entire time. No idea how he found his way to my place.

Richie, obviously had his history. Neighbor of mine when I lived on Charleston St, attended a party where he was at. Richie got pissed off at someone and threw a punch but missed and hit my neighbor in the head accidently and his head went through the spindles of the deck. Face was all scratched up and fucked up. That shit never hit the news so know telling how many unknown incidents went on back in them days.
Suh is the biggest man I've ever seen. He always had an entourage but it seemed like he took up the whole sidewalk downtown on a weekend night. The second biggest guy that I've seen was Lydon Murtha. That guy showed up to a house party that I was at. Murtha took two girls into my buddy's room. My buddy went in there to kick them out. He took one step in the room and then backed out while telling us he would just sleep on the couch that night.

NSECTA4

Safety
Elite Member
Not to be a whiny bitch, but if that evidence is submitted to NCAA/Pac-12, shouldn't they suspend him for at least a game?

A cheap shot is one thing. But that is straight up borderline assault.
I guess I’m in the minority. I’ve seen only short clips of the hit and thought it was a good hit.
Devastating hit, sure. Pretty sure AfroThunder would say hold my beer.
Nebraska Football Mlb GIF by SB Nation

EDIT: Just saw the entire play for the first time. Oh man, that was fucked up.

Last edited:

HerbRedman

Quarterback
Elite Member
tPB OG
They’ve got a choice to either double down or tone it down this week. If they double down, Oregon will score 80 and I have a feeling it’ll get dangerous for CU to play.
It’s a great Catch 22 Deion is in this week. On one end, if he visibly backs off and tones things down, everyone knows it's because he doesn't want the Oregon smoke & he's going out like a bitch.

On the other end, if he doubles down then he risks actually giving the Duck players MORE motivation to go out and pound his average team into oblivion 63-17.

Both are shitty options for Coach Prime but the beautiful thing is, he has to pick one of them. Should be a fun week - because I have to think that deep down Prime knows his team is way overmatched this week. And he also knows that Oregon is not gonna give them 4 easy turnovers like Nebraska did....or give them 10 penalties, 2 turnovers & zero defense like TCU did.

Colorado is 3-0...but they cannot beat even a semi-equal team unless the opponent hands them either 4 turnovers or 10+ penalties & zero defense. Prime knows that the era of getting freebies is over with UO, USC, UCLA, WSU, Oregon State, etc. Not to mention Washington.

Tsakoi

Running Back
Elite Member
At least now he can dedicate 100% of his time to what he truly loves ..... talking shit during the opposing teams pregame walk through.

RedSavage

Offensive Lineman
Elite Member

I had a house on Charleston street for a year. Three houses down from Casey's. Good times

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds